You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Best Ships for Ranked Season 13

100 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,671 posts
6,355 battles

Hey all...  I walked through each of the nations and kind of gave my thoughts on what the best ships are, also throwing in what I've seen out there.  Honestly, I think its a good season for DDs.  Kitikaze especially, with some Benhams mixed in.  Missouri will be strong on account of its radar, as will Alaska and Donskoi. Those will be better choices than Buffalo and Seattle.  I also think this is a good season for DDs in that with the 6v6, radar will be pretty limited.

So with that... what is everyone playing and why?  I've been running Benham so far.  Torp soup.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3

[BOTO]
Members
1,262 posts
15,472 battles
1 minute ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Hey all...  I walked through each of the nations and kind of gave my thoughts on what the best ships are, also throwing in what I've seen out there.  Honestly, I think its a good season for DDs.  Kitikaze especially, with some Benhams mixed in.  Missouri will be strong on account of its radar, as will Alaska and Donskoi. Those will be better choices than Buffalo and Seattle.  I also think this is a good season for DDs in that with the 6v6, radar will be pretty limited.

So with that... what is everyone playing and why?  I've been running Benham so far.  Torp soup.

Haven't watched the video yet but to say that radar will be limited.......not in my experience so far.  Lots of Alaska, Donskoi, Black, Buffalo, Missouri,  occasional Seattle.....granted I haven't played many games in ranked yet but I'm seeing plenty of radar.

Members
6,860 posts
15,357 battles

Hmmmm, getting opinions on what is good for ranked from someone who has never ranked out...

Thats gonna be a yikes from me, dawg. 

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 9
  • Boring 1

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles

Puking out 16 torpedoes every 65 seconds is enjoyable, if I say so myself.  :cap_haloween:

Works better in Randoms than in Ranked, though.  Being there is more stuff to hit.

Edited by Kuckoo

Members
174 posts
566 battles

Mogador all the way. Outguns all DDs with the MBRB and can easily get to caps before any other ship. Plus you can grind xp so you can get Kleber as soon as 0.8.8 is released. Mogador even outguns most battleships at tier 9 and is not afraid of radar due to its high speed and damage reduction bonuses the hull receives. 

[WG-CC]
1,671 posts
6,355 battles
4 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Hmmmm, getting opinions on what is good for ranked from someone who has never ranked out...

Thats gonna be a yikes from me, dawg. 

Don't have quite the time that other people have...  sorry...  adult lifing and all.  Doesn't take a rocket scientist (or someone who has ranked out) to understand what works and what doesn't.  You can easily pick a good ship that carries you to rank 5 or beyond and simply run out of time to rank out based on your life and schedule.  Which is pretty much why rank means nothing.  Players can rank out with a 50% w/l if they have the time to do it.  

Edited by NoZoupForYou
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 5

[WG-CC]
1,671 posts
6,355 battles
1 minute ago, Warbeasty_Lives said:

Mogador all the way. Outguns all DDs with the MBRB and can easily get to caps before any other ship. Plus you can grind xp so you can get Kleber as soon as 0.8.8 is released. Mogador even outguns most battleships at tier 9 and is not afraid of radar due to its high speed and damage reduction bonuses the hull receives. 

So do you slap on RPF and play it as a straight up DD hunter?  That is an interesting option.

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,136 posts
5,028 battles

I was planning on only touching Musashi and a Kuznetzov captain Soyuz (with emphasis on Soyuz)... But I took Georgia out and had so much success, I havent touched anything since. Of 20 games Im rank 6, and have only played Soyuz for 5 or so and have not touched Musashi. 

Secondaries on Georgia work. It gives bite against DDs while you are blapping cruisers and BBs on the flank. I run AFT, MFCSA, and CE. 

Members
174 posts
566 battles
3 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Don't have quite the time that other people have...  sorry...  adult lifing and all.  Doesn't take a rocket scientist (or someone who has ranked out) to understand what works and what doesn't.  You can easily pick a good ship that carries you to rank 5 or beyond and simply run out of time to rank out based on your life and schedule.  Which is pretty much why rank means nothing.  Players can rank out with a 50% w/l if they have the time to do it.  

People can rank out with even lower win rate than 50%. Just look at some of the individuals on the NA server. Plays 900 games and get to rank 3. Plays another 500 and ranks out. 

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles
4 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

There is something ironic about calling out other players for having no life while posting on an internet forum for a game where you are a community contributor.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1

[187]
Members
1,629 posts
11,745 battles
4 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

Puking out 16 torpedoes every 65 seconds is enjoyable, if I say so myself.  :cap_haloween:

However totally ridiculous as that is huh? I hear ya use what is in the game.

