You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
winnoc

weekly changes to " NAVAL BATTLES "

7 comments in this topic

[KW]
[KW]
Members
5 posts
4,420 battles

This in my complaint about Naval battles. WOWS, settle on a set of parameters and stick to it. don't keep changing it every week or every couple of weeks.

example: one week it is base experience. then after a couple of weeks it goes to earing ribbons. then back to base exp. the after a couple of more weeks it changes to earing damage. the changes to base exp again. yes there are only a certain number of ways to set the rules to get the stars. but pick one and stay with it.

Personaly the only real fair version of earing stars . I have seem is the one that uses damage. it is fair to destroy cruisers battleships and carriers.

SO , PLEASE A VERSION OF THE RULES FOR EARING STARS AND STICK TO IT. DONT KEEP CHANGING THE WAY WE HAVE TO EARN STARS TO WIN IN NAVAL BATTLES.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,805 posts
25,886 battles

Unless they're going to stick with damage done as the star scoring metric for Naval Battles, I'm actually glad that they change things up.  Ribbons earned is a bearable alternative, but not really all that good if the scale is the same across all "boxes" (i.e. US BBs or French CAs or IJN DDs).  (It can be easy to earn a lot of ribbons in ships with high rates of fire, but very difficult in torp boats or non-secondary build BBs.)  But using base XP as a metric just plain stinks!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,430 posts
14,165 battles
5 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Unless they're going to stick with damage done as the star scoring metric for Naval Battles, I'm actually glad that they change things up.  Ribbons earned is a bearable alternative, but not really all that good if the scale is the same across all "boxes" (i.e. US BBs or French CAs or IJN DDs).  (It can be easy to earn a lot of ribbons in ships with high rates of fire, but very difficult in torp boats or non-secondary build BBs.)  But using base XP as a metric just plain stinks!

Base Experience sucks and almost completely locks out the rather large co-op player base and is only liked by the elitists.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,805 posts
25,886 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Base Experience sucks and almost completely locks out the rather large co-op player base and is only liked by the elitists.

Base XP also largely forces you to get wins, except for that first level of 300 BXP.  It puts your fate in the hands of your teams, which seem to make it a 50/50 proposition whether you'll have a team that's good enough to get you a win, before you even determine whether you'll do enough to earn enough BXP.   And of course, it's nearly impossible to do anything more than earn the 300 BXP level stars in coop.

In short, BXP absolutely sucks for Naval Battles.

[PVE]
Members
6,169 posts
22,432 battles
3 hours ago, winnoc said:

This in my complaint about Naval battles. WOWS, settle on a set of parameters and stick to it. don't keep changing it every week or every couple of weeks.

example: one week it is base experience. then after a couple of weeks it goes to earing ribbons. then back to base exp. the after a couple of more weeks it changes to earing damage. the changes to base exp again. yes there are only a certain number of ways to set the rules to get the stars. but pick one and stay with it.

Personaly the only real fair version of earing stars . I have seem is the one that uses damage. it is fair to destroy cruisers battleships and carriers.

SO , PLEASE A VERSION OF THE RULES FOR EARING STARS AND STICK TO IT. DONT KEEP CHANGING THE WAY WE HAVE TO EARN STARS TO WIN IN NAVAL BATTLES.

They have had the same standard since the beginning...it's in the rules that you can read in the naval battles tab & it is (& always has been) BXP.

The reason for all the other options is they are trying a bunch of different options (1 at a time every few sessions) to determine if they will eventually change the standard BXP to a different standard in the future...which was explained in the article right before they tested the 1st variable (which was damage) many months ago...but unfortunately hasn't been clarified since then as they try out all the other variables.

How many different options they intend to try out was also not clarified so only they know how long this will continue.

2 hours ago, Crucis said:

But using base XP as a metric just plain stinks!

2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

BXP wouldn't be so bad (as I have been stating since the start) even for co-op if they would just throw in a 500 level instead of the stupid jump from 300-900 (or the alternate 800 they had the 1 time...I haven't been able to play the last month & half so don't know if they've had any other variables to the 300-900 jump).

A 500 BXP level would leave another 20 (or so...forget the exact number of categories) stars that co-op players would be able to farm while both leaving it fairly easy for the more experienced players but not so far out of reach for the newer players that they don't even bother trying for them.

Simple easy solution...doubt it will even be considered though as the elitists will complain that it's a waste of their attempts to have another lower level to have to wade through before bring able to flaunt their elitism.

As this was originally promoted as a way for non competitive clans to earn oil  (thus suggesting a specific appeal to co-op) ideally they should actually not only have a 500 BXP level but also a 700 BXP level...but I'm surely not going to hold my breath on that 1...purple is just not my color.

[O_S_D]
Members
174 posts
15,174 battles

I like the fact that they change things every so often.  My clan has a lot of coop players so farming ribbons or damage lets them play all weekend long.  When it is base XP they are done by Friday night.  Adding a 450 or 500 base XP goal would keep them in the competition longer and give them more to do.