You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
The_Massacrerer

My next stage in play development... Map Positioning and Awareness

25 comments in this topic

[SPNRD]
Members
76 posts

The point of this post is to elicit some help with my map awareness and map positioning skills.

I'm sorry for the long post, but I feel I should give a little background first.

Essentially, the first year and a half(+) of my time with WoW was just spent passing time during a particularly difficult stretch in my life. Sadly, I was one of the potatoes that everybody hated, but I was really just looking for something to pass the time. Sometime after the beginning of this year, I decided I wanted to be better at the game and not just be a liability.

So, I started taking steps to improve my gameplay, like (and no, I'm not kidding):

•Using flags, camos, and premium consumables (I didn't want to waste them before)

•Learning how to aim "effectively"

•Learned about what angling was

•Firing more selectively (e.g. - not firing at every DD on the other side of the screen)

•Varying my speed and not always going full-speed everywhere

•Learning that different types of ships play differently

•Realized that just because I can't see somebody behind an island, doesn't mean I can't hit them

•Taking things a bit slower

Although I'm positive my stats have been "perma ruined" (I think that was a term I remember reading from someone), I do feel like I've gotten a bit better over the last several months, but I'm not really sure.

So all that being said, I feel my next step is map awareness and map positioning. Much of the time when the game starts, I'm not even sure where to go (unless I'm playing DD), and I often find myself in no-man's land wondering what the hell I should be doing. It's quite frustrating actually.

So I'm hoping to get some information about awareness and positioning that can help me, and possibly help some others who eventually will read this thread. Are there some basic tips and advice? Are there websites or videos out there I can look at? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just remember, I could be on your team in the future so your tips could help us turn the tides of the game! Lol

Also, I'm not looking to be stat shamed, but constructive critiques or advice would be appreciated as well. Perhaps some advice or adjustments based on what my stats say?

Thanks all!👍

• Cool 5

[INTEL]
Members
3,047 posts
16,705 battles

You're about where I was in battle numbers when I decided to do the same thing.  I'm at 10,000 battle and I've improved my W/R by about 5%.  So, there's hope and you are on the right track with what you're doing.  

You've alluded to it but pay attention to the mini-map MORE.  Force yourself to not just look at the mini-map but also refrain from being zoomed in on what you're focused on.  Look around.  Figure out what you're going to do next.

Another would be to not allow yourself to remain in engagements where you're certain to die if you keep doing what you are doing.  Look for a way out unless you're confident you have a good chance of not only surviving the contact but coming out of it with a significant positive outcome.  Some people boll it down to staying alive longer but I've come to see it as making better choices.  And you have to make those choices much earlier than  you do now.  Learn to recognize situations and the possible outcomes and then act accordingly.

Edited by ClassicLib
  • Cool 4

[XXX]
[XXX]
Members
79 posts
17,621 battles

Great post.  Map positioning and awareness are probably the most important aspects of competent gameplay.  A close second would be suspected enemy positions and abilities (for destroyer players; who has radar and where could they be?)  Have not seen any information that can shortcut the process of gaining situational awareness.  Positioning comes down to communication with teammates.  Most games have a few players at the start asking for a plan.  Can't count on it as most games are filled with random teammates and lack cohesion.  Recommend ranked gameplay as often as you can tolerate it.

ClassicLibs post above nails the important part.  I spend about 80% of the match just looking at the minimap to gauge where the "hot-spots" will pop up and try to get guns pointed the right way.

Edited by NuiNiuhi
  • Cool 1

Members
1,051 posts
4,673 battles
36 minutes ago, The_Massacrerer said:

-snip

Map positioning is probably the main thing that separates unicum players from the rest of the populace of this game.  It's very hard to grasp properly, and very hard to learn and implement.  

Saying that, the best recommendation I can give for you to learn is to ask yourself 3 simple questions before doing anything.  

• Do I have to move, or is the position I am in beneficial?
  • Will moving benefit my team?
  • Will I die if I move or do not move?

Of course it's far more complex than that to implement, but these are three things that I would recommend starting with.  Remember that sometimes the position you are in is truly the best position to be in.  

[BOTO]
Members
1,260 posts
15,346 battles
52 minutes ago, The_Massacrerer said:

The point of this post is to elicit some help with my map awareness and map positioning skills.

I'm sorry for the long post, but I feel I should give a little background first.

