Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Markk9

Grober Kurfurst 19-P Capt build

4 comments in this topic

[BB35]
Members
517 posts
3,836 battles

Looking for info on a good secondary build Cpt for this boat. Boat is speced:  AAM1, DCM1, SBM1, DCM2, CSM, SBM2

Current CPT is: PT, PM, EM, BFT, MFC, IFHE, AFT

I was thinking I do not need IFHE with a German ship, thinking of getting SI & DCF.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,056 posts
8,845 battles

Almost the same...

PM, DCCA, AR, BFT, MFCSA, IFHE, AFT

[WOLFC]
Members
1,607 posts
9,411 battles

I don’t have the GK yet (grinding through FDG at the moment) but this the hybrid secondary/survivability captain I’ve been using on my German battleships to good effect:

PT, AR, SI, AFT, MFCSA, FP, and PM

IMO, IFHE to pen 32mm with the smaller caliber secondaries is not worth 4 points given the amount to HE spam at higher tiers. I went with FP instead. I also find the extra heal and hydro from SI to be more valuable than the 10% secondary DPM increase from BFT, but YMMV.

Edited by Nevermore135

[UN1]
Members
1,209 posts
3,633 battles
On 8/11/2019 at 5:20 PM, Markk9 said:

Looking for info on a good secondary build Cpt for this boat. Boat is speced:  AAM1, DCM1, SBM1, DCM2, CSM, SBM2

Current CPT is: PT, PM, EM, BFT, MFC, IFHE, AFT

I was thinking I do not need IFHE with a German ship, thinking of getting SI & DCF.

Tier1 - PT

Tier2 - AR

Tier3 -

• Offensive - BFT for more secondary and AA action
  • Defensive - BoS or SI can be excellent too in a more defensive secondary build

Tier4 - Lots of choices

• Mandatory - Manual Secondaries is mandatory.  They're just not accurate enough without it.
  • Offensive - MS, AFT, +4pts leftover
  • Defensive - MS, FP, CE (all the power, but just not as much range)
  • WhatIdo - MS, AFT, CE (a good balance imho, but CE can be traded for FP)

Keep in mind that the HE penetration change hasn't gone into effect yet, so the Kurfurst still only penetrates 30mm of armor.  That said, the value of IFHE isn't the end-all-be-all like some might think.  For instance, the value of IFHE in the Kurfurst is much higher when facing British and French BB's, but almost no benefit when engaging German or Russian BB's. 

Modules - MAM1, DCM1, SBM1, DCM2, CSM, SBM2

German battleships don't need AAM1 because the mounts are pretty tanky as-is.  They're not like French mounts which disappear when the wind blows.

Although breaking 100k damage with your secondaries is very possible, your main battery is still going to be your primary damage dealer, so don't hesitate to trade out SBM2 with MBM1 if you want. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this