You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Alienmenace_1

What does it mean.

43 comments in this topic

[W-P-A]
[W-P-A]
Members
242 posts
13,291 battles

Okay, what does it mean?

YOLO -

Seal clubbing - I know what this means in real life but in here?

And there is probably a few more.  But those two.

Someone should make a tutorial for that because I am an old man and can't understand some of this stuff. :cap_hmm:

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,654 posts
2 minutes ago, Alienmenace_1 said:

Okay, what does it mean?

YOLO -

Someone should make a tutorial for that because I am an old man and can't understand some of this stuff. :cap_hmm:

Yolo -- to rush into an area with not a care in the world and immediately get blapped by the defenders. Or to go off anywhere that is not productive, as in "He just yoloed off to the edge of the map."

Seal clubbing -- also called noob bashing. Being an expert but going into low tiers and dominating new players.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 3

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,578 posts
3 minutes ago, Alienmenace_1 said:

Okay, what does it mean?

YOLO -

YOLO means "you only live once".  Usually said right before doing something that is generally not going to end well.

Seal clubbing was explained above.

[W-P-A]
[W-P-A]
Members
242 posts
13,291 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

YOLO means "you only live once".  Usually said right before doing something that is generally not going to end well.

Seal clubbing was explained above.

That makes more sense. Well, I will never be YoLO. I'm usually the last ship to move. I got tired of getting run over by other ships when I moved out to fast. Or put on my Auto-steering on the map.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,654 posts
3 minutes ago, Alienmenace_1 said:

That makes more sense. Well, I will never be YoLO. I'm usually the last ship to move. I got tired of getting run over by other ships when I moved out to fast. Or put on my Auto-steering on the map.

Sometimes hanging back pays off. That award is the "Solo Warrior" if you are not aware. It's among the rarest of the awards.

image.thumb.png.5a9d4a4124cb192c10f9ffa5e656878a.png

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles

YOLO, charge in and die doing little if any damage.

Sealing clubbing, this varies but to me it is any enemy team that is completely unprepared for the enemy team. Some look at it as experienced players beating up on unexperienced players.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
10,290 posts
17,483 battles

YOLO is the acronym of "you only live once". Along the same lines as the Latin "carpe diem" ("seize the day"), it is a call to live life to its fullest extent, even embracing behavior which carries inherent risk

Seal clubbing is self explanatory really, you know, killing defenseless animals.

Your search engine is a great place to look for today's acronyms, remembering them is the hard part.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,654 posts
17 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

YOLO is the acronym of "you only live once".

it practically makes you believe you can do ANYTHING and you have the right to do everything, no matter how stupid. The people that say this practically enter derp moments.

[PVE]
Members
6,177 posts
22,432 battles
4 hours ago, Alienmenace_1 said:

Wow! That be a great reward to get.

Most easily obtained by CV players due to their ability to hang back throughout the fight & be able to outrun the remaining red ships after the green team has held enough caps throughout the battle (before the rest die) to give a substantial enough lead that points run out before the CV can be run down & killed (was not as easy as the 2nd easiest way before the 0.8.0 CV rework as CVs used to be able to hunt down & kill the "out of range" remaining CV easier in the RTS version).

2nd easiest way to obtain one is usually by DDs (most of the time although any type of ship theoretically can earn one this way) that manage to cap out the red base while red team is all too far away due to trying to cap green base & being reset/delayed by the rest of the green team just long enough to reset the green cap enough that reds can't cap in time & can't make it back to their own red base to reset the DD (my only 2 solo warriors were this type both times).

Hardest (& should have a separate achievement altogether to distinguish it w/a more substantial reward) is what I personally call the "Earned Solo Warrior" which is actually ending the battle w/"all enemy ships destroyed" which of course requires you to actually kill the last 4 remaining ships & survive.

[LOSC]
Members
579 posts

Seal Clubbing: What the Tier 10 ships do to the unlucky Tier 8 ships in the current match maker. (minus the Massachusetts)

Seal Clubbing : What the Tier 9 ships do to the Tier 7 ships in the current match maker.  (no ships of equivalents here)

Members
1,674 posts
12,382 battles
4 hours ago, Alienmenace_1 said:

. Well, I will never be YoLO.

Famous last words before doing Leeroy Jenkin up the middle of 2 Brothers

• Cool 2

Members
1,674 posts
12,382 battles
6 minutes ago, Halli_SPARTA said:

Seal Clubbing: What the Tier 10 ships do to the unlucky Tier 8 ships in the current match maker. (minus the Massachusetts)

Seal Clubbing : What the Tier 9 ships do to the Tier 7 ships in the current match maker.  (no ships of equivalents here)

My Atlanta and Belfast disagree

[0456]
Members
3,621 posts
9,586 battles
1 hour ago, Halli_SPARTA said:

I don’t think either of those have ever been referred to as seal clubbing by common wows culture. 

No tier anything ever seal clubbed another tier anything- the term exclusively refers to highly skilled people wiping their [edited]with low skilled people. 

Edited by _ENO_

[ARGSY]
Members
20,158 posts
14,340 battles
6 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

YOLO, charge in and die doing little if any damage.

Except in co-op mode. The bots are unnaturally good at dodging torpedoes there (they know where they are at all times and exactly how much rudder/power to apply without delay), so you need to get in stupidly close in order to reliably get a full salvo home and sink something.  The upside is that the bots are otherwise relatively stupid, and you stand a higher chance of pulling this off than against a good human player. Not recommended against ANY human opponent who has any idea of what they are doing, unless they are terribly distracted by other things (e.g. your team-mates).

[WOLFG]
Members
29,075 posts
8,322 battles
1 hour ago, Halli_SPARTA said:

The only people getting seal clubbed in T7&8 ships is those who bought premiums without any prior experience past T4 or 5.

Seal clubbing has nothing to do with tiering, it's all about relative gameplay experience levels.

By your definition, a 1000 game Kamikaze vet isn't seal clubbing, because none of his targets are 2 tiers lower.

• Cool 2

[LOSC]
Members
579 posts

Well for me it's Seal clubbing, as the low tier ships can't see or reach out to defend, and get shot without seeing who was shooting.

Yes I know when a person that has 10,000 games plays his 19 point capt in low tiers is a definition of seal clubbing, but cannot the above mentioned be the same.

So just add it to your definition because it is what it is.

Carry on.

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,155 posts
11,024 battles
44 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

{Seal Clubbing} the term exclusively refers to highly skilled people wiping their [edited]with low skilled people. 

I was amazed how many responses it took to get to someone who knew what seal clubbing meant.

6 hours ago, Alienmenace_1 said:

specifically in this game, good players from High tiers target defenseless new players (the seals) by playing lower tiers with maxed out boats (the club). also good to know... do not google the term... unless you want to be sad for the rest of the day. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
9,619 posts
8,610 battles
6 minutes ago, park_h said:

How about "OP", seen it used in different ways?

For a thread started here, OP stands for original poster.

OP in reference to a ship means overpowered.

• Cool 1

[0456]
Members
3,621 posts
9,586 battles
8 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

For a thread started here, OP stands for original poster.

OP in reference to a ship means overpowered.

And Overpowered in common forum usage means "anything that stands between you and winning every battle you're in with what you have." I say this slightly tongue in cheek but I think the term has been significantly watered down over time. 

Edited by _ENO_