You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rabin69

A question for MM Monitor users....

26 comments in this topic

[SHAFT]
Members
799 posts
17,201 battles

Does anyone know where this software pulls its data from?

Reason I ask is that I had the unfortunate experience of being paired three games straight in ranked last night with a player who basically started ranting about how weak the team is based on this program in all three games.

Second game in, after I was getting tired of the negativity, I asked him does he ever not complain when playing, to which he responded that I should stay quiet with my 48% winrate.

Sad thing is while I'm not nearly the best at this game, my winrate is above 50% in both random and ranked. No where near 48% actually.

So is it possible that this thing is giving inaccurate results and leading to unnecessary pessimism and saltiness in the game for some players?

Never used it and have no intention of, but would like some feedback from actual users before I file a ticket.

If he's being misled while it doesn't condone the behavior but it may be feeding into some preconceived notions regarding MM that he has, spoiling his experience and those around him.

Edited by Rabin69

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,441 posts
14,165 battles

He may have looked at another players stats. He sounds like a horses behind and if you run into him again I would just put him on ignore.

• Cool 1

[BOTO]
Members
1,262 posts
15,472 battles
28 minutes ago, Rabin69 said:

Does anyone know where this software pulls its data from?

Reason I ask is that I had the unfortunate experience of being paired three games straight in ranked last night with a player who basically started ranting about how weak the team is based on this program in all three games.

Second game in, after I was getting tired of the negativity, I asked him does he ever not complain when playing, to which he responded that I should stay quiet with my 48% winrate.

Sad thing is while I'm not nearly the best at this game, my winrate is above 50% in both random and ranked. No where near 48% actually.

So is it possible that this thing is giving inaccurate results and leading to unnecessary pessimism and saltiness in the game for some players?

Never used it and have no intention of, but would like some feedback from actual users before I file a ticket.

If he's being misled while it doesn't condone the behavior but it may be feeding into some preconceived notions regarding MM that he has, spoiling his experience and those around him.

I could be wrong, but I believe it shows the win rate in the particular ship you're playing, not your overall win rate.

Edited by Aaron_S_Merrill
  • Cool 1

Members
1,872 posts

Yes... that software pulls that data from your account API. Access to your stats can be disabled in your account profile page with WarGaming. Once disabled it will prevent 3rd party access to your API from WG's servers.

Just block your stats. Problem solved. Those mods cannot function properly if they do not have API access.

• Funny 1

[0456]
Members
3,635 posts
9,605 battles
16 minutes ago, Squib_Surefire said:

and MMM is for that individual ship (if you are not aware).  

This is probably the issue- though they can actually get pretty quick access to wows-numbers through MMM too. If he'd taken the time to do that (no) he'd have probably found something else to [edited] about. 

Edited by _ENO_
  • Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Members
799 posts
17,201 battles
10 minutes ago, Squib_Surefire said:

and MMM is for that individual ship (if you are not aware).  

Is that overall or for the specified game mode? 

I was using my Kita, I have a 59% WR in ranked with it, but a pitiful 45% overall. I suck with it in randoms.

[0456]
Members
3,635 posts
9,605 battles
Just now, Rabin69 said:

Is that overall or for the specified game mode? 

I was using my Kita, I have a 59% WR in ranked with it, but a pitiful 45% overall. I suck with it in randoms.

It's just overall. Unless he took the time to go in through MMM to wows-numbers to look at your ranked battle stats specifically (again, hard no) then he'll be getting a very broad view of your overall performance in that specific ship. 

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Members
799 posts
17,201 battles
1 minute ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Yes... that software pulls that data from your account API. Access to your stats can be disabled in your account profile page with WarGaming. Once disabled it will prevent 3rd party access to your API from WG's servers.

Just block your stats. Problem solved. Those mods cannot function properly if they do not have API access.

I really don't care who sees my stats, I just have a problem with people equating one snap shot with how a player may or may not perform.

[0456]
Members
3,635 posts
9,605 battles
5 minutes ago, Rabin69 said:

I really don't care who sees my stats, I just have a problem with people equating one snap shot with how a player may or may not perform.

Even then dude... don't worry about it. Who is "people?" What are they to you? Do they know you? Do they pay your wages? 

