You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
bckstb_ferlyfe

When will Kutuzov be sold again?

60 comments in this topic

Members
6,857 posts
15,299 battles

So, this season of clan battles has shown that Kutuzov is very weak. You hardly ever see it in any of the top clans lineups. It's been power crept hard, it brings nothing extra to the table when it's played. The smoke is just a made up safety blanket. 

For example, we ran up against the #1 clan in NA last week and they had a kutuzov. He smoked up. All I had to do was drive my Le terrible up alongside and wait for him to fire and show himself. I flipped on my reload booster and gunned him from full health to dead before the reload booster had finished. It's an extremely weak ship and should be sold again as it is not the OP monster it once was. Time has not been kind to the kutuzov. 

#SellKutuzovAgain

• Cool 8

[INTEL]
Members
3,050 posts
16,740 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

For example, we ran up against the #1 clan in NA last week and they had a kutuzov. He smoked up. All I had to do was drive my Le terrible up alongside and wait for him to fire and show himself. I flipped on my reload booster and gunned him from full health to dead before the reload booster had finished.

I hate it when that happens

• Cool 1

Members
174 posts
566 battles
5 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

So, this season of clan battles has shown that Kutuzov is very weak. You hardly ever see it in any of the top clans lineups. It's been power crept hard, it brings nothing extra to the table when it's played. The smoke is just a made up safety blanket. 

For example, we ran up against the #1 clan in NA last week and they had a kutuzov. He smoked up. All I had to do was drive my Le terrible up alongside and wait for him to fire and show himself. I flipped on my reload booster and gunned him from full health to dead before the reload booster had finished. It's an extremely weak ship and should be sold again as it is not the OP monster it once was. Time has not been kind to the kutuzov. 

#SellKutuzovAgain

Have to agree. Kutuzov is now weaker than chapayev. It could even be seen as being weaker than Prinz Eugen due to the lack of heal and the easy to hit citadel. 

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,073 posts
3 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

#SellKutuzovAgain

I'm sure a number of other ships could have done just well same for Belfast so much for that infamous  OP  Status:Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 2

[WAG]
Members
859 posts
13,143 battles
10 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

If it's so weak, why do you want it sold again?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[CK5]
Members
1,369 posts
14,304 battles

Kutuzov is nothing like the monster it was.  In fact, it has some weaknesses (the absolutely horrible smoke firing detection) that give it a high skill floor just to play effectively.  Put it back in the Premium Shop.  Full disclosure, I have the Kutuzov, used to play it frequently, but rarely play it now.   

• Cool 2

[WAG]
Members
859 posts
13,143 battles
Just now, Ducky_shot said:

Because it's weak, why do you not want it sold again? 

Because I have one ;-)

Having played hundreds of games since the smoke firing mechanic changes, I don't believe Kutuzov is weak by any means.

But again, if it is weaker than Chapayev, as suggested, why would anyone play $50 USD for it?

• Cool 1

Members
1,872 posts

Well.... saying it's weak is a bit of an over-exaggeration and being melodramatic to be honest. The Kutuzov may not be the #1 choice in clan battles at T8 anymore... but it still wrecks face in randoms. It's kinda like saying the Belfast is weak.

I think both of those cruisers just appear weaker simply because there's now some DD's in game that can fight back, whereas there was very few before. Their juicy citadels beckon to Russian and French long range AP... :)

Oh... and slow-assed cruisers camping in smoke just scream for Torpedo bombers as well...

There's new threats now compared to before that keep these cruisers in check.

Edited by ElectroVeeDub

Members
768 posts
18,340 battles
24 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

For example, we ran up against the #1 clan in NA last week and they had a kutuzov. He smoked up. All I had to do was drive my Le terrible up alongside and wait for him to fire and show himself.

That's one mistake I keep seeing callers make; deploy a Kutuzov with no DD cover.

Once you drop a Kutuzov on the flank with a DD to spot for it, it becomes practically untouchable.

That being said, Kutuzov has been power-crept hard. I wouldn't mind it being sold again... along with a suite of buffs to make it more viable.

