You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
db4100

CV Autopilot

20 comments in this topic

[LWA]
Members
1,126 posts

Anyone else experiencing a very crappy autopilot for the CVs.  It seems it has gotten worse since the last update.  It is so crappy, and will almost always put you on an island.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[SIMP]
Members
1,522 posts
11 minutes ago, db4100 said:

Anyone else experiencing a very crappy autopilot for the CVs.  It seems it has gotten worse since the last update.  It is so crappy, and will almost always put you on an island.

Yes.

The autopilot on CVs is currently garbage. 

WG, you really need to fix this!

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,441 battles

The auto pilot for all ships is updated in 8.7 but it will still run you aground in any ship if you plot a path too close to land. How close is too close depends on your ships size, speed and turning radius. CVs and BBs are large, some speedy and none of them turn on a dime. 

If you ground using auto pilot you plotted a path and turn too close to a land mass.

[PPFV]
[PPFV]
Members
341 posts

It got actively worse in the last update, yes. CVs will now regularly fail to turn when a waypoint tells them to. I've found myself several kilometers off course more than once - and I don't play CVs often, so for to happen more than once means it happens quite often, percentage-wise. Fortunately, the autopilot next match seems to be a lot better based on my PTS experiences with it. Essentially you get to the point the same way a bot in co-op would, which - while still far from perfect - is at least usually successful.

Edited by Hermetica

Members
1,872 posts

This topic has been done to death gentlemen. So many times that WG actually has a new autopilot fix inbound for 0.8.7 .

I'd recommend searching the forums before creating new threads.

Here's the devblog link: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/public-test-087/

and https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/bulletin-087/

Edited by ElectroVeeDub
  • Cool 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[AK-47]
Members
280 posts
7,622 battles

Yep, I have played CV for the directives, and yes, it is very bad.... I played in senario, and autopilot always drive the ship right to the island.

It's already to the point that I start manually controlling the ship.....

WG said they gonna improve it in next patch.

[GWG]
Members
6,962 posts
13,503 battles

Mine always finds new ways to turn straight towards enemy ships...   Auto-pilot does nothing.

Auto-pilot to the far corner...   Guess what?  Keeps going straight into that channel the two DDs are waiting.  Doesn't even try.

[KNCOL]
Members
788 posts
1,749 battles

From the few games that I played with the new autopilot (killed my interest in the game so I am taking a bit of a break)I think WG should revert it then work on a new one.

[KNCOL]
Members
788 posts
1,749 battles
2 hours ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

This topic has been done to death gentlemen. So many times that WG actually has a new autopilot fix inbound for 0.8.7 .

I'd recommend searching the forums before creating new threads.

Here's the devblog link: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/public-test-087/

and https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/bulletin-087/

This is no where near "done to death" compared to other drama and issues that have happened in wows

And even so I think it's ok if people are vocal about problems or issues even if multiple people are saying it

Members
1,872 posts
12 minutes ago, Koogus said:

This is no where near "done to death" compared to other drama and issues that have happened in wows

And even so I think it's ok if people are vocal about problems or issues even if multiple people are saying it

Except this is about the 10th thread I've personally seen. So yeah... done to death. This topic has been announced as in PTS for weeks now. It was even posted in the game launcher.

In some forums you can literally get banned for posting duplicate topic threads.

The search function is OP...

Edited by ElectroVeeDub
  • Boring 2

[SIMP]
Members
1,522 posts
51 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Except this is about the 10th thread I've personally seen. So yeah... done to death. This topic has been announced as in PTS for weeks now. It was even posted in the game launcher.

In some forums you can literally get banned for posting duplicate topic threads.

Eh, the more exposure it gets, the better.

WG has a nasty habit of ignoring a reasonable amount of feedback and only seems to take action if there is a massive response to something from the playerbase.

• Cool 1

[KNCOL]
Members
788 posts
1,749 battles
1 hour ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Where were you when the rework first came out and when the forums were basically only about it? I'm surprised your not considered legendary from complaining about all the rework posts if just 10 posts are enough to bug you

Also even if it annoys you just dont read the post. just because you've seen it alot does not mean everyone else has

Edited by Koogus
Spelling and grammar garbage

Members
1,872 posts
19 minutes ago, Koogus said:

Where were you when the rework first came out and when the forums were basically only about it? I'm surprised your not considered legendary from complaining about all the rework posts if just 10 posts are enough to bug you

Also even if it annoys you just dont read the post. just because you've seen it alot does not mean everyone else has

That's the 10th one in just this week Bro...

Use the search function. Quit whining and flaming over it.  These are pretty normal forum rules no matter where you go.

Now gimme a second while I look for my "beating a dead horse meme" for upload ...

tenor 3.gif

Edited by ElectroVeeDub
  • Boring 3

[KNCOL]
Members
788 posts
1,749 battles
10 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

That's the 10th one in just this week Bro...

Use the search function. Quit whining and flaming over it.  These are pretty normal forum rules no matter where you go.

Now gimme a second while I look for my "beating a dead horse meme" for upload ...

tenor 3.gif

The only person here that seems to be whining is you. All I have said is compared posts about issues this is not too bad and I also said that if you dont like these post then dont read them.

Also you should not beat animals. PETA may try and hunt you down and use you for weird advertising 

[SOUS]
[SOUS]
Members
128 posts
6,352 battles

You misunderstand what auto pilot on a CV does.... It's a setting you use when you want to hit every island on the damn map.

• Funny 1

Members
671 posts
2,685 battles

Yea, its been going on for maybe a couple of months but is just useless now. You can't even reliably go straight without your ship turning in place and going backwards or something, or adding random turns from clear ocean on the path to islands or enemies in a different direction.  My CVs are mostly on the shelf until I can have some sort of reliable control over my hull. It's important to treat CVs like surface ships where every encounter matters now, so losing attacks, time and health because of a malfunction is frustrating.

[NUWES]
Members
3,138 posts
10,742 battles
13 hours ago, db4100 said:

I don't think it is worse. I think it is as lousy as it was before. It grounds or runs into the map edge constantly if the course is anywhere close. In Operation: Raptor Rescue my CV grounds every time I try to plot an autopilot course between the islands to follow the Raptor. The ironic thing is I am in another Ranger. It doesn't matter where you draw the autopilot route between the islands it grounds every time. I have to stop and manually pilot through.