Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Ahab1776

Sea of Fortune map

6 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,578 posts
15,666 battles

Hello fellow WoW/WG community. I have a question for some secrets to success to the Sea of Fortune map. Not at computer so no screen shot. It is the map with the B cap circle is inside the A cap circle and C is to itself to the east.

Thanks in advance!

[SALVO]
Members
24,792 posts
25,856 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Hello fellow WoW/WG community. I have a question for some secrets to success to the Sea of Fortune map. Not at computer so no screen shot. It is the map with the B cap circle is inside the A cap circle and C is to itself to the east.

Thanks in advance!

The layout you're describing for Sea of Fortune is the Clan Battles version of the map.  The normal randoms version of the maps has three distinct (not overlapping) caps, that are west, center, and east.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,578 posts
15,666 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

The layout you're describing for Sea of Fortune is the Clan Battles version of the map.  The normal randoms version of the maps has three distinct (not overlapping) caps, that are west, center, and east.

Yes, and it is laid out that way in ranked when it is in the line up in that mode as well.

[SALVO]
Members
24,792 posts
25,856 battles
15 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Yes, and it is laid out that way in ranked when it is in the line up in that mode as well.

Yeah, I was thinking it might be, but wasn't certain.

With that spawn layout, you can try to take A cap on the west edge of the cap and keep the tall islands blocking fire from the east.  Of course, the other team can do the same thing.  

However, the B cap requires you to be more exposed, since it's entirely on the east side of those two tall islands.  One can try to take the C cap, and then forcibly take the B cap with fire support from the C area.  But you always have to be aware that an enemy ship that's in the west edge of A cap can shoot its guns through the gap if you try to take B cap from the N or S.  That is, if the enemy is on the SW side of A cap, it can get firing angles to shoot at your ship if you're on the N edge of B cap; and vice-versa.  But if you try to take B cap from the east, an enemy ship on the other side of those two tall islands either has to get in the gap between them to get a firing angle, or maybe he has support further west who can shoot spotted enemies on B.

All in all, trying to take B cap can be a real mess, unless you have the enemy team either badly out of position to defend it or your team has an edge in numbers of ships.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,578 posts
15,666 battles
13 minutes ago, Crucis said:

All in all, trying to take B cap can be a real mess, unless you have the enemy team either badly out of position to defend it or your team has an edge in numbers of ships

Yeah, that map and cap circle layout is a challenge. I've come to the conclusion defensive position with radar ships and patience seems to work good. With good positioning of course. It's just one that when I see it loaded up I instantly go *sigh* lol

[CVLUL]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,420 posts
13,445 battles
4 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Thanks in advance!

I have a lot of videos up on this map because we end up playing it a lot.

I prefer the A/B cap arrangement as it pulls more attention to the map center leaving better flanking opportunities.  The key to winning this map lies first with good cross fire, especially from your BB(s).  The map encourages pushing that exposes cross map broadside shots all over the place.  Nuking something as ships are getting into position will always net a big advantage.

Second is map control and vision control.  There are plenty of islands where a ship can stealth fire if a spotter spots for them.  Use this to bully ships out of critical positions like radar positions around the caps.  The idea here is to herd the enemy into one quarter of the map nice and easy.  That makes taking the caps easy in mid to late game.

Hope this helps.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this