Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

My first Ranked Battle ...... Thought it would be different

9 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,041 posts

Chat wise that it.  Well after 3.5K Coops and about 600 Randoms all with a pretty good rating I felt it was ok to venture into the realm of the pros. RANKED!  Well to keep it short.  Toxic chat knows no level it cannot ruin.  It took less than FIVE seconds into the match.  That tells you one thing.  These people exist simply to be toxic.  5 whole seconds into my first T9 Ranked battle and it started.  Not a shot fired..ship detected or one single ship has reached speed.

I do notice though it is almost always the ones who have either died first or have already died that do it. 

So much for the fantasy of working hard and getting good so I could leave the mudhole and have fun.  I had heard about this skill based game and decided to leave the BF game that I had invested so much in on servers , running clans etc. COD as well.  I haven't been here a year yet and the changes have been MASSIVE player base wise.  Like many others I just won't play as seriously anymore, just for a bit of fun .  I find If I lower my expectations it is just another silly game that kids play and try to ruin as often as possible.

I ran a poll a while back and by FAR the number one thing that makes people hate this game is the Toxic environment.  It coddles internet keyboard cowards.  I KNOW that not ONE of my many gaming friends that date back MANY years named that as why they wouldn't spend a dime here.  I had hoped to bring the entire BF and COD      GOB and TRD clans here.  NO ONE will come here till they fix their chat. BTW it would take all of 1hr. We managed 24 rooms with thousands of players an hour in 2 of the WORST games for trolling and cheating and 90% of it was automated. The ONLY reason to not fix it is because you want it.

Col out

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WPORT]
Members
5,407 posts
10,457 battles

Reading your experience sounds disheartening.

My experiences in Ranked Battles have been more pleasant, overall.

For the most part, my ranked battles have been in the tier 6 to tier 7 range.  The players were more polite and took the game seriously.  Their level of play helped me improve my own game.  The small size of the teams seemed to encourage teamwork and better communication.

I hope your future games are more fun.  :-)

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,335 posts
20,013 battles

Yeah I've played like 26 games this season haven't seen any bad chat

I'm not saying it doesn't happen but if you're just starting out rank you're not playing with the pros right now

[OO7]
Members
481 posts
27,210 battles

Played 36 games and got to rank 5. Only seen 2 maybe 3 instances of people being toxic. Small sample size but I've always found people in ranked less toxic. Kind of ironic I'd say. 

Edited by eagle_lance

[HINON]
Members
13,240 posts

I've seen salty chat in ranked in the past  but it was the exception. Most chats were fine.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,078 posts
19,197 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

RANKED!

Toxicity; always had it, always will.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,565 posts
11,145 battles

I have played maybe 24 games and I have had some clunkers . I haven't had any bad experience's with toxic chat everthing has been good . Of course that could change in a heartbeat but so far so good .

[PVE]
Members
6,130 posts
22,432 battles
3 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Chat wise that it.  Well after 3.5K Coops and about 600 Randoms all with a pretty good rating I felt it was ok to venture into the realm of the pros. RANKED!  Well to keep it short.  Toxic chat knows no level it cannot ruin.  It took less than FIVE seconds into the match.  That tells you one thing.  These people exist simply to be toxic.  5 whole seconds into my first T9 Ranked battle and it started.  Not a shot fired..ship detected or one single ship has reached speed.

I do notice though it is almost always the ones who have either died first or have already died that do it. 

So much for the fantasy of working hard and getting good so I could leave the mudhole and have fun.  I had heard about this skill based game and decided to leave the BF game that I had invested so much in on servers , running clans etc. COD as well.  I haven't been here a year yet and the changes have been MASSIVE player base wise.  Like many others I just won't play as seriously anymore, just for a bit of fun .  I find If I lower my expectations it is just another silly game that kids play and try to ruin as often as possible.

I ran a poll a while back and by FAR the number one thing that makes people hate this game is the Toxic environment.  It coddles internet keyboard cowards.  I KNOW that not ONE of my many gaming friends that date back MANY years named that as why they wouldn't spend a dime here.  I had hoped to bring the entire BF and COD      GOB and TRD clans here.  NO ONE will come here till they fix their chat. BTW it would take all of 1hr. We managed 24 rooms with thousands of players an hour in 2 of the WORST games for trolling and cheating and 90% of it was automated. The ONLY reason to not fix it is because you want it.

Col out

I thought the title said this was just about your 1st ranked battle.

After the 1st paragraph (that actually was just about your 1st ranked battle) I was expecting a summary/example of exactly what toxic chat you endured during your 1st ranked battle in less than 5 seconds & instead the 2nd paragraph through me off by referring to dead players "almost always" being the culprits.

Now the "almost always" in reference to what was supposed to be a single battle (as in "My 1st ranked battle" as the title stated) was confusing enough but for a moment there I thought you were saying that somebody actually die w/in 5 seconds in your 1st ranked battle...which would actually explain the toxic chat but would also surely result in a lot of "Lucky shot dude...how long did you have to go down on RNG for that to work?" type comments directed at whoever achieved that 5 second kill also...especially as it takes longer than 5 seconds for rounds to make it from spawn to spawn not to mention for turrets that have that range to load in the 1st place.

The 3rd paragraphs lead in of, "So much for..." equates to you saying that you aren't even gonna play a 2nd ranked battle at all so you can keep the "100% toxic chat ranked battle experience" to fall back on for future toxic chat threads (such as "every time I've played ranked...").

Based on the rest of the post (specifically the reference to starting a poll w/the results being "toxic chat by FAR being the #1 thing that makes people hate this game" I find it highly unlikely that you actually "thought it would be different" (as the title stated)..but that pretty much summarizes my  viewpoint of a thread that's title starts off w/"My 1st ranked battle..." I too...thought it would be different.

[POP]
Members
1,080 posts
9,344 battles

In my experience getting to 10 is an ugly one.  A mix of highly skilled and not skilled at all randomly thrown together to hash it out.  It tends to smooth out after you get to 10, by then those with no skill and those with no patience tend to quit.

Sign in to follow this