If other people choose to look at your stats for something to complain about- they'll find it. If they don't they'll pick apart what you're doing in game. If you're already dead they'll pick on that. Still alive? You're a chickenshit coward. Firing your guns- at the wrong target. Not firing your guns- out of the battle hiding like a [edited]. 

Forget about "people" and focus on your game. You're good at it. Don't change anything (except people). 

Edited by _ENO_
  • Cool 2

Members
1,872 posts
2 minutes ago, Rabin69 said:

If you don't want them to judge then you cant allow access to stats... but hey. I gave a solution,  it's up to you to use it.

In my opinion is works quite well. I revoked API access 4 years ago, and nobody ever comments on my stats in-game. Sooo... it works.

Members
1,926 posts
7,591 battles

It's really not very useful.  It only shows the WR for that player in the ship he's playing in that match.  You could have unicum who has had a string of bad luck showing a 45% WR in the ship they're playing, or a complete potato whose teams have been carrying him showing a 58% WR.  

[GREEK]
Members
1,007 posts

MMM Pulls from the WoWs API for the individual ship.  However, you can click on the persons name and pull up their account in a new web page.  If you don't want to be nit picked, hide your stats.

[0456]
Members
3,635 posts
9,605 battles
1 minute ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

It's really not very useful.  It only shows the WR for that player in the ship he's playing in that match.  You could have unicum who has had a string of bad luck showing a 45% WR in the ship they're playing, or a complete potato whose teams have been carrying him showing a 58% WR.  

You have a one click connection to his entire statistic profile- which depending on context can be useful. 

[SYN]
Members
301 posts
12,344 battles
18 minutes ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

I could be wrong, but I believe it shows the win rate in the particular ship you're playing, not you overall win rate.

this is correct^^^  -  ignore the haters OP  -  Win Rate doesn't tell the whole story anyway, It might just say how much you division with your Unicum friends/Clanmates, plenty of 60%rs  around with 48% Solo WR - I know several players that wont even play without a division - 

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,459 battles

@Rabin69 Pay no attention to MM monitors. They are toxic garbage and the fact you are posting about one is proof enough of that! Ignore any one spouting off about such things block them in battle chat and blacklist them from port chat. Also put in a support ticket with replay reporting them for harassment.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
27,106 posts
23,865 battles
27 minutes ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

I could be wrong, but I believe it shows the win rate in the particular ship you're playing, not your overall win rate.

It's for the ship specifically.

There are players that I know are good overall that show up on MMM as bad because they can be bad at certain ships.  Great example are when a good, veteran player is playing one of the early ships they grinded with, and had a lot of learning experiences with it, i.e. the stats were bad at the time and it still shows.

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles

So much misinformation here.

Most of the matchmaking monitors now:

• Can show both current ship/overall stats (overall is a beta right now)
  • Show ranked specific stats

The most common one has done this for a long while now. All of them pull data from WG's APIs.

Members
1,739 posts
10,757 battles

Just anecdotes, but no one has ever said I suck due to MMM. I've never announced that someone sucks in chat due to MMM. I've perhaps seen it 20 times in 10000 matches. I think the MMM/chat bullying is blown out of proportion here.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,063 posts

yeah nice feature, surprised WoT never implemented the opt out stats especially with all the XVM hate.

[SHAFT]
Members
799 posts
17,201 battles
21 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

Just anecdotes, but no one has ever said I suck due to MMM. I've never announced that someone sucks in chat due to MMM. I've perhaps seen it 20 times in 10000 matches. I think the MMM/chat bullying is blown out of proportion here.

Sorry, I never meant to imply it was happening in a widespread manner. Was referring to one player who did it in three consecutive games. 

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
10,759 posts
18,591 battles

Ignorance is bliss with MMM users.... I would venture out to say, there could be a MMM user who is a true statistician, a true magician of numbers and equation...

Frankly, it should be a requirement to have a math degree to use MMM... Instead,

We have toxicity and misinformed gamers fueling the hate the game manages to cultivate..

@Rabin69

If I were you I would send the ticket up, not for his lack of education but his absent of courtesy.

BTW

Normal WR's are between %45 and %55 (even with a minimum of 10k battles in). 15k battles and above, its hard (because math is a law) to increase the percentile. It is easy to maintain the avg. you manage to get.