You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_ENO_

Refreshing some of the original ships...

8 comments in this topic

[0456]
Members
3,608 posts
9,553 battles

I finally went back to my Grober Kurfurst and the rear gun angles are prohibitively restrictive. At the time I understood since it had the massive HP pool, great secondaries that could murder on demand and great survivability in close range rumbles what with a very effective turtleback armour configuration. Now the HP pool is exceeded, the secondaries are less than unique in their capability and the overall resilience of the ship to damage is less noteworthy.

Now the prominence of what was unique features at the time are less than remarkable... and some of the artificial restrictions imposed on it for balance are questionable. Specifically the rear turret sits unobstructed at its most forward firing position- every one of those degrees can help as faster firing guns of larger caliber are added even to lower tier ships. Even if just that turret was allowed its full range of unrestricted travel I'm of the opinion that would give Grober a little boost towards parity with its gimmicky cousins.

There are undoubtedly other ships out there that have had the [edited] power crept out of them... are there any you can think of that are an easy upgrade to bring them more in line with their equal tiered cousins? 

• Cool 2

[0456]
Members
3,608 posts
9,553 battles
10 minutes ago, Captain_Locke said:

I think it's time for German bbs to be able to hit targets now. 

Yeah I noticed that the dispersion even around 12km was antagonizing... time to dial that in a bit so it's just not just a piniata for Colberts and some of the other nonsense we're finding out there now, Harukiddingme, Worthlesster,  and the like. 

They give Hindie back half a second of her reload and then that [edited]thing comes along and has a what... 2 second reload it seemed like? Good grief. 

Edited by _ENO_

[KNCOL]
Members
786 posts
1,747 battles
46 minutes ago, Captain_Locke said:

I think it's time for German bbs to be able to hit targets now. 

I love how inaccurate the German BBs are, it gives me a reason to get ridiculously close and blast the pirates of the Caribbean theme at the same time

[0456]
Members
3,608 posts
9,553 battles
9 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

It's a shame that other t10 bbs have hydro as well. 

Okay it preserves that unique trait- I'll give you that...  

Thanks for the reminder. 

Edited by _ENO_

[ADR]
Members
4,447 posts
15,465 battles

The US and IJN lines are all slipping further and further back,  Bigger, Faster,  Stronger ships coming in  all the time.     ( not all ships, there are still a few good ones )

[--K--]
Members
1,343 posts
10,202 battles

I can do quite a bit of damage in the Grosser Kurfürst, wreak havoc on other BB’s and Cruisers.  It has its weaknesses like all ships, but can absolutely dominate.  Took me awhile to figure it out, but I’m starting to get the hang of it, now holds my current damage record.  Makes me angry when a Montana hits me once in the stern and gets 10k dmg, but a full salvo of their broadside usually yields a citadel or two.

I feel it could use a rudder shift buff, this would help with the poor rear turret angles, other than that it’s a deadly ship.