You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Droz1937

Option to disable ALL chat from individuals

28 comments in this topic

[RTR]
Beta Testers
168 posts
5,420 battles

There are just some people out there where a blacklist and text disable is not enough. I never want to see that individuals chat again, period. Where is that option? I don't want to mod and disable chat from the neutral-considerate folk....just the trolls and bad attitudes.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
231 posts
12,285 battles

Sometimes you have to say the truth to other players. Not that they change their ***** play style but it makes it easier for me to ignore the quit button and start another match.

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,441 battles

You can blacklist them once to halt port screen harassment but for battle chat you have to do so every battle.

The best and easiest thing to do is ignore them and the submit a support ticket with replay after every incident for harassment.

[JHSAV]
Beta Testers
39 posts
9,098 battles

Luckily there is an option for this.....two in fact. Your left eyelid and your right eyelid. Close them and you won't have to see any chat.

• Funny 1
  • Confused 1

Beta Testers
873 posts
11,028 battles
34 minutes ago, Droz1937 said:

There are just some people out there where a blacklist and text disable is not enough. I never want to see that individuals chat again, period. Where is that option? I don't want to mod and disable chat from the neutral-considerate folk....just the trolls and bad attitudes.

I find the best filter is the human brain. It has the ability to ignore stuff.

Generally speaking an adult is able to achieve this zen like state of not paying attention to random humans quite easily.

The younger crowd does seem to have issues though.

My 5 year old could not stand being called a meanie. It bothered him a lot.

[SHAFT]
Members
799 posts
17,190 battles
9 minutes ago, Tantallon said:

Luckily there is an option for this.....two in fact. Your left eyelid and your right eyelid. Close them and you won't have to see any chat.

Or just focus on the mini-map, it more helpful than closing your eye. Those island move ever so slightly now and again, at least that's my excuse when I pull a Notser.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,875 posts
16,304 battles

In the next release we will supposedly have the ability to block F Key commands in addition to chat from specific individuals.

This has been a long time coming and will hopefully work as intended.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/bulletin-087/

Screenshot_1.jpg

-Members-
1,642 posts
1,277 battles

Hey Captains, 

If you take a peak at the Public Test bulletin you will see there are improvements coming for chat. 

You will be able to block "F keys", messages from specific players and also disable battle chat in the in-game menu.

These improvements will help cut down on undesirable messages you see from other players and make it less distracting if a play is "spamming" the F-keys.

Do you captains think this will be a desirable addition to the game? 

• Cool 2

[CRF]
Members
712 posts
7,911 battles

I had one game this weekend in co-op where the other dd player just railed on "sh*t-@$$" CV players who sat back and did nothing but keep him spotted, all the while the CV player in the game was sending out planes.  I was playing a dd and had no issues - in fact knocked down a bunch of planes.  I ended up high damage, the complainer ended up 2nd high, but sunk, and the CV player ended up 4th place in damage, with two our bb's at the bottom of the list.  Chatted with the CV player afterwards, and it was his first game in the Lex - I thought he did very well.  Couldn't believe the other dd player just kept right on complaining all through the game, even after being sunk.  Looking forward to the block feature!!!

Members
1,092 posts
19 minutes ago, Kami said:

Hey Captains, 

If you take a peak at the Public Test bulletin you will see there are improvements coming for chat. 

You will be able to block "F keys", messages from specific players and also disable battle chat in the in-game menu.

These improvements will help cut down on undesirable messages you see from other players and make it less distracting if a play is "spamming" the F-keys.

I think WG should unlock nuclear weapons targeting to chat offenders, where their computers battle buttons lock down for a week.

Members
1,872 posts
55 minutes ago, sonoasailor said:

I had one game this weekend in co-op where the other dd player just railed on "sh*t-@$$" CV players who sat back and did nothing but keep him spotted, all the while the CV player in the game was sending out planes.  I was playing a dd and had no issues - in fact knocked down a bunch of planes.  I ended up high damage, the complainer ended up 2nd high, but sunk, and the CV player ended up 4th place in damage, with two our bb's at the bottom of the list.  Chatted with the CV player afterwards, and it was his first game in the Lex - I thought he did very well.  Couldn't believe the other dd player just kept right on complaining all through the game, even after being sunk.  Looking forward to the block feature!!!

People who complain in the game chat only attract the attention of CV's then get singled out.

I keep telling them to be quiet and stfu or they're next ... but... Darwinism says they must die first due to lack of intelligence...

• Funny 1

[ADR]
Members
4,447 posts
15,465 battles
1 hour ago, Kami said:

Hey Captains, 

Only took,  4 years ? you dudes are on pace to break records

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,583 posts
15,711 battles
1 hour ago, Kami said:

Hey Captains, 

Thank you Kami, yes it will improve game play and make the mods job a lot easier.

