shadowsrmine

Time To Who Award Those Who Condescend and Or Put Down Others

38 comments in this topic

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,414 battles

Why not the Fickle Finger Of Fate or a Dunce Hat?

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,071 posts
10 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

The Golden Turkey Award You Know You Are So Does Everyone Else  giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Why not the Fickle Finger Of Fate or a Dunce Hat?

Golden Turkey Works:cap_cool:As does the figure in the upper right corner showing the Oh So Deserving Disdain

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Boring 1

[TBW]
Members
10,278 posts
17,456 battles
13 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

This resembles a condescending cut-down.

• Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,071 posts
19 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

This resembles a condescending cut-down.

Everyone has their opinion:Smile_facepalm:Notice I didn't name Names?  That's because I didn't want to put anyone down,Those who fit the description know they are so does everyone else, Why did you feel like someone was looking at you?

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[TBW]
Members
10,278 posts
17,456 battles
1 minute ago, shadowsrmine said:

Why did you feel singled out?

Never did, just pointing out the Irony. You don't have to name names to cut down a person(s) or or to be condescending even in a generalization or a meme. Did you know? that Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey to be the United States bird rather than the eagle.

• Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
68 posts
5,792 battles
32 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Never did, just pointing out the Irony. You don't have to name names to cut down a person(s) or or to be condescending even in a generalization or a meme. Did you know? that Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey to be the United States bird rather than the eagle.

Sounds like a Long Time Master on the Subject Talking

[TBW]
Members
10,278 posts
17,456 battles
1 minute ago, baccerman said:

Sounds like a Long Time Master on the Subject Talking

Yes, it's true, I have the Irony detection skill, had it even as a kid.

• Boring 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
68 posts
5,792 battles
6 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Nope.   Condescension and put downs

Members
310 posts
6,842 battles
1 hour ago, shadowsrmine said:

This makes no sense.... what is the criteria ? What is the point of this award ??

• Boring 2

[TBW]
Members
10,278 posts
17,456 battles
11 minutes ago, baccerman said:

Nope.   Condescension and put downs

Ironic isn't it?

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,071 posts
25 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

My clanmate's  right I do see a lot of Condescension and hidden put downs in your post's and sometimes Not So Hidden

12 minutes ago, Ben_CA68 said:

This makes no sense.... what is the criteria ? What is the point of this award ??

Self explanatory people who delight in condescending and putting people down seen a lot of that in these forums over the last two years frequently  directed my way but just as often pointed at others that didn't like this or that poster and wanted put him or her in the spotlight of ridicule. I've said enuff on the subject,  As I said before those who Do Indulge in this know who they are so does everyone else

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Boring 1

Members
310 posts
6,842 battles
1 minute ago, shadowsrmine said:

My clanmate's  right I do see a lot of Condescension and hidden put downs in your post's and sometimes Not So Hidden

Self explanatory people who delight in condescending and putting people down seen a lot of that in these forums over the last two years frequently  directed my way but just as often pointed at others that didn't like this or that poster and wanted put him or her in the spotlight of ridicule

Well those that say, if there isn't a replay it didn't happen.... should be granted your award or with the Grand Cordon of the Jive Turkey degree as well

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
68 posts
5,792 battles
10 minutes ago, Ben_CA68 said:

Well those that say, if there isn't a replay it didn't happen.... should be granted your award or with the Grand Cordon of the Jive Turkey degree as well

Looks like your contending for a spot there for both awards 

[-K_P-]
Members
409 posts
3,437 battles

How about we see if we can get Claus Kellerman to do a version of his acclaimed T.B.A. WoT show for WoWs?:Smile_child:

Members
310 posts
6,842 battles

Well no. It's not appropriate (and rude) to invalidate someones post, comment or concern by saying If there is not a replay it didn't happen. I don't say those insulting words, but others do. It may very well have happened (and their is not a replay) and that is the reality of the situation.