Essentially, the first year and a half(+) of my time with WoW was just spent passing time during a particularly difficult stretch in my life. Sadly, I was one of the potatoes that everybody hated, but I was really just looking for something to pass the time. Sometime after the beginning of this year, I decided I wanted to be better at the game and not just be a liability.

So, I started taking steps to improve my gameplay, like (and no, I'm not kidding):

•Using flags, camos, and premium consumables (I didn't want to waste them before)

•Firing more selectively (e.g. - not firing at every DD on the other side of the screen)

•Realized that just because I can't see somebody behind an island, doesn't mean I can't hit them

Although I'm positive my stats have been "perma ruined" (I think that was a term I remember reading from someone), I do feel like I've gotten a bit better over the last several months, but I'm not really sure.

So all that being said, I feel my next step is map awareness and map positioning. Much of the time when the game starts, I'm not even sure where to go (unless I'm playing DD), and I often find myself in no-man's land wondering what the hell I should be doing. It's quite frustrating actually.

So I'm hoping to get some information about awareness and positioning that can help me, and possibly help some others who eventually will read this thread. Are there some basic tips and advice? Are there websites or videos out there I can look at? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just remember, I could be on your team in the future so your tips could help us turn the tides of the game! Lol

Also, I'm not looking to be stat shamed, but constructive critiques or advice would be appreciated as well. Perhaps some advice or adjustments based on what my stats say?

Thanks all!👍

Keep track of your stats here:

https://na.wows-numbers.com/player/1021272373,The_Massacrerer/

The charts show all of your numbers are steadily improving so I think it's safe to say that you're getting better as a player.  When I decided to start playing again after taking a year off (because I was terrible) I tracked my numbers on a regular basis to see if I was improving or not.  It helps.

Most of what I learned was from watching Flamu's videos on YouTube. I found his to be the most helpful because he's pretty informative concerning game mechanics and positioning.

[HEROS]
Members
1,986 posts
17,594 battles

Many bennie's for learning this.. As a DD player you can learn where to toss torps (fire and forget!)  because due to map geometry ships will be passing through a specific area of the map.  If your running a shimma or one of the high tier US dd's with torps that range beyond 12 Km in game you can drop several spreads and be on the other side of the map when they run to them and get real cautious because there's a DD in front of them!  (there isn't but they don't know that! *snicker*) 

Understanding where ships can move, and how long it takes them to get to a "preferred" location and what kind of ships are most likely to make this kind of movement allows you to have much better control of the tactical situation in a match. Players do this, but once you start consciously doing it it does put you at a higher level of play so grats man..  Your on the right track.  it is a player skill and not a simple one to learn. 

oh and you will get accused of hacking by someone because of it!  I wish I could hand you some sort of primer on this subject but there really isn't one other then the Mark One Eye ball, and time spend studying maps.    How player move in the first 3 to 5 minutes of a match assuming all other thing being equal  (they're not so always be aware of THAT) determine a great deal about how a match will flow.    One of the reason I've learned to hate lemming trains is once the other team figures out your team is doing the lemming it allows them to punch in and immediately take control of 2/3rds to 3/4 of the map, and gets ones team in a cross fire.  That why I always stand fast in my own starting area any more.  Yes I might end up as road kill but I also may end up being the one ship that delays half or more of the other team and gives my team the time to sort them selves out and get with winning the match.

The vast majority of players never get this or even begin to figure it out.  SO yea, crucial skill.

*thumbs up!*

Warlord sends

• Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,721 posts
4,630 battles
1 hour ago, The_Massacrerer said:

Why would you be kidding?  After first deciding that you need/want to, this is exactly what needs to be done.  Congratualtions.

First comment before I think up something wise, don't rely too much on signals and consumables.  Premium consumable especially are often a waste of Credits.  Of course, that statement depends on the modes, tiers, and ships you play, so take it with a grain of salt for now.

Now let me go check your stats.

"Ruined"?  Those are pretty good.  You play mostly Random and I don't, meaning the maps are not quite the same for us.  I'll let someone else address the question.

Edited by iDuckman

[WOLF3]
Members
26,967 posts
23,767 battles
1 hour ago, The_Massacrerer said:

Thanks all!👍

I'd cut yourself some slack, OP.