3 minutes ago, Warbeasty_Lives said:

Mogador even outguns most battleships at tier 9 and is not afraid of radar due to its high speed and damage reduction bonuses the hull receives. 

Another totally ridiculous thing that should not be....a DD beating up a BB with deck guns....anyone else think how totally absurd even that statement is? I do not cry or sing the blues....I will simply spec secondaries to deal with pesky DDs. ...and Zoup....why not showcase the normal tier ships that most people have to use in these matches?

Members
177 posts
8,585 battles
2 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

This kind of stuff is dangerous and really angers me....
Due to your title as a NA CC you are placed in a position where the community as a whole (meaning the uninformed masses) views you as an authority on the subject matter.  
You are NOT such authority.  You should not be speaking on such subjects.  To do so is to misrepresent a real authority on the subject.

To be clear, I do not view myself as an authority on the subject of Ranked Battles either, and hesitate to voice any sort of opinion on the subject.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 2

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles
Just now, C_D said:

Another totally ridiculous thing that should not be....a DD beating up a BB with deck guns....anyone else think how totally absurd even that statement is? I do not cry or sing the blues....I will simply spec secondaries to deal with pesky DDs. ...and Zoup....why not showcase the normal tier ships that most people have to use in these matches?

Secondary spec BBs are the easiest to farm with gunboat DDs.

Members
768 posts
18,340 battles
4 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

There is something ironic about calling out other players for having no life while posting on an internet forum for a game where you are a community contributor.

It's not a waste of time if you're trying to make WG employ you.

09-roll-safe.w700.h700.jpg

Edited by yacskn
  • Cool 1

Members
174 posts
566 battles
1 minute ago, enderland07 said:

Just HE spam the Secondary batteries and boom you got a free lunch!😜

[187]
Members
1,629 posts
11,745 battles
Just now, Warbeasty_Lives said:

Just HE spam the Secondary batteries and boom you got a free lunch!😜

3 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Good Luck!

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles
Just now, C_D said:

Good Luck!

Thanks but I am not in need of luck to farm secondary spec BBs with gunboat dds ;-)

• Boring 1

Members
6,860 posts
15,357 battles
40 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

[edited]

So how well does a Benham do against a black or Jutland? 

• Cool 2

[KIA]
Members
241 posts
12,607 battles
14 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

I was planning on only touching Musashi and a Kuznetzov captain Soyuz (with emphasis on Soyuz)... But I took Georgia out and had so much success, I havent touched anything since. Of 20 games Im rank 6, and have only played Soyuz for 5 or so and have not touched Musashi. 

Secondaries on Georgia work. It gives bite against DDs while you are blapping cruisers and BBs on the flank. I run AFT, MFCSA, and CE. 

Take off CE.  It's literally a waste in such a heavy DD meta regardless.  You can even target acquisition module for the 3km surprise and extra torp detection (plus potentially vigilance).

[-K-]
Members
8,361 posts
14,164 battles

Have seen a lot of Black and Benham out there so far.  Far fewer Kitakazes than last T9 season.  But Benham has been by far the worst DD performance I've seen in general (at least up to R8).  The players seem so keen on getting all 16 torpedoes out at once that they end up getting gunned down during the foolery.

I've been running mostly Z-46 as I thoroughly enjoy her versatility and cap contesting ability.  That 5km hydro can be a nightmare against other DDs, especially in what seems like a heavy DD season so far.  Throwing some Sovetsky Soyuz in for something different every now and then, but I generally don't like BB play in Ranked.

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
3 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

So how well does a Benham do against a black or Jutland? 

I recently discovered that against a very poorly played Black the Benham does surprisingly well!

I sure as hell wouldn't want to face a Black played by someone with more than two neurons to rub together, though.

[-K-]
Members
8,361 posts
14,164 battles
5 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

I recently discovered that against a very poorly played Black the Benham does surprisingly well!

I sure as hell wouldn't want to face a Black played by someone with more than two neurons to rub together, though.

I personally don't feel the Black is that strong.  Don't get me wrong, it's a good ship, but I just don't think it's necessarily the high point of T9 DDs this season.

With that being said, since this BEST SHIP question comes up every season......the best ship is the one you can perform the best in.  If you can be more effective in a Tashkent than a Kitakaze, then you do you.  If you can do better in an Izumo than a Musashi, that's great too.  I won't judge players on the ships they choose if they can pull their weight in them.

• Cool 1