Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Warbeasty_Lives

Best skill set for Loyang competive.

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
174 posts
566 battles

Howdy all!

 Due to the increasing DD meta that is being seen this season of clan battles, I thought it would be a good idea to discuss how to set up your Loyang. As a tier 8 DD that has a 5.4km hydro, Loyang is a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield. 

 

Here is is how I set up my Loyang:

Row 1: Priority Target, Last Gasp

Row 2: Expert Marksman, Last stand 

Row 3: Survivability expert, BFT, Demo expert

Row 4: Concealment

 

this is how my set up my Loyang. Let me know what you think. 

  • Cool 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,310
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,431 battles

are the captain skills, upgrades and consumables that work best for you in any other mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,926 posts
7,591 battles

Last gasp is a CV skill. Completely useless on a non-CV.

Swap that and DE for RPF. The latter is much more useful. 

Would also swap PT for PM. If you're spotted in a DD, you're getting focused anyway. PM reduces the potential for your engines and torps to get incapacitated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
174 posts
566 battles
6 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Last gasp is a CV skill. Completely useless on a non-CV.

Swap that and DE for RPF. The latter is much more useful. 

Would also swap PT for PM. If you're spotted in a DD, you're getting focused anyway. PM reduces the potential for your engines and torps to get incapacitated. 

I have to disagree. Last gasp allows you to have the same benefits as last stand, except for propulsion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,926 posts
7,591 battles
4 minutes ago, Warbeasty_Lives said:

I have to disagree. Last gasp allows you to have the same benefits as last stand, except for propulsion. 

Last Gasp description: "Restores the engine boost of the carrier's last attack squadron" 

it is completely useless on a non-CV. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,673
[PVE]
Members
6,149 posts
22,432 battles
27 minutes ago, Warbeasty_Lives said:

I have to disagree. Last gasp allows you to have the same benefits as last stand, except for propulsion. 

Last gasp is specifically for when a CV gets sunk & it only benefits the last squadron of planes in the air after the CV gets sunk.

It has no other benefits to any other ship type (in fact it has no benefits to the CV even...just to it's "last squadron" after it is sunk).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,739 posts
10,757 battles
1 hour ago, Warbeasty_Lives said:

Howdy all!

 Due to the increasing DD meta that is being seen this season of clan battles, I thought it would be a good idea to discuss how to set up your Loyang. As a tier 8 DD that has a 5.4km hydro, Loyang is a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield. 

 

Here is is how I set up my Loyang:

Row 1: Priority Target, Last Gasp

Row 2: Expert Marksman, Last stand 

Row 3: Survivability expert, BFT, Demo expert

Row 4: Concealment

 

this is how my set up my Loyang. Let me know what you think. 

What clan are you in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
174 posts
566 battles
29 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

What clan are you in

The clan that beat you last night. Does it really matter?

Edited by Warbeasty_Lives
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
209
[KNCOL]
Members
191 posts
5,791 battles
4 hours ago, Warbeasty_Lives said:

Howdy all!

 Due to the increasing DD meta that is being seen this season of clan battles, I thought it would be a good idea to discuss how to set up your Loyang. As a tier 8 DD that has a 5.4km hydro, Loyang is a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield. 

 

Here is is how I set up my Loyang:

Row 1: Priority Target, Last Gasp

Row 2: Expert Marksman, Last stand 

Row 3: Survivability expert, BFT, Demo expert

Row 4: Concealment

 

this is how my set up my Loyang. Let me know what you think. 

A great build for sure, but I prefer swapping out survivability expert for jack of all trades and expert loader. You just never know when the situation will arise where you really wish you could quickly fire off a devastating AP salvo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
174 posts
566 battles
53 minutes ago, Sweaty_Anime_Girls said:

A great build for sure, but I prefer swapping out survivability expert for jack of all trades and expert loader. You just never know when the situation will arise where you really wish you could quickly fire off a devastating AP salvo

Pretty interesting. I might also want to swap concealment for RPF so that you know where the enemy is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,926 posts
7,591 battles
6 minutes ago, Warbeasty_Lives said:

Pretty interesting. I might also want to swap concealment for RPF so that you know where the enemy is

Wat?  No, you need CE, even moreso in competitive.  It's an absolute requirement, aside from Russian DDs. But RPF is highly desirable.  Swap Last Gasp and DE for RPF, or Last Gasp and BFT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
209
[KNCOL]
Members
191 posts
5,791 battles
1 hour ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Wat?  No, you need CE, even moreso in competitive.  It's an absolute requirement, aside from Russian DDs. But RPF is highly desirable.  Swap Last Gasp and DE for RPF, or Last Gasp and BFT. 

RPF is useless. You should always have a good idea of where the enemy ships are going just from your own experience and intuition. DE, on the other hand, is incredibly useful in starting extra fires that will chip away at enemy battleships and cruisers; in addition, your extra fires may force the enemy to use their damage control party more often, leaving them vulnerable not only to more fires and floods that they cannot repair, but also broken engines, rudders, turrets, etc. And the concealment hit that ships on fire suffer is huge in clan wars. Imagine starting multiple fires on an enemy destroyer in a single engagement, they repair the first round of fires but you quickly set some more as they are running away. Now think about how much longer it will take that destroyer to disengage and go dark since his concealment is momentarily nerfed by the fire. That means not only more damage from the fire, but more time for extra shots on that destroyer.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×