Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

To All the CV Haters Out There...

98 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
1,872 posts

 

I'm game. I just unlocked the Audacious last night. I'm looking forward to encountering some of the haters from these forums in game for a friendly torpedo beatz competition come 0.8.7 ... :)

Let's see if they can dance!

tenor.gif

Edited by ElectroVeeDub
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,818
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,592 posts
5 minutes ago, Noone_You_Know said:

No, not really.

Good luck in shooting down non-existent planes then.

I really don't see what all the fuss is about CVs. I'm almost never sunk by a CV, no matter what ship I play. The last time I can recall being sunk by a CV was by a Lexington on my Gearing but that was only after a CL had pounded me into oblivion. I think I got four ship kills before I was sunk too. In all of my cruisers and battleships I love to see planes come by as they rarely get a hit on me. My Des Moines, Minotaur, Worcester, Montana, and Massachusetts are plane killers. Heck, even my Gearing can take out 15 planes per match if it's attacked.

In a game just now, which we eventually won., though it was close, a Kidd wiped out half of my planes. That DD is an AA monster.

  • Cool 5
  • Boring 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,168
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,883 posts
11,568 battles

you do know theres like, 10 other missions players can do to get the 7 needed to complete that directive right?

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,818
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,592 posts

I see the CV haters are really giving the "snoozes." You realize, don't you that you have to visit my thread to give a snooze? It's like someone saying that they hate movies by a certain director but still go watch all of them so they can tell people how much they hated them.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,895
[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,611 posts
14,597 battles

Good thing CVs are back in coop now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,192
[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
53 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Now you need us, don't you.

image.png.bb248cd10052876de91fe5065d0ed6f2.png

Happy to oblige! See you at tier X in my Midway.

Honestly, we never needed CVs, and for that matter neither did the game.

  • Cool 17
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
985
[INTEL]
Members
3,047 posts
16,695 battles

I'll be forgoing the "experience."  The Base XP grinds are more appealing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,940
[TBW]
Members
10,277 posts
17,433 battles
10 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I see the CV haters are really giving the "snoozes." You realize, don't you that you have to visit my thread to give a snooze? It's like someone saying that they hate movies by a certain director but still go watch all of them so they can tell people how much they hated them.

Writing a thread is like trying to look at the future, you don't know what's going to happen until you post it, and then it's too late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,192
[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
14 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Good luck in shooting down non-existent planes then.

We can shoot down not a single plane and still finish the directive and get our boat.

I'm OK with that.

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,818
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,592 posts
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Writing a thread is like trying to look at the future, you don't know what's going to happen until you post it, and then it's too late.

I just love messing with the Anti-CV crowd. That some people have so much hatred for a game piece in a virtual game amuses me.

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
838
[-CK-]
Members
854 posts
16,470 battles

Guys. I believe the main reason for CV hate stems from the fact that warship lovers Love BB's. I grew up dreaming of what it would have been like serving on a Battleship. I also like Cruisers and DD's to a point. But reading about the Battles of Jutland, Dogger Bank Denmarck Straits etc, Battleships is what I always prefered. I found this game and was stoked to play it and Wham! I see CV's in game in low tiers which didn't happen in WW1 Some tier 3 Cruisers Don't have any AA at all so it's very frustrating that WG put's CV's in with ships From Pre WW1 and Up when they were not safely operational until the late 20's. Then came the CV buff. It made DD play almost impossible and the CV's loved it. Now the Nerf. It seems more balanced to me but thats just my opinion. Anyway I play this game to have surface battles, Not deal with aircraft. I know they are part of the game so i accept it. But the Majority would rather play without them for the same reason as me. Having one CV per game I can deal with, win or lose. But 2/ No thanks. Anyway just my humble opinion.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
606
Members
768 posts
18,340 battles
1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

I just love messing with the Anti-CV crowd. That some people have so much hatred for a game piece in a virtual game amuses me.

Having seen the intensity with which you get into CV debates on a whole host of threads, something tells me you're not doing it out of amusement, but out of compulsion as a reaction to perceived attacks.

Just saying.

  • Cool 7
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
985
[INTEL]
Members
3,047 posts
16,695 battles
5 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I just love messing with the Anti-CV crowd. That some people have so much hatred for a game piece in a virtual game amuses me.

I'm on to stage 5 of the Kubler-Ross model.  Acceptance.  Well past stage 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,357
[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles
29 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Good luck in shooting down non-existent planes then.

I really don't see what all the fuss is about CVs. I'm almost never sunk by a CV, no matter what ship I play. The last time I can recall being sunk by a CV was by a Lexington on my Gearing but that was only after a CL had pounded me into oblivion. I think I got four ship kills before I was sunk too. In all of my cruisers and battleships I love to see planes come by as they rarely get a hit on me. My Des Moines, Minotaur, Worcester, Montana, and Massachusetts are plane killers. Heck, even my Gearing can take out 15 planes per match if it's attacked.