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,441 battles

@Kami In addition to the changes you mentioned a truly meaningful feature for Port Chat, Battle Chat and Forum post would be for toxic offenders to not only be temporarily chat/forum banned but to also have their game accounts suspended for a day for the first verified offense and thereafter 2, 3, 7, 14, 30 days then deleted on the 7th verified offense.

[0456]
Members
3,610 posts
9,577 battles
5 hours ago, Kami said:

4 hours ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

Only took,  4 years ? you dudes are on pace to break records

Pretty much what I was going to say... I mean on the positive side we're getting "an" improvement. On the other hand they've introduced half a dozen ship lines in 4 different nations (probably more of each but I'm just spitballing numbers) and completed an entire carrier rework- scratch that... they've implemented an entire carrier rework in the same amount of time it took someone to add this functionality. 

Not sure if it just didn't get complained about enough other than every. Single. Unsporstmanlike. Report. that ever came in. 

Being able to lock out F key spam is huge- but seriously that should have been an easy victory almost half a decade ago. It would be nice to have check marks next to the ships on the team screen so you could just uncheck anyone you didn't want to hear from in game- you know, maybe like people who are ALREADY on your black list?

Edited by _ENO_

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,012 posts
22,571 battles

IMHO there just are not enough options for chat. When I play PvP, I spend the first few minutes muting everyone on the enemy team. They need an option to do that on the "Team" screen. There needs to be an option to turn off all chat/messages from everyone except those people on your friends list and a way to mute all chat like they have in WoT.

The funny thing is I had all these options using AOL in the 1990s.... There is no good reason not to include these features in a game for the 21st century other than sheer laziness, lack of will, or lack of skill. Since we are talking about Wargaming, any two of those things are quite probable.

Members
3,585 posts
12,976 battles
3 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

IMHO there just are not enough options for chat. When I play PvP, I spend the first few minutes muting everyone on the enemy team. They need an option to do that on the "Team" screen. There needs to be an option to turn off all chat/messages from everyone except those people on your friends list and a way to mute all chat like they have in WoT.

The funny thing is I had all these options using AOL in the 1990s.... There is no good reason not to include these features in a game for the 21st century other than sheer laziness, lack of will, or lack of skill. Since we are talking about Wargaming, any two of those things are quite probable.

Look how well that worked out for AOL. lol jk

Members
1,427 posts
7,116 battles
6 hours ago, Kami said:

Hey Captains, 

That's just what this game needs is less communication in random. 

Members
3,585 posts
12,976 battles
2 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

Unfortunatley for WG, this is one of those no win situations.

Members
1,427 posts
7,116 battles
Just now, Octavian_of_Roma said:

True enough, sadly.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Banned
1,334 posts
1 hour ago, USMC2145 said:

Look at WOT, things got so toxic there they banned all cross chat between sides.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,012 posts
22,571 battles
1 hour ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

I am not sure how offering options for players is a "no win". For those who want to chat, let them chat. For those who don't, let them opt out... None of this is hard to comprehend. The goal should be to make the game enjoyable for all the players, whether they want to chat or not...

Members
1,427 posts
7,116 battles
1 hour ago, DESRON10 said:

Look at WOT, things got so toxic there they banned all cross chat between sides.

True enough, but did it help the game.... nope.

34 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I am not sure how offering options for players is a "no win". For those who want to chat, let them chat. For those who don't, let them opt out... None of this is hard to comprehend. The goal should be to make the game enjoyable for all the players, whether they want to chat or not...

I understand what you are saying, but in the long run it will hurt the game. All it will do is make baddies even worse and increase the anger of good players or even worse drive more good players away. As far as enjoyable for all. When you have team after team tiers 8-10 filled with players who do not have a clue what they are doing that is not fun at all. 

There has to be a better way to handle this. Like moderators who look at chat complaints and truly chat ban offenders while protecting those wrongly accused.  

Edited by USMC2145

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,012 posts
22,571 battles
33 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

I understand what you are saying, but in the long run it will hurt the game. All it will do is make baddies even worse and increase the anger of good players or even worse drive more good players away. As far as enjoyable for all. When you have team after team tiers 8-10 filled with players who do not have a clue what they are doing that is not fun at all. 

There has to be a better way to handle this. Like moderators who look at chat complaints and truly chat ban offenders while protecting those wrongly accused.  

So what you are saying is players don't know what is good for them or what they enjoy? Giving customers options is always a good idea. We know we lose players due to toxic chat. If we allow people options to mute, who is going to get upset about that? The raging nitwit when he realizes no one is paying attention?

Making it easier to mute players is hardly a bridge too far. We already can mute everyone, we just have to do it one player at a time. In all my time in the forums, have never seen anyone complain that they had been muted and were quitting....

• Cool 1