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,414 battles

@Ben_CA68 there is nothing condescending nor a put down in provide a replay or it didn't happen. Anyone can present pure fantasy or falsehoods on the forum just as easily as fact. A supporting replay is the only way to determine the truth and/or assist the poster.

• Funny 1

[TBW]
Members
10,278 posts
17,456 battles
51 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

I do not make threads that are condescending or put down anyone in my threads. I will point out things to people in their threads or comment on someones post within a thread that may be misconstrued as condescending but is actually to make the person think about themselves. I was merely pointing out to you the irony, that your thread was doing exactly what you were opposing. How you take that is up to you. You can take it as a put down directed a you (which was not my intention) or you can own it, have a laugh at yourself and maybe learn from it. I am sure that there are other ways you can take what I originally said. My statement stands on it's own. How you react to it is in your court. Ask yourself what is positive about your post? It's admirable for your team to defend you, but did they just defend you because you are a clan member or because you were right. you can easily take offense to what I am saying or you can take it as a way to improve your self awareness. Some of my past retorts are quite scathing, I am not trying to be mean or troll, though. I mean really, you just called an anonymous group of people turkeys.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
310 posts
6,842 battles
7 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Ben_CA68 there is nothing condescending nor a put down in provide a replay or it didn't happen. Anyone can present pure fantasy or falsehoods on the forum just as easily as fact. A supporting replay is the only way to determine the truth and/or assist the poster.

It is completely condescending, rude and insulting to say such a thing. Instead of investigating, considering or looking into a person's claims you seek to dismiss them and that is abhorrent behavior. Reasonable people don't say such things. A replay is not the only way to determine validity of a potential issue. Although, if an individual (s) are not interested at all anyway, saying it did not happen with out a replay is a great way to publicly dismiss and invalidate.

Edited by Ben_CA68
  • Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
9,553 posts
8,489 battles
6 minutes ago, Ben_CA68 said:

A replay is not the only way to determine validity of a potential issue.

What other ways are there?

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,414 battles

@Ben_CA68 without a replay no one can investigate, consider nor look into anything anyone presents concerning actions/events in a battle.  

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,071 posts
12 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I do not make threads that are condescending or put down anyone in my threads. I will point out things to people in their threads or comment on someones post within a thread that may be misconstrued as condescending but is actually to make the person think about themselves. I was merely pointing out to you the irony, that your thread was doing exactly what you were opposing. How you take that is up to you. You can take it s a put down directed a you (which was not my intention) or you can own it have a laugh at yourself and maybe learn from it. I am sure that there are other ways you can take what I originally said. My statement stands on it's own. How you react to it is in your court. Ask yourself what is positive about your post? It's admirable for your team to defend you, but did they just defend you because you are a clan member or because you were right. you can easily take offense to what I am saying or you can take it as a way to improve your self awareness. Some of my past retorts are quite scathing, I am not trying to be mean or troll, though. I mean really, you just called an anonymous group of people turkeys.

Your just quibbling and attempting to advoid and throw everyone off the topic

5 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

What other ways are there?

10 minutes ago, Ben_CA68 said:

It is completely condescending, rude and insulting to say such a thing. Instead of investigating, considering or looking into a person's claims you seek to dismiss them and that is abhorrent behavior. Reasonable people don't say such things. A replay is not the only way to determine validity of a potential issue. Although, if an individual (s) are not interested at all anyway, saying it did not happen with out a replay is a great way to publicly dismiss and invalidate.

This is also against Forum Guidlines:Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
9,553 posts
8,489 battles
Just now, shadowsrmine said:

Your just quibbling and attempting to advoid and throw everyone off the topic

This is also against Forum Guidlines:Smile_facepalm:

Asking for a replay is against the forum guidelines?

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
68 posts
5,792 battles
11 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Naming and Shaming?

• Cool 2

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,071 posts
13 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

1 minute ago, baccerman said:

Naming and Shaming?

Duh:Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 2