In a game just now, which we eventually won., though it was close, a Kidd wiped out half of my planes. That DD is an AA monster.

"I don't understand... therefore you are wrong"

Not really a good way to win friends and influence people.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,472
[CAST]
Members
4,969 posts
3,513 battles

I really don't know why people complain about CVs now. They're the weakest ship type in game currently. Shooting down carrier planes is a breeze, and even their oft lauded spotting got MASSIVELY nerfed compared to their RTS counterparts.

Honestly, I like having them in game, even when I'm playing DDs. Keeps me on my toes and forces people to move rather than just camp somewhere and sit there all match. Hell, I feel pretty OP when playing DDs when there's no carriers to keep me in check.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
460
[SFBBW]
Beta Testers
1,213 posts
9,850 battles

Nah, never had a problem with carriers in the game for the first 3 1/2 years, and had respect for the players that could excel playing the RTS version of them (especially after giving them a try myself and deciding it was too much like a second job).

What I hate is the godawful mess WG has made of this rework, and after 8 months they STILL haven't figured it out.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,739 posts
10,757 battles
36 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

The last time I can recall being sunk by a CV was by a Lexington on my Gearing but that was only after a CL had pounded me into oblivion. I think I got four ship kills before I was sunk too. In all of my cruisers and battleships I love to see planes come by as they rarely get a hit on me. My Des Moines, Minotaur, Worcester, Montana, and Massachusetts are plane killers. Heck, even my Gearing can take out 15 planes per match if it's attacked.

Damn. You must good. Real good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
207
[STW-M]
Beta Testers
536 posts
8,906 battles

the problem with this game is the whole vision system that in the game. CVs were ment to be more of a hard counter to dds because they are the only class that can reliaby find dds and keep them lit up. Without cvs dds run ramped around and can do a lot of damage and thats because of the way the vision is king in this game. If you cant see your target you cant shoot it, and here is were dds are king specially when theres no cv present. You have to rely on cruisers with the radar consumble that only lasts a short duration. So thats is why DD main  whine so hard until there faces where blue to get them nerfed. Now that cvs are non exsistance now you have people complaining about dds being overpowered  and the dd main screaming that radar needs to be nerfed. Anything that can make you find dds will always be deemed overpowered and thats again comes back down to the root cause of all the dysfuntion between classes and thats the vision system. If they changed that to something better i think all ship types could play more on an even playing field and you wouldnt have all the at peoples throat post as you do now.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,136
[RG]
Members
2,894 posts
6,990 battles
12 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

Guys. I believe the main reason for CV hate stems from the fact that warship lovers Love BB's. 

As a DD main, I resent losing half my health to a rocket pass I can’t avoid as I maneuver to avoid and then present myself to cruisers who take advantage of the long-enough removal of my stealth to delete me before I can get far enough forward for radar to be a problem. 

CVs in the current meta pick on DDs as they are frequently apart from others and are least likely to delete their entire squadrons without getting a shot off. Aircraft are nothing more than a nuisance to BBS. 

  • Confused 1
  • Boring 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
207
[STW-M]
Beta Testers
536 posts
8,906 battles
1 minute ago, Thornir said:

As a DD main, I resent losing half my health to a rocket pass I can’t avoid as I maneuver to avoid and then present myself to cruisers who take advantage of the long-enough removal of my stealth to delete me before I can get far enough forward for radar to be a problem. 

CVs in the current meta pick on DDs as they are frequently apart from others and are least likely to delete their entire squadrons without getting a shot off. Aircraft are nothing more than a nuisance to BBS. 

and i can say i never had an issue with rocket planes or any other for a matter in my dds cause i can see what direction they are coming from and move out of the way. When you need the planes to litterly be on top of you for a cv to see you and you have 10k distance to see the planes. Well thats on you not the dd or the cvs fault you dicided to keep your aa on and keep going in the direction the planes are coming 

  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,136
[RG]
Members
2,894 posts
6,990 battles
2 minutes ago, usspaul3 said:

the problem with this game is the whole vision system that in the game. CVs were ment to be more of a hard counter to dds because they are the only class that can reliaby find dds and keep them lit up. Without cvs dds run ramped around and can do a lot of damage and thats because of the way the vision is king in this game. If you cant see your target you cant shoot it, and here is were dds are king specially when theres no cv present. You have to rely on cruisers with the radar consumble that only lasts a short duration. So thats is why DD main  whine so hard until there faces where blue to get them nerfed. Now that cvs are non exsistance now you have people complaining about dds being overpowered  and the dd main screaming that radar needs to be nerfed. Anything that can make you find dds will always be deemed overpowered and thats again comes back down to the root cause of all the dysfuntion between classes and thats the vision system. If they changed that to something better i think all ship types could play more on an even playing field and you wouldnt have all the at peoples throat post as you do now.

DDs: lowest damage, frags and XP as a class BEFORE the rework, and worse now.  They have had and still do have more hard counters than any other ship type in the game. 

Radar should not go through rock. It should be LoS only. 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×