You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Grimm262

Stock Fubuki is just painful to play

12 comments in this topic

[BBMOD]
Members
268 posts
4,852 battles

As title says, I really am not enjoying this ship. Mediocre concealment, slow guns and awful torps just makes it not fun. Until I can get enough EXP to upgrade, I feel like all I can do is spot. I have tried the ambush route a few times but it just seems like it ends up as a piece trade at best. Any other suggestions on game play until I can get the torps up to 10K?

[WORX]
Members
8,101 posts
16,743 battles

IJN DD torp line doesn't fall in with WOWS's anti-torp DD gaming platform... The line is the symbol of WOWS's failures, current ordnance discrimination, and balance issues in general.

I recommend from tier 6 and up... Go IJN DD Gun line, I assure you guns in the game are better then torps.

Edited by Navalpride33

[-K-]
Members
7,674 posts
12,606 battles

Torpedo boats, especially IJN ones, are difficult to play under the best of circumstances.  Using a stock ship will make it inevitably worse. 

I'd say use Free XP to fully upgrade the ship if you can.  Fubuki is a pretty decent ship, but is by no means easy to play.

[--V--]
Members
1,110 posts
12,468 battles

At one time the tech tree ships Minekaze and Fubuki were my favorite.   They were great ships with speed, concealment and strong torps.  Then came the great IJN DD nerf from WG.   That was over 2 years ago and I haven't played them since.  Reduction in speed, much slower torps and increase in torp spotting range made them worthless.   Truly worthless. 

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
11,295 posts
12,715 battles

The way I got through Stock Fubuki was to approach a nice high HP BB, then as soon as I was hitting my detection range I would hit speed boost, get into about point blank range, drop all my Torps, and lay smoke as I finished my turn to get out of range again. ( You know far too often there are Lone BBs wandering around so might as well take advantage of them)

Using Premium Smoke And speed boost Consumables I could do this trick a few times in a battle and often get some good scores. Then once I was able to get a Fubuki upgraded I was able to play more normal tactics. Just use sniper view to make sure the BB guns are facing the opposite direction from you when you try this or else they might be able to blow you out of the water.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
9,291 posts
16,150 battles
2 hours ago, Grimm262 said:

As title says, I really am not enjoying this ship. Mediocre concealment, slow guns and awful torps just makes it not fun. Until I can get enough EXP to upgrade, I feel like all I can do is spot. I have tried the ambush route a few times but it just seems like it ends up as a piece trade at best. Any other suggestions on game play until I can get the torps up to 10K?

Play it in Co op until you get your upgrades. It doesn't take long.

• Cool 1

Members
6 posts
392 battles

I free XP-ed the line to get fubuki as I had her on my EU account, oh my god, I forgot how awful the stock grind was, and even it's not worth it, fubuki needs some love asap.

Is Hatsuharu better than 'Bucky? She on paper seems much worse, as she has 2x3 torpedo tubes on hatsuharu vs 3x3 of the fubuki.

Members
80 posts
2,843 battles

It goes from horrible to absolutely amazing with the torp upgrade. I would just free xp for em to avoid misery.

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,048 posts
8,649 battles
3 hours ago, Grimm262 said:

As title says, I really am not enjoying this ship. Mediocre concealment, slow guns and awful torps just makes it not fun. Until I can get enough EXP to upgrade, I feel like all I can do is spot.

Suck it up buttercup. Price of admission. your also going to be upset to find out she always wants a minimum of 14pt captain to bring out her best qualities. 

We all went through this barrier. The lessons you learn because of it prepares you for later tiers. 

[SRPH]
Members
90 posts
1,479 battles

I ended up yelling “banzai” and YOLOing in from behind smoke clouds to pounce on one victim every match. The revenge from his pals took me out, usually. That got me to the B hull, and I used FXP for the torpedo upgrade.

Worth. It. 

It’s a fun ship even before the torpedo upgrade but it’s much better with. 

[_S_B_]
Members
477 posts
15,639 battles
On 8/12/2019 at 8:52 AM, Navalpride33 said:

IJN DD torp line doesn't fall in with WOWS's anti-torp DD gaming platform... The line is the symbol of WOWS's failures, current ordnance discrimination, and balance issues in general.

I recommend from tier 6 and up... Go IJN DD Gun line, I assure you guns in the game are better then torps.

One of my best DD battles ever was in the Fubuki and I'm not even a great DD player. 146K damage with 4 ships sunk. Any ship is a pain till fully upgraded.