Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Potato_Weekend_Warrior

Latest Events are Complete Ripoff

12 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
21 posts
6,254 battles

Hey captains,

What is going on with latest "events" and premium ship policies in general? First WG lets us purchase various flags that improve credit and free XP collection, then they make those resources almost irrelevant by hiding best ships under another paywall, and come up with these "events" that trick us into spending more money instead of just opening whole line with free xp... I've just finished this dumb French destroyers tokens collection and only then I realized that for spending actual money and tens of hours to collect those tokens, I get  "privilege" to spend more money on random bundles that might drop a tier 9 destroyer, maybe, for mere $100 .... 

After spending so much money and time on this game I feel like an idiot.... Is this how WG wants to "reward" players who have been with them since beginning? From now on I will not spend a single dime. 

Is anybody else feeling similarly? 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Confused 3
  • Boring 2

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,611 posts
14,660 battles

I already don't spend money ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,578 posts

1) 'best ships'. highly debatable.

2) 'Paywall'. or time-gated... you could just wait a couple of weeks and have full access to all of them.

Members
4,313 posts
4,580 battles

I already had my early access. That's right, this long time player beat all of you by earning Aigle before the armory was a thing. Its okay for all of you to be jealous of me. I would be too. :Smile-_tongue::Smile_trollface:

Edited by Yoshiblue

[TORCH]
Members
594 posts
14,836 battles
9 minutes ago, pikohan said:

I already don't spend money ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Go to the head of the class!

Well, one caveat.  I wouldn't say, "don't spend ANY money", because WG DOES have to make money or the game won't continue.  That is the one thing that would fulfill the prophesies of impending doom of the "game is gonna die" folks.

But...very true that you don't HAVE to spend money on the game.  And I personally spend a LITTLE money, from time to time, but never on things like containers, or ships, or a chance of winning something.  In fact, the only thing I've ever spent money on is doubloons, which I spend very carefully, mostly on port slots, and even then only when they go on sale.

Beta Testers
21 posts
6,254 battles
21 minutes ago, Dareios said:

1) 'best ships'. highly debatable.

2) 'Paywall'. or time-gated... you could just wait a couple of weeks and have full access to all of them.

1. In hands of a good player, Colbert and Pobeda are way OP. I thought that they will be distributed via normal ways, but this progress reset crap basically means that these ships will cost 100s of dollars or hundreds of hours of game time. 

2. Just like it has been going on since this game became a thing. Now these events are just another way to basically tease money out of our pockets. 

Beta Testers
21 posts
6,254 battles
6 minutes ago, Midshipman_Hornblower said:

Go to the head of the class!

Well, one caveat.  I wouldn't say, "don't spend ANY money", because WG DOES have to make money or the game won't continue.  That is the one thing that would fulfill the prophesies of impending doom of the "game is gonna die" folks.

But...very true that you don't HAVE to spend money on the game.  And I personally spend a LITTLE money, from time to time, but never on things like containers, or ships, or a chance of winning something.  In fact, the only thing I've ever spent money on is doubloons, which I spend very carefully, mostly on port slots, and even then only when they go on sale.

WG is not a charity, that's obvious. I spend $20-50 once in a while as well. However, creating OP ships that are behind major pay wall (like Benham) is just evil, IMHO.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,165 battles
2 minutes ago, Ben_Dover_The_3rd said:

1. In hands of a good player, Colbert and Pobeda are way OP. I thought that they will be distributed via normal ways, but this progress reset crap basically mean that these ships will cost 100s of dollars or hundreds of hours of game time.  

2. Just like it has been going on since this game became a thing. Now these events are just another way to basically tease money out of our pockets. 

In the hands of good players any ship can be OP .

Don't grind these events then . Don't make yourself crazy just wait it out 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,636 posts
38 minutes ago, Ben_Dover_The_3rd said:

Hey captains,

What is going on with latest "events" and premium ship policies in general?

I've got two DDs, 70 million credits, and a load of consumables, just for playing the game over the past few days. I see no reason to complain. I play for free too because I don't really have a lot of money to spare, most of it going to things like insurance, gas, and food.

[SALVO]
Members
24,801 posts
25,884 battles
53 minutes ago, Ben_Dover_The_3rd said:

Hey captains,

What is going on with latest "events" and premium ship policies in general? First WG lets us purchase various flags that improve credit and free XP collection, then they make those resources almost irrelevant by hiding best ships under another paywall, and come up with these "events" that trick us into spending more money instead of just opening whole line with free xp... I've just finished this dumb French destroyers tokens collection and only then I realized that for spending actual money and tens of hours to collect those tokens, I get  "privilege" to spend more money on random bundles that might drop a tier 9 destroyer, maybe, for mere $100 .... 

After spending so much money and time on this game I feel like an idiot.... Is this how WG wants to "reward" players who have been with them since beginning? From now on I will not spend a single dime. 

Is anybody else feeling similarly? 

Nope, I haven't spent a dime on this particular event, and have been able to get the Jaguar and Guepard out of free French crates, and will be getting the tier 5 premium French DD Siroco as the reward for completing Directive 4 this coming week.  

I have the patience to wait for the French DD line to get released.  And mind you, I enjoy these French DDs thus far, but that's not going to get me to spend money to get tech tree ships that I can get for free a few weeks later, with patience and some grinding, which I don't mind doing.

I will say though that I do enjoy getting something like a tier 5 or 6 ship in a new tree early so I can get the grind started and so that I can skip over the low tier ships.  But that's something one can usually do by just being patient and getting a lucky drop from a free container in the event.

But spending serious money for a high tier tech tree ship early, like the Mogador?  Nope, not going to happen.

[HINON]
Members
13,260 posts

Meh there are plenty of goodies for FTP players in this event. On the other hand, WG has plenty of opportunities for those who are very eager or too impatient for the line to drop and want it now now now. I'm fine with WG getting money for this as some players get early access and the revenue keeps the game going for everyone.

Edited by RipNuN2

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,441 battles

@Ben_Dover_The_3rd There is no rip off in that you don't have to participate in any event. All you have to do is play as you normally would and reap the rewards the event provides.

No one is forcing you into spending any money at all. If you do spend any money on this game for any reason and regret it that is 100% on you. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this