You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Thornir

Directive #3?! Holy cow, that's a lot of credits!

79 comments in this topic

[RG]
Members
2,894 posts
7,003 battles

You have to earn 18 MILLION credits to clear this thing. even at 250k per battle, that's 36 games. 72 at a more likely 125k per game pace.

Jesus on a unicycle. Who's got that kind of time? IF I ever clear this thing and don't get a ship mission, Imma be pissed.

Oh, and you cant use the French ships for the missions, until you GET the french ships FROM the missions! AND, not all of them can be used.

I think WG is trying to get me to buy crates...

Edited by Thornir
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,012 posts
22,572 battles

Normally I wouldn't mind a few missions to collect credits but the whole freaking directive filled with that only was just stupid. Took one look and not messing with it. The good thing is the prize isn't anything I want so missions like this make it very easy not to play and even easier not to spend money. If I didn't have premium time, I wouldn't even bother logging in when stuff like this was going on. 

The entire French event is just a waste of time. The ships are pathetic and uninteresting, the prizes are "meh" at best and the grind is what it always is. Wargaming seems unable to come up with interesting ways to put events together and just rehash what they have always done. I think they are stuck in a rut, their product shows that pretty clearly.  The game is just boring. 

I did have one moment of excitement today. Played enough to get my second crate instead of bailing on the game after completing my first Daily Mission. When I selected the crate and hit "open", there was an odd delay, I got super excited thinking something was going to happen like a super container.. It was just a bit of network lag......... Several hours playing the game and the only exciting bit of all that was some lag.................... 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 5
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 2

[WOLF7]
Members
12,597 posts
13 minutes ago, Thornir said:

You have to earn 18 MILLION credits to clear this thing. even at 250k per battle, that's 36 games. 72 at a more likely 125k per game pace.

Jesus on a unicycle. Who's got that kind of time? IF I ever clear this thing and don't get a ship mission, Imma be pissed.

Oh, and you cant use the French ships for the missions, until you GET the french ships FROM the missions! AND, not all of them can be used.

Of course they are trying to to get you to buy...:Smile_trollface:

Unless you have premiums in 6 nations, and have camo and flags to burn, it will be a nightmare.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,012 posts
22,572 battles
8 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Of course they are trying to to get you to buy...:Smile_trollface:

Unless you have premiums in 6 nations, and have camo and flags to burn, it will be a nightmare.

I have all that crap with premium time on top... Still not going to mess with it... It is all just exhausting, they should have mixed those in with the other missions instead of all at once. 

[EQRN]
Members
2,030 posts
17,490 battles

The Scenario of the week when the directive started was Aegis, which could yield very good credit earnings with a high chance of winning.  I got most of the Directive done with those.  Then Defense of Newport rolled in, and that is one frustrating Op.

Edited by FrodoFraggin

[RG]
Members
2,894 posts
7,003 battles
7 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

The Scenario of the week when the directive started was Aegis, which could yield very good credit earnings with a high chance of winning.  I got most of the Directive done with those.  Then Defense of Newport rolled in, and that is one frustrating Op.

Yeah...but 18 MILLION Credits? That's a T10 and change in a matter of a few days. WTAF?

[PVE]
Members
11,838 posts
24,524 battles
43 minutes ago, Thornir said:

Yes it is a lot but at least it is less than the similar PEF event/directive stage which was 4 Million for 6 nations = 24 Million.

IF you have premium ships and flags/camo it isn't that bad. I did it all in Co-op in  3 days (Mon-Wed).

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[0456]
Members
3,618 posts
9,586 battles
2 minutes ago, Thornir said:

Yeah...but 18 MILLION Credits? That's a T10 and change in a matter of a few days. WTAF?

And for the 4 people who still play the game who are short on credits I guess that's good... but wow. And then as I scanned through many of the rewards for individual accomplishments it was more credits... and a few had containers. I don't know what spreadsheet they're looking at that makes any of this look attractive but I think they're looking at it upside down. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,582 posts
8 minutes ago, Thornir said:

I wish, he says, having just bought a Hak for 24 mill, and needing another 10 mill more for upgrades and modules.

[PVE]
Members
11,838 posts
24,524 battles
2 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

And for the 4 people who still play the game who are short on credits I guess that's good... but wow. And then as I scanned through many of the rewards for individual accomplishments it was more credits... and a few had containers. I don't know what spreadsheet they're looking at that makes any of this look attractive but I think they're looking at it upside down. 

IKR. 300K credits as your reward for grinding 3 Million credits. Priceless WG philosophy. :Smile_facepalm::Smile_veryhappy:

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,176 posts
9,512 battles

Well certain nations are certainly easier to complete if say you have Missouri or even Atlanta doing Narai with all the credit flags (even made 2.1 million credits in one Narai game with the Atlanta)

[PVE]
Members
11,838 posts
24,524 battles
3 minutes ago, Dareios said:

I wish, he says, having just bought a Hak for 24 mill, and needing another 10 mill more for upgrades and modules.