Members
6,857 posts
15,299 battles
14 minutes ago, DustRhino said:

Because I have one ;-)

Having played hundreds of games since the smoke firing mechanic changes, I don't believe Kutuzov is weak by any means.

I'd stop using that argument if I were you. 

People are masochists, they buy the krasny Kreme... Putting it up for sale is a an easy way for WG to get some money for something they already have their development paid for. 

Members
6,857 posts
15,299 battles
5 minutes ago, yacskn said:

That's one mistake I keep seeing callers make; deploy a Kutuzov with no DD cover.

Once you drop a Kutuzov on the flank with a DD to spot for it, it becomes practically untouchable.

That being said, Kutuzov has been power-crept hard. I wouldn't mind it being sold again... along with a suite of buffs to make it more viable.

They had a kag that was supposed to spot for him... He died shortly after to my torps. 

Members
768 posts
18,340 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

They had a kag that was supposed to spot for him... He died shortly after to my torps. 

Touché.

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
1,226 posts
4,464 battles

No thanks in randoms it can still smoke up safely behind picket ships and spread cancer.

If Kutuzov gets sold again, Belfast needs to be.

[CUTER]
Members
224 posts
1,675 battles

I just want a Belfast...because it's weaker now and not op.

I think WG could make decent money off both ships if sold...they do like money...dont they?  

• Confused 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
3 minutes ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Not to mention the server is figuring out shooting into smoke.

She is balanced today and should be sold.

Yeah once they figure out smoke only stops line of sight and not shells or Torps, firing blindly into smoke starts happening. It’s the reason why you see smart people using smoke firing moving back and forth in the smoke in attempts to prevent getting zeroed in on. Of course you want to only do smoke firing if you have spotting ship between you and the enemy. Or if you are certain that no noby can light you up with radar or throw Torps into the smoke.

Honestly smoke for me is mostly just used to cover retreat, team movement, or even simple as a decoy to distract the enemy. Lol you would be surprised how many times you can tie up a few enemy ships simply by leaving an empty smoke screen sitting there while you went elsewhere... :Smile_veryhappy:

Members
6,857 posts
15,299 battles
13 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

No thanks in randoms it can still smoke up safely behind picket ships and spread cancer.

If Kutuzov gets sold again, Belfast needs to be.

Because kutuzov has radar to go along with its smoke screen? 

[ARRSE]
Members
192 posts
1,401 battles

Its a very long time since I saw a Belfast have an epic game; in fact you don't even see them very often these days.

[WOLFG]
Members
9,560 posts
8,505 battles
6 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Because Kutuzov has OP torps.

[-N-]
Members
262 posts
15,675 battles
8 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Kutuzov doesn't have radar, thank goodness.

Members
1,536 posts
10 battles
33 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I'd stop using that argument if I were you. 

People are masochists, they buy the krasny Kreme... Putting it up for sale is a an easy way for WG to get some money for something they already have their development paid for. 

Hey don't sleep on the Krasny Kreme, if you are a decent player than you will have good games in the Krasny Kreme.

[SIM]
Members
4,923 posts
7,996 battles

Though I don’t agree that she’s weak, Kutuzov isn’t the “monster ship” that people try to make her out to be, and it wouldn’t bother me one bit if she returned to the premium shop.

Edited by SkaerKrow

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,611 posts
14,626 battles

I mean if they are going to release the #$%##@## Smolensk, the Kutuzov is like the crappier T8 sibling.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,592 posts

The myth of OP ships is simply a way to get people to gamble for them.

Stats seem to say the Kutz is not OP by any measure when compared to the other tier 8's.

image.thumb.png.0f8993dbacb58a985ea8b6603ce4938f.png

If you look at Belfast numbers, you can see that it barely out does Fiji.

GH8b9Ua.png

And both have been out of circulation for some time, only whales and long time players have them.

The real OP ship that was removed from circulation, has never even been acknowledged by WG. It simply disappeared from the store, then showed up on a list of rare crate ships.....:Smile_teethhappy:

Spoiler

BPa7Y1P.png

Abyttul.png

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 2