Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
z9_

Are You Looking Forward To The New Game?

40 comments in this topic

[OIL-1]
Members
1,281 posts

Wargaming releasing "Caliber", a 3rd person shooter.
Full reveal at gamescom. (August 20-24)
Similar to PUBG, but it looks like CSGO.
PVP and PVE.
4 classes. Assault, Medic, Marksman, Support.

Russian video showing gameplay from last year:

Looks boring. 4v4 call of doody style, but slower. Gun mechanics better be good.
Will prolly feature endless progression, P2W, and voodoo ballistics with RNG damage.
There's a lot of good f2p shooters out there right now, but Wargaming might have a trick up its sleeve.
At least we don't have to wait long to find out.

[SALVO]
Members
2,008 posts
6,198 battles

No interest.  There are tons of generic shooters out there already.  I’d play one of them if I wanted a normal one.  That’s why I play Warships in the first place.

• Cool 2

[-K-]
Members
8,349 posts
14,130 battles
7 minutes ago, eviltane said:

No interest.  There are tons of generic shooters out there already.  I’d play one of them if I wanted a normal one.  That’s why I play Warships in the first place.

A second this.  Outside of a handful of older games, I've never been big into first person games.  I'll stick with Warships, thanks :Smile_honoring:

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,217 battles

Yeah, there are other shooters, but none where you can get a $40 M60 or $38 M249.

Seriously though -- there are too many shooters out there as it is.

Members
3,585 posts
12,976 battles

It doesnt look bad. Doesnt stand out though. And it's attempting to enter a already oversaturated genre. 

Maybe itll just be heavily marketed to RU. Like Crossfire is a CN CSGO copy game, Allods is RU WoW copy game, etc etc. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
27,063 posts
23,842 battles

Competition in the shooter genre is very fierce.

The 4 vs 4 scale looks very small.  I'm used to the much larger, old school Battlefield teams like in BF4 and older.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
1,226 posts
4,464 battles

Yup generic. More trash like abortnite, Apex and PuBg.

MAG was the only good FPS that wasn't garbage. It's a shame Sony mismanaged it so badly... 128 VS 128 on PS3 hardware was impressive it also had the best netcode I've ever played on to date. Before Sony shut down Zipper and it had good server support. Pretty much no lag ever, not even the corner lag you get in most fps games. WeeGee should hire there former employees to fix WoWs/WoTs garbage code.

Edited by Stand_Alone97
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,063 posts

meh another small squad shooter, how long before it gets gold ammo? :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,643 posts
44 minutes ago, z9_ said:

Medic

If I played it, which I probably won't, I'd have to be a medic I guess.

At one time in my life I might have been looking forward to it but such games really don't interest me now.

• Cool 1

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,878 posts
4,881 battles

Would there be a tech tree to like unlocking gun upgrade or better guns as you move up? There was this one fps f2p game long ago that I love playing alot and they had this system. Like you unlock ak-47 at level 15 and antomatic Glock at lvl 30. And they could not be bought, you had to grind for it like everyone else did. Only thing that killed the great game was that it was really easy to run hacks on that game since it was client side unlike wows and wot. 

Members
4,313 posts
4,580 battles

Missed opportunity not naming it World of Firearms. Chances are its already trademarked though. 

• Funny 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

Oh look another game WG will present well and then monetize into the ground.

Members
1,872 posts

It's just my opinion... but I don't gravitate towards FPS shooters with F2P mechanics in them. I only play a F2P WoWs because there's really no other choice for a good PvP based Naval warfare game.

When I play FPS's, I want a full AAA release for $60 and maybe some DLC content. Something like Battlefield 5.

Edited by ElectroVeeDub

[KW]
Banned
623 posts

U see this is the problem 

They just have too many irons in the fire they just need to focus on the gem that is wows but I dont think they are capable 

I frickin knew it. There all over the place.

200.gif

Edited by nastydamnanimal
  • Cool 2

Members
1,674 posts
12,378 battles
9 minutes ago, nastydamnanimal said:

They just have too many irons in the fire they just need to focus but I dont think they are capable 

I was going to say this the other day.
Is why we are not getting listen to here, why pay attention to us when they have 97 other game coming out.
Our money does not matter any longer

We are stale bread.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
10,648 posts
18,555 battles

Its never a good sign when instead of innovating, WG is copying...

Maybe in that game the "loot boxes" fanatics will finally have validation to their conspiracy against WG.

So far, WG has been lost for years... Can it be a replacement to Fortnight? Maybe.... Since I am not the target consumer for the new game... Meh for me too.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,063 posts
16 minutes ago, nastydamnanimal said:

They just have too many irons in the fire they just need to focus but I dont think they are capable 

they are kinda forced to back/make new games as playerbase for their old games has dwindled over the years

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
812 posts
6,570 battles
16 minutes ago, nastydamnanimal said:

6 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

I was going to say this the other day.
Is why we are not getting listen to here, why pay attention to us when they have 97 other game coming out.
Our money does not matter any longer

We are stale bread.

I would agree with you if this is Wargaming St Petersburg I.e., Lesta Studios. Caliber is a joint venture between WG and 1C Studios.  I don’t see an issue here

Members
806 posts
7,027 battles

It looks like a worse version of Ghost Recon Phantoms. A free to play 3rd person shooter that was shut down 3 years ago, and it had egregious monetization and pay2win micro-transactions. I wouldn't surprised if WG tried to milk the heck out of this game as well. 

[-BMV-]
Members
516 posts
18,789 battles

Im gonna take one for the team and download the game to see how it is when they release it. Don't get your hopes up on a "fair and impartial" opinion from me though, im going through a dissapointment phase regarding WG and their products.

Sign in to follow this