1.  You're now averaging 50% WR and that to me is already above and beyond what is the norm in this game.

2.  Your profile charts in WoWS Stats & Numbers showed an upward trend.

Map Position comes with familiarity with enough games on each of the maps to include mode of play like Standard and Domination.  Not only that, but seeing trends in what people regularly do.  Where people like to sail, how often people flank given the situation and where they go to do it.  It's kind of like the Newb vs the Veteran FPS player.  The Newb isn't familiar with what people do on the maps, but the Veteran player does.  Veteran players that know what the routines people regularly do in the match, they act like they're a step ahead while everything is a surprise to the Newb.

In WoWS, not only do you have to recognize player patterns on a map, but recognize where the spots you should NOT be given a situation.  Certain maps, certain situations and where players like to move to, there are times and places you should not be at a certain area because you'll get massacred.  No amount of player aiming ability, consumables management, WASD HAX is going to save you from being at the wrong place getting cross fired, focus fired.

The next most important thing is "Play the Objectives."  Predominantly Caps, Score, and Time.  But do not forget ships remaining for the situation.  You have to play with all those in mind.  Even then, you have to know when it's time to give something up, or push hard for something, given the right situation.  For example, your team has the advantage in caps, score, time. The reds are making one last major push, and they are fighting WELL.  But you can give up the cap if it means you still got Time & Score on your side, despite the reds getting 2/3 of the caps in the endgame.  As long as you help ensure your team survives, Time & Score remaining means your team will still win despite that last surge by the reds (this is a very important one for DDs, knowing when it's time to Bail Out and ensure the win, just in case things start to go awry at the end).

On a similar note, one should play to secure the win.  Don't go running off to "get a few more hits, one last kill" if it means getting rekt and being one of the reasons the "losing enemy team" suddenly is mounting a comeback to win the game in the end.  I've seen too many people throw games because of that.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[SPNRD]
Members
76 posts
27 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Why would you be kidding?  After first deciding that you need/want to, this is exactly what needs to be done.  Congratualtions.

Premium consumable especially are often a waste of Credits.  Of course, that statement depends on the modes, tiers, and ships you play, so take it with a grain of salt.

"Ruined"?  Those are pretty good. 

Thanks!

Ha! I think what I was getting at was that I didn't do ANY of those things before I decided to focus on getting better.

Regarding the premium consumables, I don't go full premium for each ship... I just use premium for what I feel will enhance the strength/type of ship :-)

[SPNRD]
Members
76 posts
30 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I'd cut yourself some slack, OP.

1.  You're now averaging 50% WR and that to me is already above and beyond what is the norm in this game.

2.  Your profile charts in WoWS Stats & Numbers showed an upward trend.

Map Position comes with familiarity with enough games on each of the maps to include mode of play like Standard and Domination.  Not only that, but seeing trends in what people regularly do.  Where people like to sail, how often people flank given the situation and where they go to do it.  It's kind of like the Newb vs the Veteran FPS player.  The Newb isn't familiar with what people do on the maps, but the Veteran player does.  Veteran players that know what the routines people regularly do in the match, they act like they're a step ahead while everything is a surprise to the Newb.

In WoWS, not only do you have to recognize player patterns on a map, but recognize where the spots you should NOT be given a situation.  Certain maps, certain situations and where players like to move to, there are times and places you should not be at a certain area because you'll get massacred.  No amount of player aiming ability, consumables management, WASD HAX is going to save you from being at the wrong place getting cross fired, focus fired.

The next most important thing is "Play the Objectives."  Predominantly Caps, Score, and Time.  But do not forget ships remaining for the situation.  You have to play with all those in mind.  Even then, you have to know when it's time to give something up, or push hard for something, given the right situation.  For example, your team has the advantage in caps, score, time. The reds are making one last major push, and they are fighting WELL.  But you can give up the cap if it means you still got Time & Score on your side, despite the reds getting 2/3 of the caps in the endgame.  As long as you help ensure your team survives, Time & Score remaining means your team will still win despite that last surge by the reds (this is a very important one for DDs, knowing when it's time to Bail Out and ensure the win, just in case things start to go awry at the end).

On a similar note, one should play to secure the win.  Don't go running off to "get a few more hits, one last kill" if it means getting rekt and being one of the reasons the "losing enemy team" suddenly is mounting a comeback to win the game in the end.  I've seen too many people throw games because of that.

Yes! So many great points in your post... I had to quote the whole thing.

You touch base on so many specific areas that I am studying and struggling with:

Where to go in different situations

Where NOT to go in certain situations

How to engage the enemy depending on game flow

When NOT to engage the enemy

Etc...

