Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ElectroVeeDub

Unique/Legendary CV commanders?

3 comments in this topic

Members
1,872 posts

Sooo... I have Yamamoto Isoroku sitting in my captains reserve collecting dust. I was thinking of saving him to put in the IJN DD gunboat line (Haragumo) as many others have done as well. I just haven't bothered to grind past T8 in that particular line, and I became sidetracked with the new RN CV line instead. I just unlocked the Audacious last night.

I have a Kaga as a trainer and a Shokaku with just a 14pt captain in it. I was looking at unique/legendary commanders and there really isn't much to choose from for the IJN lines The only one that has any added benefit applicable to a CV is Yamamoto Isoroku that I can see. He gets 0.4% HP restored for 120 seconds and a 16% increase in aircraft restoration time... (yay). Obviously this is activated by getting a Kraken, which is pretty difficult with a CV at T8 in 0.8.6 ... so... sounds like a waste of a 15pt captain. I dunno... 0.8.7 is coming.

What do you guys think? Grind up Yamamoto in a Hakuryu someday?

There really isn't much concerning unique/legendary commanders for any of the nations that would be viable in a CV it seems.

Any ideas? Should I just keep the "Plain Jane" 14pt captain I currently have in the Shokaku?

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,459 battles

Put the captain in a CV pay the retraining fee if required give him CV appropriate skills and work on getting him to 19 points. I would have been doing that as soon as I got him.

Members
1,872 posts
5 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Put the captain in a CV pay the retraining fee if required give him CV appropriate skills and work on getting him to 19 points. I would have been doing that as soon as I got him.

I'm aware of that... Yamamoto was being saved for the Haragumo line initially speaking.

I'm just not sure if the benefits he brings are even worth it. A Kraken is quite difficult to get in a CV these days. Its far easier in a DD in my opinion.

Sign in to follow this