You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Ranked My second battle ever..what a difference!

8 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,059 posts

My first try this morning almost had me never go back.  Toxic kiddies spouting from the first 5 seconds  and through the entire game.  Team too busy filtering out the toxic spam to communicate...we lost.  My try after lunch  was what I expected from a high tier match.. BOTH team worked hard. No idiots in chat and I didn't suck. 

In fact in the first 5 seconds I said to my team.. This only my 2nd Ranked..I will try not to F Up... They laughed.  I ended top on my team.  Great team!!

Col Out

Untitlererered.png

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,654 posts
3 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

My first try this morning almost had me never go back.  Toxic kiddies spouting from the first 5 seconds  and through the entire game.  Team too busy filtering out the toxic spam to communicate...we lost.  My try after lunch  was what I expected from a high tier match.. BOTH team worked hard. No idiots in chat and I didn't suck. 

In fact in the first 5 seconds I said to my team.. This only my 2nd Ranked..I will try not to F Up... They laughed.  I ended top on my team.  Great team!!

Col Out

Untitlererered.png

Cool. I'd give you a "thumbs up" but I can't seem to get them to work.

:cap_like:

The Fletcher is my only tier IX so that's what I played in Ranked. I made it to 10, which is my goal. Good luck!

One hint (if you don't have it already) -- RPF is really a good skill to have if you are using a DD in Ranked.,

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
2,059 posts
2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Cool. I'd give you a "thumbs up" but I can't seem to get them to work.

:cap_like:

The Fletcher is my only tier IX so that's what I played in Ranked. I made it to 10, which is my goal. Good luck!

Thanks... My only other T9 is the Iowa and she's got a weak captain and I have hardly any time in her...

[WPORT]
Members
5,499 posts
10,525 battles

Congratulations.  :-)

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,654 posts
Just now, Col_Nasty said:

Thanks... My only other T9 is the Iowa and she's got a weak captain and I have hardly any time in her...

I've seen BBs do well but, as there are usually 2-4 DDs, it's sometimes a turkey shoot too.

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,377 posts
20,047 battles
12 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Col Out

Untitlererered.png

Strong

And the only way to get stronger is to keep trying 

giphy (13).gif

This isn't randoms anymore

different expectations especially with only 6 ships

Edited by silverdahc

[EQRN]
Members
2,032 posts
17,512 battles
17 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Col Out

Untitlererered.png

Brave to start your Ranked journey with DD.  I think DDs have more responsibility for winning or losing Ranked games.  Kudos for sticking with it and topping the team! :cap_like:

[PVE]
Members
6,173 posts
22,432 battles
2 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Col Out

Untitlererered.png

Well done for getting back in there & not letting that 1st battle define your ranked season (or career) for you.

It has been awhile since that 1st post so it seems you took a break to cool off from it...wise choice.

Itend to ignore toxic chat (in any mode) but when "team too busy filtering out toxic spam to communicate" leads to the loss I can understand the earlier frustration...not taking a break after that would have probably led to another loss from "mental dwelling leading to distraction" if you hadn't taken a break.

Well done on the performance & hope the rest of the season goes as well for ya.

• Cool 1