Deltavee

HOW MANY CAMOS FOR GOLD IN EXTERIOR?

8 comments in this topic

Members
29 posts
3,719 battles

There are camos for sale under the Exterior tab in the harbour, one for 125 gold and another for 50.

Nowhere is there any information about quantity.  Am I paying for one?  50?  100?  I'm not about to throw down gold on an unknown quantity so any information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,767 posts
4,630 battles
2 minutes ago, Deltavee said:

There are camos for sale under the Exterior tab in the harbour, one for 125 gold and another for 50.

Nowhere is there any information about quantity.  Am I paying for one?  50?  100?  I'm not about to throw down gold on an unknown quantity so any information would be appreciated

The price is per one.  Each.  They are good camos, but that's a lot of money for a camo.

Best use the one-use camos that you should have in quantity.  If you really do run out, IMO the Type 5 with no combat bonus is the better buy.

And if you worry about running out, try choosing the Signals & Camouflages container at the next daily drop.

Members
29 posts
3,719 battles
3 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

The price is per one.  Each.  They are good camos, but that's a lot of money for a camo.

Best use the one-use camos that you should have in quantity.  If you really do run out, IMO the Type 5 with no combat bonus is the better buy.

And if you worry about running out, try choosing the Signals & Camouflages container at the next daily drop.

Thanks, Duckman.  One?!  That's a heckuva price to pay for a one-use item so no sale for this sogbottom.

I already make a practice of choosing only Sigs & Camos from containers and on occasion will buy camo from Premium where you can buy them in sets of 50 or 100 etc.

I'm just astounded that they would have the cojones to charge 125 gold for a one-use camo.  That's insane.

Thanks for the quick reply.

GL&GH

[TBW]
Members
10,283 posts
17,476 battles
11 minutes ago, Deltavee said:

Thanks, Duckman.  One?!  That's a heckuva price to pay for a one-use item so no sale for this sogbottom.

Make sure you click the resupply for in game currency button, make sure it has no check in it or they will charge you for them when your supply runs out. It's kind of a shady practice but it is checked by default.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,767 posts
4,630 battles

Even in the Armory, WG over-prices its camos, IMO.

About the only thing I buy from the Premium Shop (besides the 99¢ funbotes) is Economic signals. 

Since I'm never that low on camos and the Signals containers don't give me what I need in signals, I always take Resources crates.

Members
29 posts
3,719 battles
7 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Make sure you click the resupply for in game currency button, make sure it has no check in it or they will charge you for them when your supply runs out. It's kind of a shady practice but it is checked by default.

Thanks, Sovereigndawg.  I always make sure they have no way of charging stealthily.  Eg. In Warplanes I always turn off Automatic Resupply of components and ammo for each plane.  You don't want to get charged for something you may not even look at again for a long time.  I do buy from the Premium shop, but only after I've taken a look at all the alternatives.  It's a shame we have to watch out for money traps but that's the way it is.

Cheers

Members
29 posts
3,719 battles
12 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Even in the Armory, WG over-prices its camos, IMO.

About the only thing I buy from the Premium Shop (besides the 99¢ funbotes) is Economic signals. 

Since I'm never that low on camos and the Signals containers don't give me what I need in signals, I always take Resources crates.

Pretty much the same here.  A mixed crate of economic signals is usually a good buy for me since I almost automatically put all five on the ship.  If I can find a deal that allows the purchase of the utilitarian flags above them, I'll usually buy them in quantity.  I recently bought 100 of the flags that increase the ship's speed, for instance.  Those types of flags I use fairly judiciously, even sparingly because I find that for some reason if I load a ship up with 8 flags and some camo I quite often get blasted/torpedoed out of the water before they can have much effect and that is basically just throwing them away.  If I cruise out with just camo the opposite is true.  Just RNG, I guess.

Cheers

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,767 posts
4,630 battles
14 minutes ago, Deltavee said:

Just RNG, I guess.

RNG has a bad attitude.