Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ddoubletapp1

Shenyang - Predatory. 145K.

5 comments in this topic

[WOLF4]
Members
882 posts
11,973 battles

Tier 4 has arguably the strongest selection of effective destroyers to choose from - Wakeful, Iso, Izy, Clem, 170, - there's not a dog in the bunch.
IMHO, though - Shenyang is a standout even in this exalted company.

41 knots unboosted, quick reloading torps with good alpha, fast turrets and really good shell arcs - whats not to love?

She is a boat that doesn't require much support to cap or hunt - she is capable of doing it all, and carrying hard.  This match is now my T4 damage record - previously held by the pre-accuracy-nerf Orion.

I know I should feel some guilt playing T4 with 7200 matches under my belt - but I really don't!

The PA DD line doesn't offer a whole lot of "uniqueness" in the higher tiers (I stalled out at tier 7) - but the Shenyang is an absolute gem!

Edited by ddoubletapp1
  • Cool 1

[TASC]
Members
325 posts
11,383 battles

I like using the Shenyang. If I only played with that ship, my WR percentage would go way up.

V170 is my second best T4.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,319 posts
25,257 battles
2 hours ago, ddoubletapp1 said:

there's not a dog in the bunch.

Except the Shenyang itself?

I tend to die to torpedoes more than I ever do gunfire knifefighting another destroyer, so I avoid such fights like the plague. The only destroyers Im not concerned about closing with are PA destroyers. (Excepting Anshan and Lo Yang for obvious reasons.)

The reciprocal of that is also why I refuse to even play that line, (I have Chengan, Huang He, Anshan, and Lo Yang; they been out how long now?)

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

[WOLF4]
Members
882 posts
11,973 battles
15 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Except the Shenyang itself?

I tend to die to torpedoes more than I ever do gunfire knifefighting another destroyer, so I avoid such fights like the plague. The only destroyers Im not concerned about closing with are PA destroyers. (Excepting Anshan and Lo Yang for obvious reasons.)

The reciprocal of that is also why I refuse to even play that line, (I have Chengan, Hunage He, Anshan, and Lo Yang; they been out how long now?)

And therein lies the beauty of the Shenyang.

She can't torp other DDs, but those guns.  It may just be impression - but I'd be surprised if there were flatter arcs in its match tier spread.

With its high speed, long smoke and decent conceal - she's pretty handy at picking her fights.

I concur about the rest of the line, though - for the most part, it felt I had already ground through them on my trip through the Russian and US lines.

Ran into a Lo Yang this afternoon, though (I was on Lightning) - with that long duration, 5.5km hydro - it absolutely slaughtered me from smoke (my torps were on cooldown).

Which reminds me - I really need to spec RDF on that British DD commander!

• Cool 1

[TASC]
Members
325 posts
11,383 battles

I find the Shenyang good at fighting other DD's. I win 95% of the time against another destroyer.

It not so good against the French Siroco destroyer.

Edited by Timo_Greenwold
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this