You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Daveyjones_Dad

team damage penaties

40 comments in this topic

[NOTRG]
[NOTRG]
Members
13 posts
1,698 battles

they really need to rethink the teamdamage parameters , not all team damage is the fault of the penalized player many times it is the fault of players moving across the map oblivious to their surroundings many times veiwing only thru the targeting scope, torps and gun rounds cannot be recalled or controlled once fired if said torp/shell is evaded by a player and another player sails right into it how is it the players fault that launched the weapon?  especially since you get a torp warning and with most ships you have ample time to evade most times ... 

• Funny 1
  • Boring 10

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,592 posts

You are responsible for your ammo.  If a friendly might possibly be hit by your torps or shells, do not fire.

• Cool 2

[SIM]
Members
4,935 posts
8,014 battles

Your weapons are your responsibility. If those weapons hit a friendly ship then it’s your fault, period. 

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,583 posts
4 minutes ago, Daveyjones_Dad said:

players moving across the map oblivious to their surroundings many times veiwing only thru the targeting scope, torps and gun rounds cannot be recalled or controlled once fired

and this is why it is 100% on you to police your own torps, or wear the temporary pink ship of shame for your actions.

[NOTRG]
[NOTRG]
Members
13 posts
1,698 battles

in that case torps should only be used at minmal range/ sure thing  is that what your saying? it would be differant if torps were invisible but they are not they are well marked , i am sorry but if i come around a island and hit your torp from a missed shot it is all my fault not yours 

[A-D-F]
7,592 posts
2 minutes ago, Daveyjones_Dad said:

in that case torps should only be used at minmal range/ sure thing  is that what your saying? it would be differant if torps were invisible but they are not they are well marked , i am sorry but if i come around a island and hit your torp from a missed shot it is all my fault not yours 

You are responsible for your ammo in this game.  If something leaves your ship, it is your responsibility.

[A-D-F]
7,592 posts

penalized for players with zero situational awareness

One can not currently program a video game to know what a human is thinking. 

[A-D-F]
7,592 posts

just sad being penalized for the blind and inattentive

It's no different than real life. 

If a warship torpedoed one of their own friendlies, the fault would be applied in the same manner.  It's not up to a friendly to "get out of the way".

[A-D-F]
7,592 posts
1 minute ago, Daveyjones_Dad said:

lol if you want to apply real life rules then many things in the game should change lol , but i see what your saying 

There are also some players who will go out of their way to purposefully run into your torps if they can. 

Not saying that is right, just saying this is the internet.  Not giving them the opportunity is best for everyone.

[NOTRG]
[NOTRG]
Members
13 posts
1,698 battles

armored warfare used to have the team damage parameter set so if you hit  any team member more than once then you caught a 1 hour ban , it could be done here as well

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,442 battles

@Daveyjones_Dad You launched it, you fired it. you own it. No other player is responsible for your actions nor to avoid your torps or rounds.

There are no Team Damage/Team Killing Penalties applied unless you persistently cause TD/TK. 

What you receive are unsporting conduct warnings and turn pink for a few battles. The penalty for persistent violations is having the damage caused reflected to your ship and then being turned orange and restricted to co op only for a greater number of battles. The penalty for persistence then is additional co op restricted battles and or suspensions or banning.

The only RETHINKING needed must be done by YOU!

• Cool 2

[REVY]
Members
2,287 posts
12,285 battles
49 minutes ago, Daveyjones_Dad said:

they really need to rethink the teamdamage parameters , not all team damage is the fault of the penalized player many times it is the fault of players moving across the map oblivious to their surroundings many times veiwing only thru the targeting scope, torps and gun rounds cannot be recalled or controlled once fired if said torp/shell is evaded by a player and another player sails right into it how is it the players fault that launched the weapon?  especially since you get a torp warning and with most ships you have ample time to evade most times ... 

42 minutes ago, Daveyjones_Dad said:

40 minutes ago, Daveyjones_Dad said:

penalized for players with zero situational awareness

38 minutes ago, Daveyjones_Dad said:

#1 as has been said, you fired them, you own them.

#2 If you are firing torps and hitting teammates, maybe it is you who needs better situational awareness.

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
3,715 posts
21,733 battles
1 hour ago, Daveyjones_Dad said:

Weren't you being blind and inattentive by firing torps that could hit a teammate?

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

Oh look, it's that thing with the easy and simple solution that some people loudly oppose because they need to be able to kill their teammates.

• Boring 1

Members
5,263 posts
9,965 battles

The game can't decide who is "responsible" so it uses common sense.  Though both get penalized and fined.

[WPORT]
Members
5,502 posts
10,527 battles
3 hours ago, Burnsy said:

You are responsible for your ammo.  If a friendly might possibly be hit by your torps or shells, do not fire.

Yep.

As a person who has worn the pink "Breast cancer awareness" camo several times, I agree with this principle.
Each of my mistakes has helped me learn to be a better player.

[NOTRG]
[NOTRG]
Members
13 posts
1,698 battles

lol ok so what you are all saying is if there is a chance that another player my be damaged by a shot we should not fire , so i should sit back and do nothing as long as there are friendlies around the target ? because i have countless recordings of matches where shots are fired from a BB at distance and a player has sailed into the shots , same with torps i fire torps a wide open shot and some cruiser or destroyer sails thru and eats the torps so by your logic do not fire if a team mate can be hit ...... how about the cruisers and destroyers stay out of the line of fire ? i mean really when is the last time you watched a sea battle and the destroyer was within 20m of the enemy lol sorry you get hit your to close, play your ships roll and pay attention  

Members
206 posts
2,310 battles
On 8/11/2019 at 10:10 AM, Daveyjones_Dad said:

in that case torps should only be used at minmal range/ sure thing  is that what your saying?

No... that is not what is being said.   What is being said that one should check the line of fire BEFORE you side ordnance down range.    Launching torps from behind ships on the 'front line' or into a 'fur ball' of ships maneuvering to get guns on each other is the first mistake in the chain of causality that leads to hitting a team mate.   Launching torps from behind friendly ships should only be attempted if one is on voice comms with your mates and the line of shot can be communicated BEFORE the angry fish are in the water.   If one's intent cannot be communicated via voice before the shot, check fire.  Simple as that.   Mistakes will happen in the heat with guns or torps.  Own it and move on.