I also realized after I posting this thread that my questions for help may have been a tall order. Clearly no one is going to be able to detail where to go on every map, for every ship, for every game mode. But I think with enough informational tidbits, I can have a slightly better idea of how to start each match, which would be light years from where I am right now.

[OIL-1]
Members
1,247 posts

My advice: Don't get too attached.
I spent a massive amount of hours studying tank replays, and developing strategies for 30+ maps,
then tracking each map, keeping the strategies that worked and changing the ones that didn't.
Made the game feel like a real military effort, removed confusion as to what I should do,
and improved all my stats.
Then, overnight, Wargaming nerfed all the maps. Dumbed them all down, to remove flanking opportunities, etc.
All that work, wasted.
But it wasn't just me. Countless people had produced massive amounts of work to make everyone a better player,
and improve the game. It was a great community.
Then Wargaming spit in everyone's face.
That was the beginning of the decline of the game, and it will never come back.
No other game will ever match it, because we all learned our lesson.
The moral of the story is, enjoy the game, have fun, but don't take it serious.

However, if it just fascinates you, and you insist on continuing, here's what I did.
Save tons of replays. Make a folder for each map. Sort the replays by map name.
Once you have 5-10 replays for a map, you can start watching them.
Watch the entire replay in map mode. You will start to notice that players tend to go to the same places every time.
Deciding where 'you' should go depends on what they are doing, not what you want to do.
There's a lot more depth to it, but that will get you started.

Another help is to evaluate the intelligence level of the team.
That will steer you into better decisions on if your strategy will work.
The easiest way to assign an intelligence level is to use an age group.
For the tank game, I used 7-8 year old boys. Worked great.
My thoughts on this game, without studying it, is 6-7 year old boys.

Good luck. Have fun. It was fun for me. (While it lasted.)

[0456]
Members
3,601 posts
9,506 battles

Most of what I'm going to add has already been mentioned- I haven't read it word for word but I got the gist of it so I'll try and speak in broad strokes. 

First: Like one of the others already applauded, your stats have continued an upward trend- this fact demonstrates your desires to constantly improve AND you actually are. People who like helping people are hungry for people like you to upload their experience into. I'm no different. 

Second: While in no way a master of all (any of) the maps, I have played enough to reinforce the fact that the first casualty of battle is the plan... This reiterates the importance of being dynamic in the employment of your HP to the objective of winning the game. What this REALLY means is you don't EVER want to look up from an engagement and find yourself alone on the minimap. You NEED to watch for the trending energy of nearby friendly (or enemy for that matter) ships. Are they pushing? Are they fighting over their shoulder in a tactical advance to the rear? Are they in transition from one mode to the other (offensive to defensive or versa vice?). Most of the time you're a slave to the masses... so stick with the numbers whether what they're doing is "your favourite way" or not. Wait until you're ahead to go more rogue and venture off when there are less enemy guns to make you regret it.  

Third: I've mentioned this in another thread- but take driving your ship like driving a car. Look out the windshield... within 8 seconds you want to shift your glance to your rearview. Back to windshield. 8 seconds passenger side mirror and back. 8 seconds driver side mirror and back... shoulder check to change lanes and back to the windshield- and repeat in random order at consistent but random intervals to get as much of the picture happening around you as possible. In the event you need to make a snap decision to avoid catastrophe you know where the openings are. 

Playing the game is no different in the importance of shifting your view... MANY of the top tier CCs will shift their view out from being zoomed in to take a quick look around between ALMOST every shot. Get into the habit of doing this- use the right mouse button while you're zoomed in to free view look around and keep your guns trained on target in their current orientation. You can literally keep shooting while you do this- the reticle will follow the target (to a point).   

Edited by _ENO_
  • Cool 2

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles
5 hours ago, The_Massacrerer said:

Thanks all!👍

First things first, as you get better you start to realize that the important part of WoWS is map control. This enables capping - but even more important than capping is map control. A team with good map control rarely loses, even in randoms.

