You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Iron_Salvo921

Star Shells?

10 comments in this topic

[UTWE]
Members
360 posts
5,986 battles

Star shells were a big thing back in the day. I don't see why they can't be implemented into WoWs. At first I thought they would be good as another shell type but that would probably be too OP. Maybe a consumable for DD's and CL/A's? Once you activate the consumable it fires in the direction you're looking, it could detect anything in a 3km radius and burn over the target for 15-20 seconds? Maybe if WG introduces night battles (which I think they should). Obviously a very loose, unbalanced idea, but I think it could work.

[ADR]
Members
4,447 posts
15,465 battles

maybe if we had an actual Night mode ?   but Star Shells are pretty much pointless.  we have Radar,  Hydro ( all that can see thru islands)   CV planes..

[0456]
Members
3,621 posts
9,586 battles

They had star shells in one of the PVE operations... It seemed like it might be for testing and potential future implementation but I haven't seen anything else about them. 

Edited by _ENO_

[M_S]
Members
415 posts
4,324 battles
7 minutes ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

maybe if we had an actual Night mode ?   but Star Shells are pretty much pointless.  we have Radar,  Hydro ( all that can see thru islands)   CV planes..

Possibly. Star shells might also be effective during severe weather like thunderstorms.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,082 posts
14 minutes ago, Iron_Salvo921 said:

Star shells were a big thing back in the day. I don't see why they can't be implemented into WoWs. At first I thought they would be good as another shell type but that would probably be too OP. Maybe a consumable for DD's and CL/A's? Once you activate the consumable it fires in the direction you're looking, it could detect anything in a 3km radius and burn over the target for 15-20 seconds? Maybe if WG introduces night battles (which I think they should). Obviously a very loose, unbalanced idea, but I think it could work.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Operation_Cherry_Blossom

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
27,081 posts
23,857 battles

We don't have true night combat in WoWS.  Operation Cherry Blossom in the game simply has the gamme turned down, and the star shells used in that PVE operation are purely scripted and something not fired by the bot ships.

There is no true night combat elements to Cherry Blossom.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[0456]
Members
3,621 posts
9,586 battles
11 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

We don't have true night combat in WoWS.  Operation Cherry Blossom in the game simply has the gamme turned down, and the star shells used in that PVE operation are purely scripted and something not fired by the bot ships.

There is no true night combat elements to Cherry Blossom.

This is true- I neglected to add that part. They're in game... but not actually used by the ships. I did, however, hope that was a stepping stone to somewhere darker... or lighter? Whichever. 

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,442 battles

@Iron_Salvo921 they could be added as a consumable in place of def AA, hydro, radar, spotter plane, smoke, speed boost or reload booster.

When activated they could be fired automatically at the same time and in the direction the main batteries are fired.