14.4 Million credits needed in total for the T10 CV's. 

7.5 Million to purchase your 3 upgraded plane squads (add 2.5 Million more on Midway if you want to buy the extra rocket plane squad so you have both) and then 6.9 Million for the 1-6 upgrade slots.

And don't forget you need to earn 114,000 more XP after getting Hakuryu to research the plane upgrades. It's 152,000 XP on Midway as there is a 4th plane group to research (rocket squad option)

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[EQRN]
Members
2,030 posts
17,490 battles
4 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Exactly why I don't have the time to evaluate the PT.

And that’s an excellent point, WG wants people on the PTS and then hands us these Directives.  WGs left hand needs to start talking to its right hand.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
11,838 posts
24,524 battles
5 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

Well certain nations are certainly easier to complete if say you have Missouri or even Atlanta doing Narai with all the credit flags (even made 2.1 million credits in one Narai game with the Atlanta)

Yeah, you gotta love Missouri for these credit tasks. 4 Co-op games in Missouri and 1 in Georgia did the 3 Million US task for me in part 3.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,582 posts
2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

14.4 Million credits needed in total for the T10 CV's. 

7.5 Million to purchase your 3 upgraded plane squads (add 2.5 Million more on Midway if you want to buy the extra rocket plane squad so you have both) and then 6.9 Million for the 1-6 upgrade slots.

And don't forget you need to earn 114,000 more XP after getting Hakuryu to research the plane upgrades. It's 152 Million on Midway as there is a 4th plane group to research (rocket squad option)

Cc21.JPG.7d3ddc53c6fec5e4b6e6ab1a85586fc0.JPG

[TBW]
Members
10,290 posts
17,483 battles
26 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I made the mistake of going for the French Flakes while Aegis was there. I hope Narai is next on Wednesday, you can still finish directive #3 while working on #4 at least.

[EQRN]
Members
2,030 posts
17,490 battles
16 minutes ago, Thornir said:

It does sound like a lot, but I was routinely having half mil games using only Hunter camo and the 20% signal, no dragon signals.  Having decent T6s across 4 nations made them a cake walk.  I only have the QE for the Brit’s and Shinonme for the Japs - I won’t bring a DD into a Scenario, so the Japanese portion of the directive was the most tedious of the lot.

[CK5]
Members
1,373 posts
14,342 battles

I looked at the time commitment and the offered rewards and decided to just ignore the event completely.  The fun factor was missing. 

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
2,012 posts
6,198 battles

In all my time playing wows, since closed beta, I have never completed an event ever.  It feels great to play the game when I want for how long I want.

Edited by eviltane
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
11,838 posts
24,524 battles
8 minutes ago, Dareios said:

Cc21.JPG.7d3ddc53c6fec5e4b6e6ab1a85586fc0.JPG

I know what it costs. I have it (and Midway and Audacious).

I am/was talking about what is needed for the upgrades AFTER you get it. You said you already had it so that is a moot point. You then said you needed 10 Million credits for the upgrades. I was pointing out you actually need 14.4 Million credits and a butt load more XP after getting it. Thought that was clear. My apologies.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[0456]
Members
3,618 posts
9,586 battles
9 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

IKR. 300K credits as your reward for grinding 3 Million credits. Priceless WG philosophy. :Smile_facepalm::Smile_veryhappy:

I guess in theory the reward is actually 3.3 million credits... which can then be dumped in a pile on the rest of them since there are few things they can be spent on once you have the ships you want. I don't play much anymore- at least not like I used to and I'm still sitting on almost 800 million credits. I can't put them in a Clan bank account to help newer members... I can't buy any other useful resource with them... 

People who are new to the game don't have the distribution of ship nations, credit bonus camos, signals at tiers where even taking a stab at the event isn't anything other than just an excruciatingly slow form of suicide... so it doesn't benefit new players in the least- the same people who need the credits more than anyone. 

[IHW]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
259 posts

now im kinda glad I took a break from this game a few months ago as its kinda going off the deep end now. Maybe in the new year it will look better thats when ill be coming back.

[0456]
Members
3,618 posts
9,586 battles
12 minutes ago, DemonW0lf said:

now im kinda glad I took a break from this game a few months ago as its kinda going off the deep end now. Maybe in the new year it will look better thats when ill be coming back.

That's what I said last October... And here we are. 

But I did come back, and I'm still playing now... I don't think this nonsense is every going to end but your tolerance for it can be recharged. 

[RG]
Members
2,894 posts
7,003 battles
30 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

And that’s an excellent point, WG wants people on the PTS and then hands us these Directives.  WGs left hand needs to start talking to its right hand.

They don't really want you on the PTS. They want to appear like player input matters, but - in this regard - they know what they are doing.