That being said, let's dig into what that looks like a bit. As you play a lot of destroyers, I'm going to focus on those. With destroyers, you want to be aware of a few things at nearly all times:

• Enemy radar ships (and ranges of radar if possible)
  • Enemy dds 

You can pretty quickly figure out what ships are at what caps within the first few minutes. Until you know this or have better intuitive map awareness, be very wary pushing directly into caps. Remember how I said that map control is important? That means positioning yourself to either contest a cap or take it... eventually. Not necessarily in the first 2 minutes, especially if you are not sure where enemy ships are. Your goal as a destroyer initially is to scout (particularly as games without CVs, with them and your whole game changes) and position yourself well. Only once you have a better feel for where ships are is it safe to start capping. When you do this, always have an escape plan. Always. Period. No excuses. Getting stuck bow in or sitting broadside in a cap are complete noob decisions to make - even if you dive into a cap initially, 100% of the time do a 180 and position so you are stern towards the enemy. You also want to position parallel to where you expect torps to come from.

At this point you are already playing better than most destroyers, but it's important for a destroyer to recognize the impact you spotting has on map control. Many ships will not push into an area a destroyer is actively spotting, such as lighter cruisers or such and merely by being there you do a great job of denying map. You also can spot torpedoes which in some cases means your team can push more aggressively, because a destroyer is actually spotting both torps/ships. Equally important is recognizing when you have to use a smoke, you likely block line of sight for your team - this can be a major impact on letting ships get away.

Using torpedoes can be fairly effective map control (especially early game) because you can zone out areas of the map somewhat. Most ships turn when seeing torpedoes (or take them...) so by putting torps in a good spot you can make map control better. Likewise, as your team pushes (or falls back) positioning yourself to fire flanking torpedoes can be very beneficial. Be mindful of radar ranges and enemy destroyer positions (and health, if you can, I run a mod from WG's modstation which shows the HP of ships which is super useful for this purpose - if you know the only enemy destroyer is 2k hp and you are 15k, it's much easier to bully them).

If you don't have the minimap reasonably large, last known location indicators, and ship names enabled -- do all three of those. Last known indicators are a massive boost to map awareness.

Hope this helps.

• Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,721 posts
4,630 battles
5 hours ago, The_Massacrerer said:

I also realized after I posting this thread that my questions for help may have been a tall order. Clearly no one is going to be able to detail where to go on every map, for every ship, for every game mode. But I think with enough informational tidbits, I can have a slightly better idea of how to start each match, which would be light years from where I am right now.

You touched on why I didn't offer on-topic advice.  "Situational awareness" is mostly discipline: to develop it, first develop good habits, and that has been addressed above. 

Map analysis, on the other hand, has a good deal more of 'black art' mixed in.  You can statically analyze a map for safe spots and choke points, but true and fruitful analysis uses imagination on the dynamic map.   Note also that the map will read differently from each deployment perspective.  Learn them all.  Then at each battle:

• Step 1) Look at the map and note the features from your perspective; then do the same for the enemy.
  • Step 2) Imagine how the teams will move into the map features;  this should give you a useful prediction of contact timing.  If a ship should appear at a certain place and doesn't, watch for something unexpected.
  • Step 3) As the battle progresses, analyze the mini-map to see how the teams are conforming to your conceptions, how it will affect your plans, and what you should do in response.  Step 3 is an OODA loop.

Many players go on instinct (which can conceal actual experience). Players with real situational awareness at some point just abandon the OODA process and "go for it".  Better players don't.  And this is where learned discipline returns to our thesis.  Try to maintain the process as long as possible.  Don't get swept way in the moment.

Note:  Co-op players have a somewhat easier time projecting the red team's actions.  Random players have to factor in ingenious idiots.

I didn't factor in alcohol.  YMMV.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,721 posts
4,630 battles
1 hour ago, enderland07 said:

as you get better you start to realize that the important part of WoWS is map control.

While that is entirely true, I would categoize it under strategy.   To me, map and situational awareness is more about developing the ability to execute an operational or strategic plan.  I'm sure there's some synergy there, but as it's a skill I'm still developing my own self, I will digest your info.  Thanks!

[HEROS]
Members
1,986 posts
17,594 battles

to iDuckman.. 

Right.. as soon as we get a World of Warships naval collage yer gett'n assigned as an instructor...(Kinda hoping for something along the lines of Saganami Island from the Honorverse but prolly hoping for to much..) ..

You touched on two important points in your previous two posts..  It IS a discipline and I might add not easily learned.  Very difficult to do on ones own... and of course the moment you think you got it down Captain General Professor "Murphy" goes  "no no no!"   (I hate that guy!) And honestly even with formal classroom instruction this is not so much something you can be taught but you can learn.   

