Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11C4O

Des Memes

4 comments in this topic

Members
438 posts
202 battles

Does anybody have a pic or a meme for the Des Moines? I just fired my front turrets at a Moskva 6 shells 6 Citadels. 

PM me or clog up this post either way Des Memes is LOL in the right situation.

[PVE]
Members
6,173 posts
22,432 battles
1 hour ago, IronMike11C4O said:

Does anybody have a pic or a meme for the Des Moines? I just fired my front turrets at a Moskva 6 shells 6 Citadels. 

PM me or clog up this post either way Des Memes is LOL in the right situation.

No screenshot unfortunately & no camo for DM but have many similar occurences in the sister Salem (would that be Salememes?).

[WOLF3]
Members
27,081 posts
23,857 battles

It's not a universally, easy to use Cruiser like the more straight forward IJN, French, German Cruisers.  Hell USN CAs just play differently.

Ignore a DM at your risk.  You let one live long enough to get a good position, it's just as bad as letting a CL do the same to rain fire down on you at a relentless rate.  The 5.5 seconds base reload is just as fast as all other CLs, minus Atlanta, Worcester, and Minotaur.  Worse, you got larger 203mm shells so you don't even need IFHE and can use the 4 pts for something else, whereas CLs have the unwritten rule to take IFHE as a standard trait.  But it's really all about the AP.  You get the surprise on someone, or range + position advantage, the AP can work damage real quickly.

The Legendary is pretty good.  First it doesn't take CSM1 in Slot 5.  It's in Slot 6, so you have to give up MBM3.  But the benefits you get in ship handling are insane and IMO worth the reload buff loss from not taking MBM3.  This is one of the few Legendaries where the trade off is quite good.  Most other Legendary Upgrades I consider "Legendary Downgrades" and DM's isn't one of the "Downgrades."

Really, the only thing holding DM back from being an absolutely game breaking monster is her Citadel and protection scheme.  USN CAs have very exposed Citadels.  High Tier they got the 27mm bow which is great against the many 380mm armed BBs of High Tier, which are there are an increasing amount of.  But once you break into 406mm AP then they can Overmatch you.  Once a BB that DM-class engages with has 406mm+ AP, the game's afoot and it suddenly becomes quite scary for DM-class.  The Overmatch is a very real concern and then the very exposed Citadel of the class becomes an achilles heel.

https://imgur.com/a/ptsA4nS

The ship is a funny experience.  There are times where you feel quite powerful and King of the World.

I remember playing in a dense map area with islands and 2 Bismarcks came in after me.  1 USN CA with no torpedoes vs 2 BBs?  Easy for the BBs to kill is what they thought, and what I expected them to assume.  They came in all confident.  I positioned my DM so that islands were protecting my sides and I was bow on.  I hammered the Bismarcks when they entered my playground with a relentless stream of 203mm AP.  As expected, they were trying to switch their angles to show more sides so they could fire their Secondaries at me.

I smiled.

I anticipated that and was ready for it with DM-class 203mm SHS AP.  Aimed right at the base of the superstructure and my damage output spiked up more and more as the AP pens were far more than what I was getting with HE.

The Bismarcks, watching them sail started to panic.  Blood was in the water.  One freaks out from the AP and beaches itself, the other uses the opportunity to turn away and run.  I finish the beached Bismarck off and then kick off the pursuit to finish the other fleeing Bismarck.

The other experience is when you have to fight a 406mm+ armed BB.  More than anything you are banking on them missing you because 406mm+ AP Overmatches you at all angles and that tall Citadel becomes a real issue.  My DM vs a 380mm armed BB?  I'll take my chances with DM any day.  But even a simple Tier VIII Amagi or North Carolina that shows up with their 410mm / 406mm AP?  That's a different threat altogether and they're far more dangerous.  Any single one of their AP can get that chance to rip a huge amount of HP off you.  All such armed BBs need is RNG to bless them with a tight enough salvo and you're losing 1/2 or 3/4 your HP in one attack.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[DFNT]
Beta Testers
21 posts
1,595 battles

I call her the Des Moist. That's about the only meme I got, other than ap into the side of Salem users. 

Sign in to follow this