You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shenanigans_Abound

Ship Carousel wont whow more than 2 rows

19 comments in this topic

[90THI]
Members
549 posts
8,111 battles

As the title shows, for some reason my ship carousel wont show show more than 2 rows, It just says "not available in low resolution" which shouldnt be the case as the Monitor is a 1080p 30 inch Vizio TV screen. Screen shots of PC specs included. Im not sure what the issue is, Ive tried everything I can think of so any help is appreciated. 

What really bugs me about this, before I got a new PC I was running on a very sad 6 year old, off the shelf, run of the mill HP that was more suited for doing homework than playing a game but was capable of showing 4 rows in the ship carousel so.... yeah.... what the heck...68250659_Screenshot(43).thumb.png.758f6c057a4690ce4c1744e113a3bf27.png1793667525_Screenshot(44).thumb.png.c6027c28aa7322ed8053d8bcc4d6bc00.png494242505_Screenshot(45).thumb.png.20e135c9b846e65166e6f00f3f79cf87.png1099791990_Screenshot(46).thumb.png.c208ae8308125e8c7adc121b0510bfa9.png

[LOU1]
Members
4,157 posts
11,965 battles

What resolution does Windows say you are running?

(Right-click desktop, click Display settings)

Edited by ExploratorOne

[TWE]
Members
143 posts
7,968 battles

Right click anywhere on your desktop and NOT on an icon and go to display settings. Look for resolution and tell me what it is. 

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,063 posts

from WG game center, did you do ultra res install?

laptop or desktop?   did you set WoWS to use the NV card from NvPanel?

[90THI]
Members
549 posts
8,111 battles
8 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

What resolution does Windows say you are running?

(Right-click desktop, click Display settings)

It says my recommended resolution is 1360x768

[90THI]
Members
549 posts
8,111 battles
8 minutes ago, Ozium said:

from WG game center, did you do ultra res install?

laptop or desktop?   did you set WoWS to use the NV card from NvPanel?

What you just said might as well have been a foreign language. I’m a jump over from console (about a year ago) so all this is pretty new to me. It is a custom build PC, not a laptop. 

4,191 posts
12,469 battles
22 minutes ago, Shenanigans_Abound said:

68250659_Screenshot(43).thumb.png.758f6c057a4690ce4c1744e113a3bf27.png

Sorry but I have no answer for your problem . BUT I was wondering why your CPU clock speed is so low ?  1.56 GHz is less then half of what that CPU is capable of at base speed . Mine runs at almost it's top turbo speed ( my rig is in my sig and yes I am a poet {very amateur tho}  and know it ) . 

:Smile_honoring:

[LOU1]
Members
4,157 posts
11,965 battles
5 minutes ago, Shenanigans_Abound said:

It says my recommended resolution is 1360x768

That is low resolution.  There is an issue with your video settings.  If you are not familiar with setting those, contact the place you got the PC from for help.

As a reference, my system is running at 1920 x 1020.  Those are the number of Horizontal and vertical pixels.

Edited by ExploratorOne

4,191 posts
12,469 battles
6 minutes ago, Shenanigans_Abound said:

What you just said might as well have been a foreign language. I’m a jump over from console (about a year ago) so all this is pretty new to me. It is a custom build PC, not a laptop. 

NV = NVidia  so he means your 1080  and the graphics panel in settings is the other thing he mentions also have you checked GeForce Experience to make sure your GPU's drivers are up to date and that you have linked WoWs to it so you can see your optimal settings for the game ? It will also set those optimal seetings for you in the game .

[90THI]
Members
549 posts
8,111 battles
7 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

That is low resolution.  There is an issue with your video settings.  If you are not familiar with setting those, contact the place you got the PC from for help.

As a reference, my system is running at 1920 x 1020.  Those are the number of Horizontal and vertical pixels.

the place that built my pc was my brother :D, he lives in vegas though... so its kinda hard to explain things with a pc he built when hes 1400 miles away.

[90THI]
Members
549 posts
8,111 battles
8 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

Sorry but I have no answer for your problem . BUT I was wondering why your CPU clock speed is so low ?  1.56 GHz is less then half of what that CPU is capable of at base speed . Mine runs at almost it's top turbo speed ( my rig is in my sig and yes I am a poet {very amateur tho}  and know it ) . 

Im not sure, I think im gonna have to call the builder (my brother) and have him go over some things with me. (im so new at this stuff)

• Cool 1

4,191 posts
12,469 battles
4 minutes ago, Shenanigans_Abound said:

Im not sure, I think im gonna have to call the builder (my brother) and have him go over some things with me. (im so new at this stuff)

Lol . Pretty much the way I was last year at the end of Feb. when I bought my new rig . Since then thanks to YouTube  and Linus Tech Tips and others I know a lot more and not nearly enough ! 

1,063 posts
14 minutes ago, Shenanigans_Abound said:

from WG game center is settings tab, it shows high or ultra. probably not the cause but covering bases

access NvPanel from Win control panel, could be in hidden icons tray too as Nv settings

[LOU1]
Members
4,157 posts
11,965 battles
6 minutes ago, Shenanigans_Abound said:

the place that built my pc was my brother :D, he lives in vegas though... so its kinda hard to explain things with a pc he built when hes 1400 miles away.

It is best if you contact him.  We would be exchanging numerous emails/messages or in a long phone conversation.  preferable would be in-person or with the technician remoting into your PC and setting things while you watch and they explain.  My initial thought is that your video card is not setup properly (as other posters have alluded to).

Quick example of the entire process.  Your issue is probably with the software/drivers near the end.

(Just found this by in a search, and just remembered that WOWS recently did a collaboration with Linus: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/they-call-him-mr-tips/)

[WOLF5]
Members
896 posts
34,059 battles

It's not your PC. It's your TV. It's 1080i which means it's actually 780p. That's why the recommended resolution is 1360x768.  Pick up a true 1080p TV and you'll be able to run at 1920x1080. 27" monitors are going for around $150, not sure what small TV's are going for. 

[90THI]
Members
549 posts
8,111 battles
4 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

It's not your PC. It's your TV. It's 1080i which means it's actually 780p. That's why the recommended resolution is 1360x768.  Pick up a true 1080p TV and you'll be able to run at 1920x1080. 27" monitors are going for around $150, not sure what small TV's are going for. 

I was just looking at 40” 4K tv’s I’ll probably pick one up in a couple weeks when I get paid again. You can get a good 40” 4K for like 200 right now which is just as much as a good 32” monitor. Although I have been eyeballing the Philips 31.5” curved monitor. It’s pretty 😍