To the OP: 

I have a couple "pick and shovel work"  replays of DD play up on wowsreplay for the current version  ( I think) that might do a good decent job of illustrating getting it right... I hope I would recommend to the OP.  Same username as here so easy to look up.  but like my tags (down below) pretty much give the tell of the core of my play.   ANd they also show some of my worse habits but it's solid DD play.   Just bear in mind that I consider Jingles... Young...  I got a decade on him (63 this year) and I am by far not the oldest guy playing this game.

If my fossilized self can at least learn to play well and be a challenge  the rest of ya can manage..especially if your serious about doing well.  On occasion I join Whiskys Gaming Lounge for his weekly WoWS livestream..  We have fun, my self, Chicot, Elite One Shot and a few other of our hangers on.  And I absolutely promise you if you watch the live stream you'll see perfect examples of how to do everything right and still get it wrong!

Warlord sends

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,721 posts
4,630 battles
42 minutes ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

to iDuckman..

I blush!  Thank you kindly.  Some might think I read too much Proceedings, but I think maybe it has taught me something over the decades.

42 minutes ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

perfect examples of how to do everything right and still get it wrong!

Oh, Lordy, don't discourage the lad!  He still young and impressionable.   :Smile_trollface:

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles
8 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Many players go on instinct (which can conceal actual experience). Players with real situational awareness at some point just abandon the OODA process and "go for it".  Better players don't.  And this is where learned discipline returns to our thesis.  Try to maintain the process as long as possible.  Don't get swept way in the moment.

I guess it depends on whether the OP is interested in actually practicing to learn and become better or... just cross fingers and hope.

8 hours ago, iDuckman said:

While that is entirely true, I would categoize it under strategy.   To me, map and situational awareness is more about developing the ability to execute an operational or strategic plan.  I'm sure there's some synergy there, but as it's a skill I'm still developing my own self, I will digest your info.  Thanks!

You can play or tell people however and whatever you want.  I don't particularly care if folks disagree with me, the results I am achieving in game speak for themselves.

[F4E]
Members
146 posts
5,051 battles

To the OP, I feel that we are in the same boat (pun intended!).  Same W/R, trending up, learning this next step.

Here are my two (or four) cents.

1.  At the start of the map, if you know the map and have a great spot or two, go to it and do your thing.  If not, hang back and follow, support, etc.  IE I might have have a great spot for my DM on a certain map so I go there.  If not, I'm going to hang with a BB to give them AA until I read the enemy and then decide where I need to go.  Some boats excel at the start, others in the mid to late game.  Don't always worry about not doing too much right off the start.

2.  I can find it challenging to read the mini map in a fast firing DM or Wooster.  Less challenging in a BB.  Read the map, and if you decide to engage, do it for 20-30s and then make sure you look up and re-assess.  

3.  Reading the map means (imo) know where the red BB's are that can delete you (and be in a spot to avoid that).  Know where you are going to go if you get focused or need to escape.  Often times it can mean you stop shooting (but not if a ship is inside your conceal).  Other times you might use an island to break cover.  If you are in a BB perhaps you just need to hit reverse, stay bow on, and live for a very long time before you die.

4.  This is a very simplified point but, if you have the numbers (or weight of shells more accurately), push.  But you have to spread out and get different angles on the enemy ships so someone should be getting broadsides hopefully.  If you don't have the advantage, anticipate their push and look to flank/kite.

GL and may the wind be in your sails!

• Cool 1

[SPNRD]
Members
76 posts
12 hours ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

have a couple "pick and shovel work"  replays of DD play up on wowsreplay for the current version  ( I think) that might do a good decent job of illustrating getting it right... I hope I would recommend to the OP.  Same username as here so easy to look up.

On occasion I join Whiskys Gaming Lounge for his weekly WoWS livestream.

Not sure how the WoW Replay sysrem works or how to access it, but I will certainly look into it!

The WGL live stream sound fun as well... I will give that a shot 👍

[HEROS]
Members
1,986 posts
17,594 battles

just download the replay file and "open with"  the world of warships executable.  Very much simplicity its self.  

8 minutes ago, The_Massacrerer said:

Not sure how the WoW Replay sysrem works or how to access it, but I will certainly look into it!

The WGL live stream sound fun as well... I will give that a shot 👍

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
40 minutes ago, The_Massacrerer said:

I like that! That's pretty cool 👍 Did you make that, or is it from a website?

EU clan forum.

Edited by KiyoSenkan