Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
PotatoMD

QoL changes I'd like to see

20 comments in this topic

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
728 posts
4,671 battles

Feel free to list your own but these are some of mine:

A lot of these are mods that I feel have a good chance of getting in considering mods in the past have become official features in the game

• A better carousel filter system so you can list ships in the specific order you want (For example, sort by nation --> ship type --> tier).
  • A system that can set a specific commander to a ship so they can be easily recalled to said ship if they are captaining another (Example below).shot-19_08.12_09_35.49-0115.jpg.acbf4e9b2055dd0955987cf93d95fe00.jpg
  • Being able to convert any premium camo to the standard premium camo the ship has (This may mean that lower tier ships need premium camos).
  • Hiding the clan discount for ships in the tech tree. I know it's there, and it just looks messy.
  • Being able to quickly dismount flags/modules.
  • Being able to test ships in the armory/tech tree before buying them in a special training round.
  • Cool 1

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,611 posts
14,660 battles

Just make the UI not slow as balls kthxbai

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,800 posts
25,884 battles
45 minutes ago, pikohan said:

Piko, the problem is that certain aspects within the UI are internal to the client and others are actually web pages that the client has to download when you want it.  Not really sure how you think that they're going to be able to make web pages load any faster.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,611 posts
14,660 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

Piko, the problem is that certain aspects within the UI are internal to the client and others are actually web pages that the client has to download when you want it.  Not really sure how you think that they're going to be able to make web pages load any faster.

Ah no, I'm not talking about those; I'm talking about things like removing flags or flipping through captains.

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
6 minutes ago, pikohan said:

Ah no, I'm not talking about those; I'm talking about things like removing flags or flipping through captains.

Seems like a "remove all" function would be obvious for the UI.

Not in WOWS, apparently.

[ANKER]
[ANKER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
574 posts
12,883 battles

The ability to see how many players are watching you while your in game. What I mean is adding a counter to see how many people are viewing your game play can add tension to a tense situation. When you are the last ship alive and it is up to you to win the game it would create a greater sense of glory for the team to know how many players stuck around to see it to the finish. Plus the added tension of knowing how many players are watching your possible final moments will add to the end game tension. 

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,302 posts
25,186 battles
47 minutes ago, Condor_Legion said:

The ability to see how many players are watching you while your in game. What I mean is adding a counter to see how many people are viewing your game play can add tension to a tense situation. When you are the last ship alive and it is up to you to win the game it would create a greater sense of glory for the team to know how many players stuck around to see it to the finish. Plus the added tension of knowing how many players are watching your possible final moments will add to the end game tension. 

Some indicator on the team list showing if a player has left or not would seem an obvious answer to this.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
6,154 posts
22,432 battles
38 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Some indicator on the team list showing if a player has left or not would seem an obvious answer to this.

Not really as that doesn't specifically let you know if anybody is following your gameplay...but that would be a good addition in conjunction as it could give you a better idea of who might be following you.

[WAG]
Members
859 posts
13,160 battles
3 hours ago, PotatoMD said:

Being able to test ships in the armory/tech tree before buying them in a special training round.

You can essentially test every tech tree ship most PTS sessions. You usually start at T8, and it only takes one or two random games with max flags and camo to earn enough to research the T10.

I have tried out most of the T10 ships before I did the T9 grind to determine if it was worth it, based on my play style.

[ANKER]
[ANKER]
574 posts
12,883 battles
23 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Not really as that doesn't specifically let you know if anybody is following your gameplay...but that would be a good addition in conjunction as it could give you a better idea of who might be following you.

I just want a counter to show how many people are watching me play. Similar to how Clash Royle shows with the eye icon how many people are watching the game.

[RLGN]
Members
14,302 posts
25,186 battles
49 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Ah, better understand what you mean now.

That might be more difficult, unless who is watching you on freecam can be detected/tracked?

[PVE]
Members
6,154 posts
22,432 battles
31 minutes ago, Condor_Legion said:

I just want a counter to show how many people are watching me play. Similar to how Clash Royle shows with the eye icon how many people are watching the game.

I got that...I was just explaining the difference between what you were requesting as opposed to Estimated_Prophet's interpretation of what you were requesting & then elaborating on how w/both of your suggestions combined how it would not only let you know how many were watching you but also give you an idea of which ones.

In your example of being the last ship it becomes pretty obvious which ones are following you (pretty much everybody that isn't still viewing the game from where their ship was sunk) but I was thinking along the lines of when you are not the last ship also.

[PVE]
Members
6,154 posts
22,432 battles
16 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Ah, better understand what you mean now.

That might be more difficult, unless who is watching you on freecam can be detected/tracked?

No...if it was implemented I would guess that it would pretty much only be able to tell you who is actually locked on your ship...but they could be in freecam while locked on your ship & not necessarily even be tracking your progress now that you mention it.

Members
1,660 posts

I can help you with this.  No one is watching you play, they're watching the end of the battle not you specifically.  Unless you're in a division, you have no way of knowing who is going to be in your battle, ergo, no one is watching or following you specifically.  Those that don't go back to port or switch screens to something else while the battle ends are watching how the battle ends in general, not you specfically.

[ANKER]
[ANKER]
574 posts
12,883 battles

Then a counter showing how many people are still watching the battle on both teams. Simple.

Members
1,660 posts

I'd like to see them bring back the gun bloom detection increase dropping as soon as LOS is broken with all red ships instead of the 20 seconds or whatever it is now.  That was nice.

• Cool 1

[DTB]
Members
264 posts

Improved carousel is a must. The mod that I have just adds another level of filtering. So I leave the standard filter on Win Bonus and then the mod allows me to add either Nation or Tier filtering after that. Makes it a lot easier to navigate through all my ships and I've only got thirty.

I've got a mod that allows me to change the consumables without having to go into the irritating Modules tab. Same mod allows me to see the camo mounted and the signals but doesn't allow me to change them which would be a huge plus.

Having the health of the ships shown across the top of the page would be good as well.

[DNTZ]
Members
416 posts
20,850 battles

I would love to see:

1)  The number of points my commander without having to click on each ship.  Maybe on the upper right side of the little box showing your ships in port.  If they can show snowflakes, daily win bonus, etc - then they could show this.  Maybe also allow you to sort by high to low commander points like you can sort ships by nation,  tier, etc.  Right now if I wanted to I couldn't easily identify all my ships with a 13 commander on it (for example).

2) Have it where you can click and set all the same minimap circles for all your ships after changing them on one.  As opposed to having to change them one by one once in battle.

Members
5,262 posts
9,958 battles
On 8/12/2019 at 1:19 PM, pikohan said:

Here is a main problem with the above - it isn't slow.

Sign in to follow this