Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Ahab1776

Agonizing kills in CV

12 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,604 posts
15,768 battles

Today I took my Furious out to grind after having a bad start in Ranked. This ship seems to only be surpassed by my Jonah Bart in the jinx factor. I know this going in. Anyways, with the alpha strike being removed it can make kills for a enemy ship agonizing with the death of a thousand blows. 

Had a game where I ran across a player that I knew was good. He was the most eminent threat on the opposing side and he was in a Hatsuharu. So he dodged most of my attacks but, kept getting clipped repeatedly. I know that was frustrating for him and I kept trying. I had/have no malice towards this individual and I took no pleasure in a extended attack. If the CV attacks was just a little more damaging it could have been over. Anyways to conclude. I messaged him after the game and told him it was nothing personal and gave him a +1. 

• Cool 1

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,459 battles

the only kills I have made in any CV in any mode is from attacking a beat down loner that a finger thump would finish off. The CV rework started off as garbage and continues to be garbage getting more putrid with every update. 

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,604 posts
15,768 battles
1 hour ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

the only kills I have made in any CV in any mode is from attacking a beat down loner that a finger thump would finish off. The CV rework started off as garbage and continues to be garbage getting more putrid with every update. 

It's wierd, even being in a DD unless the person you are firing on detonates. If they are full health it will take several attempts, especially if they are dodging and swerving which was the case today. Like kept just getting part of a rocket attack, swerving a level bomb attack and just catching one bomb out of many. Over and over.

• Funny 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,604 posts
15,768 battles
53 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

At least Furious is getting buffed. Always hated her and Hermes.

Furious is getting a buff? I hope she does. I had just made the comment today that I was just about ready to Free XP past her. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,536 posts
7 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Furious is getting a buff? I hope she does. I had just made the comment today that I was just about ready to Free XP past her. 

fwiw imo prior to the last two hot patches she was decent, my fav go-to carrier. Butt since they started dinkin' with carriers after release, it's all been downhill. 

Not sure why folks keep playing carriers right now... myself, I rarely take em out. Fact is, my total game play is way down, maybe a dozen all last week. 

As I like NMS, I have been refreshing my skills for the big (FREE) DLC coming on the 14th. Should be a riot. Folks with VR gear are likely gonna eat it up like pumpkin' pie on Thanksgiving. Add to that all the (FREE) games coming from the Epic game launcher, I suddenly realized, too much good stuff to do, not enough time to do it. 

Sad to say for me - and just me - WoWS is losing that indefinable thing that kept me playing it since what, 2015? The competition in other arenas is just too good these days. I'm not saying her direct competitors, nope. Just other games and game companies who "get it". 

BTW folks...have fun! 

[RLGN]
Members
14,334 posts
25,271 battles
12 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

The buff; Furious is sunk as a breakwater off a British D-Day beach, thus releasing the T6 tree spot for replacement by Ark Royal.

There is much rejoicing, except by makers of eye bleach, who had bumper sales whenever Furious went anywhere near anyone with any sense of asthetics. :Smile_ohmy:

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,604 posts
15,768 battles
4 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

The buff; Furious is sunk as a breakwater off a British D-Day beach, thus releasing the T6 tree spot for replacement by Ark Royal.

There is much rejoicing, except by makers of eye bleach, who had bumper sales whenever Furious went anywhere near anyone with any sense of asthetics. :Smile_ohmy:

I hadn't looked at the Wiki page in awhile. I noticed the Ark Royal was listed as T6 too. Sorry, haven't kept up with the RN CV line. So it is replacing the Furious in game? I'll probably keep mine if it's allowed. I'm a collector/horder of ships I like lol

(No it's not the Bogue, I still have withdrawals for my Bogue, and would have kept her if I could have.)

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,604 posts
15,768 battles

I don't know why, but this ship actually grew on me. She was just something different than the typical CV design. When I first seen it in game I thought what a tall looking ship. The flight deck appears to sit really high above the water line. Her planes as well, the Fairey Barracuda MK2's. Seemed like big planes. Definitely not fighter planes.

(to the mods, not trying to derail the original subject here. Just admiring a ship that grew on me.)

HMS_Furious-15.jpg

iu (50).jpg

[GWG]
Members
6,969 posts
13,503 battles

I'm figuring out that I can do more damage on ships using rockets...   Even the Graf Zeppellin.

In amount of damage 1) secondaries, 2) Torpedoes, 3) Rockets, 4) bombs.

Expect the next CV nerf to be on the Secondaries.

[RLGN]
Members
14,334 posts
25,271 battles
51 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I hadn't looked at the Wiki page in awhile. I noticed the Ark Royal was listed as T6 too. Sorry, haven't kept up with the RN CV line. So it is replacing the Furious in game? I'll probably keep mine if it's allowed. I'm a collector/horder of ships I like lol

(No it's not the Bogue, I still have withdrawals for my Bogue, and would have kept her if I could have.)

No, didn't mean that; I mean Furious is so ugly (ymmv,) I can hardly stand to look at the thing.

To quote Al Bundy; 'MY EYES! I'M BLIND!'

• Funny 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,604 posts
15,768 battles
1 hour ago, AVR_Project said:

I'm figuring out that I can do more damage on ships using rockets...   Even the Graf Zeppellin.

In amount of damage 1) secondaries, 2) Torpedoes, 3) Rockets, 4) bombs.

Expect the next CV nerf to be on the Secondaries.

I'm saddened by the nerfing of the CV's. For sentimental reasons and the fact air power / CV's was the main weapon in the surface ship war in the Pacific in the end of WW2. Yes I know this is not 100% keeping to the story line and this is a game. I just like CV's.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

Sign in to follow this