You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
otakuben

A Fun Event idea - Old Ironsides encounter

12 comments in this topic

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,335 posts
1,977 battles

So I love the unique and interesting game modes that come out so often. I'd like to suggest one that I think would be fun.

The Old Ironsides Battle mode

For those who don't know (this is the NA server so I'd be surprised who doesn't know) Old Ironsides was a nickname given to the USS Constitution during the War of 1812 when she become locked in a fight against the HMS Guerriere. During the battle the cannon balls from the Guerriere bounced off the side of the USS Constitution and one of her crew members yelled "Huzzah, her sides are made of iron!". Thus the nickname and legend of Old Iron sides was born. What made her unique was her construction and the mix of wood used in it. Some of the wood only indigenous in the American South making it a unique and versatile wood for ship building. This mix of traditional and unique wood gave her sides more rigidity and strength against cannon fire.

So what would the game mode be?

A Team of 12 ww2 tier 8-10 navy ships against one USS Constitution. The difference being the traits of the USS Constitution would be ridiculous. Besides stupidly strong armor, her guns would be equivalent to BB guns (she had 44). Her speed would be that of like a DD, same with maneuverability. She would have AA which would be her rail guns given top tier AA specs.

She would basically be a nigh unstoppable ship that would require the whole team to beat. But that's the point. The ship has gained infamy and having a fun encounter where you fight a roided up USS Constitution  seems like it would be the perfect amount of silly and homage.

Thoughts?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,611 posts
14,660 battles

World of Warships Pre-Dreadnoughts Ships of the Line

[CWM]
[CWM]
Members
609 posts
6,288 battles

This sounds like fun. 

I still want a Yamato CV operation where you have to play a CV and destroy the Yamato before the surface ship task force arrives.  

They’d need to use a buffed up version of Yamato otherwise it’d be a pretty easy operation. 

Members
1,739 posts
10,757 battles
30 minutes ago, pikohan said:

They really should have made t1 boats this.

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,335 posts
1,977 battles
37 minutes ago, pikohan said:

Honestly that in and of itself would be an amazing game. There's enough variety is sailing warships to make it happen.

10 minutes ago, Patosentado said:

I would love see that.

For more power that can be Santa Ana Vs Victory Also.

I had also considered the history. That would be more of a add three existing sailing ships Korean turtle, HMS victory, and USS constitution as event ships and create special battles.

15 minutes ago, I_Potato_Ther4_I_Yam said:

This sounds like fun. 

I still want a Yamato CV operation where you have to play a CV and destroy the Yamato before the surface ship task force arrives.  

They’d need to use a buffed up version of Yamato otherwise it’d be a pretty easy operation. 

They need more variety in naval operations battles period.

• Cool 1

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,441 battles

Such a vivid imagination, misplaced but vivid. I suggest you try Talon Soft titles Age of Sail and Age of Sail 2. You can pit any ship v any other with the design your own scenario feature. You can also edit the oob data file to change any ships nationality, max speed, turning rate, hull/rigging hit points, size/number of cannon and crew size/quality. Also for online play Naval Battles on Steam. There are likely more that I am not aware of. Some of the Pirate themed titles on Steam appear to be interesting.

@otakuben Some things are best left as is. You could always develop your own game and perhaps make a great deal of money rather than having others profit off your imagination.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,469 battles
1 hour ago, otakuben said:

So I love the unique and interesting game modes that come out so often. I'd like to suggest one that I think would be fun.

The Old Ironsides Battle mode

For those who don't know (this is the NA server so I'd be surprised who doesn't know) Old Ironsides was a nickname given to the USS Constitution during the War of 1812 when she become locked in a fight against the HMS Guerriere. During the battle the cannon balls from the Guerriere bounced off the side of the USS Constitution and one of her crew members yelled "Huzzah, her sides are made of iron!". Thus the nickname and legend of Old Iron sides was born. What made her unique was her construction and the mix of wood used in it. Some of the wood only indigenous in the American South making it a unique and versatile wood for ship building. This mix of traditional and unique wood gave her sides more rigidity and strength against cannon fire.

So what would the game mode be?

A Team of 12 ww2 tier 8-10 navy ships against one USS Constitution. The difference being the traits of the USS Constitution would be ridiculous. Besides stupidly strong armor, her guns would be equivalent to BB guns (she had 44). Her speed would be that of like a DD, same with maneuverability. She would have AA which would be her rail guns given top tier AA specs.

She would basically be a nigh unstoppable ship that would require the whole team to beat. But that's the point. The ship has gained infamy and having a fun encounter where you fight a roided up USS Constitution  seems like it would be the perfect amount of silly and homage.

Thoughts?

And after that an event with the New Ironside !   One of the first ironside ocean going USN ships .

:Smile_honoring:

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,335 posts
1,977 battles
16 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

And after that an event with the New Ironside !   One of the first ironside ocean going USN ships .

:Smile_honoring:

To this I say yes. All the yes!

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,427 posts
14,165 battles

I always thought that a great April Fools would be to load into the match and your ship would be the Monitor or the Virginia on a special map, remember both ships did a peel the skin off your face four knots. Your selected ship would be in your port with all flags and consumables still on it so nothing would be lost and the results of the special match would have no impact on your stats.

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,335 posts
1,977 battles
36 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I always thought that a great April Fools would be to load into the match and your ship would be the Monitor or the Virginia on a special map, remember both ships did a peel the skin off your face four knots. Your selected ship would be in your port with all flags and consumables still on it so nothing would be lost and the results of the special match would have no impact on your stats.

This would be a fun April fool's. I mean they are metal warships after all.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,427 posts
14,165 battles
5 minutes ago, otakuben said:

This would be a fun April fool's. I mean they are metal warships after all.

Well, they are ironclad warships.