You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Legio_X_

Rank is just a [edited] show

61 comments in this topic

Members
2,439 posts
5,370 battles

You either get on good teams and the experience is awesome or you get placed on bad teams and it's vise versa. Endless, win 1-2 games, lose 1-2 games, and the vicious circle keeps on turning. I really don't see how people get all the way to rank 1. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,674 posts
12,382 battles
3 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

You either get on good teams and the experience is awesome or you get placed on bad teams and it's vise versa. Endless, win 1-2 games, lose 1-2 games, and the vicious circle keeps on turning. I really don't see how people get all the way to rank 1. 

• Sync dropping
  • Dummy accounts to throw games

Beware of anyone on you team with names like qqttuurr --- or instantly doing VERY bad or sailing away from the fight.

Edited by LadyAnesjka
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 3

[TSG4B]
Members
222 posts
6,098 battles

It always is a S*** show... and a salty one at that.

I usually wait a week or two, then work up to Rank 15 before I quit.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
10,290 posts
17,484 battles

It took how many seasons to figure that out? It is really good for grinding ships at whatever tier Ranked is, except of course when it's tier 10. Up, down, up, down, up, down, it exercises your happiness and your frustrations. Save a star now and again, exercises Hope.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,379 posts
20,047 battles
21 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

It's a different game than randoms and it's a completely different game with 6 versus 6

I've played 1000s of ranked battles you start to see patterns,  depending on what ships you're playing makes a big difference this season battleships contribute but cruiser are scared and destroyers have a big influence on the game,   Remember with 6 ships you need to really contribute and any losses dramatically swing the scales

I remember it use to take me hundreds of games to get to rank out but practice makes perfect

it's not easy and yet you're gonna have teams that choke that you're either gonna have to carry or play another game because of

but all in all it's still a better game than randoms

18 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:
  • Sync dropping
  • Dummy accounts to throw games

Beware of anyone on you team with names like qqttuurr --- or instantly doing VERY bad or sailing away from the fight.

Meh

Sync dropping only works half the time so not really a big thing

And while I'm sure it does happen again not really a viable option for dummy accounts because half the time they end up on your own team anyways

[RG]
Members
2,894 posts
7,003 battles
6 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

Sync dropping only works half the time so not really a big thing

And while I'm sure it does happen again not really a viable option for dummy accounts because half the time they end up on your own team anyways

You speak as though from experience.

Disturbing.

• Boring 2

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,719 posts
12,636 battles

I stopped putting my hand on the hot stove. Stop putting yours on the hot stove and you'll stop getting burned. Let the numbers playing that mess drop like a brick.

• Cool 1

[0456]
Members
3,627 posts
9,586 battles
24 minutes ago, Darksaint1071 said:

It always is a S*** show... and a salty one at that.

I usually wait a week or two, then work up to Rank 15 before I quit.

I subscribe to this as well... There's a bit of a trick to picking a time when some of the chaff has gotten frustrated and left but there are still some competent players pushing through. Wait too long and the gap closes under the weight of ignorance but if you time it right you enjoy a relatively painless grind to rank 10-15.

That's been my experience, anyway.  

• Cool 1

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,379 posts
20,047 battles
1 minute ago, Thornir said:

Disturbing.

Only the experience of playing this for last 3 years

Most the time I've seen Sync dropping with carriers trying to do it with any other ship gotta be a waste time

I have tried to drop with teammates and again at only works half the time most the time I end up killing my own clan member which is fun too,  especially if it's @Ducati_Black  Because he always pushes me to be better

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,258 posts
2 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

Only the experience of playing this for last 3 years

Most the time I've seen Sync dropping with carriers trying to do it with any other ship gotta be a waste time

I have tried to drop with teammates and again at only works half the time most the time I end up killing my own clan member which is fun too,  especially if it's @Ducati_Black  Because he always pushes me to be better

That is Ducati of color, you vile racist.

• Funny 3
  • Boring 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,659 posts

I enjoy the smaller team side of Ranked because the individual can do a lot more to contribute to a win. I generally stop at rank 10 when I get the two-star flag. I've found that I'm really not good enough to proceed much farther.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,014 posts
22,576 battles

Ranked is no different than normal PvP. Just hide behind rocks and when you take fire, run away. Same old crap only with fewer players and smaller maps. It isn't anything interesting, it isn't any more/less fun than PvP. The only advantages to Ranked is same tier MM and smaller teams. I think loads of people hate it because they are not beating up on lower tier ships so they don't do as well as normal  Random games. This season has the added advantage of no carriers so there is that....... 

The other problem many players have with Ranked is there are no divisions. You figure there are loads of people playing divisioned up with friends and when you remove that advantage, they do far worse with just random people. I think adding divisions to Ranked Sprint was an awful idea and find the idea of giving advantages like this in a competitive mode is repugnant. 

• Cool 2
  • Confused 1

[A-I-M]
Members
3,048 posts
13,308 battles
2 minutes ago, Thornir said:

Disturbing.

That response is poorly thought out. Disturbing. And that is because @silverdahc ‘s analysis is not really wrong, but is a little “shoot from the hip” on the numbers.

For example, Carrier sync drops with dummy accounts worked at high tiers because of the 1 vs 1 limit.

Sync drops of other classes would have a 12/23 chance of success , or 52.2% likelihood of success.

But in a 6 vs. 6 format, the odds of a successful drop go to 6/11, or 54.5%. That’s getting into meaningful territory.

All this is based on their being only one possible fame to drop into, and exactly enough people to fill that one game - no chance to be left out or to split into different games.

At lower-demand times, this is often accurate.

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,189 posts
26 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

but all in all it's still a better game than randoms

not really this season, so far seems to be mostly wallet warriors in preemies

• Boring 2

[RG]
Members
2,894 posts
7,003 battles
3 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

That response is poorly thought out. Disturbing. And that is because @silverdahc ‘s analysis is not really wrong, but is a little “shoot from the hip” on the numbers.

For example, Carrier sync drops with dummy accounts worked at high tiers because of the 1 vs 1 limit.

Sync drops of other classes would have a 12/23 chance of success , or 52.2% likelihood of success.

But in a 6 vs. 6 format, the odds of a successful drop go to 6/11, or 54.5%. That’s getting into meaningful territory.

All this is based on their being only one possible fame to drop into, and exactly enough people to fill that one game - no chance to be left out or to split into different games.

At lower-demand times, this is often accurate.

Not sure whose response you're referring to. My point is, if it is that common, it's disturbing.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,048 posts
13,308 battles
9 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I enjoy the smaller team side of Ranked because the individual can do a lot more to contribute to a win. I generally stop at rank 10 when I get the two-star flag. I've found that I'm really not good enough to proceed much farther.

And they should and really could do something about this, if they wanted - the transition from one star per rank to four stars per rank that takes place at Rank 10 makes for lots of wallowing and churning at Ranks11-9 for average to “modestly good” players.

WG could easily round off the curve over four tiers without adding or subtracting the total number of stars needed to rank out.

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,379 posts
20,047 battles
4 minutes ago, bosco1111 said:

not really this season, so far seems to be mostly wallet warriors in preemies

Maybe but they're easy to overcome I've been playing the Jutland tech tree yes still OP but anybody can have it

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,379 posts
20,047 battles
2 minutes ago, Thornir said:

Not sure whose response you're referring to. My point is, if it is that common, it's disturbing.

I don't see it very often

In fact I haven't seen it yet this season not one AFK 

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

I try to get into ranked early, when the good players are still in the low ranks.  After the first couple days, all the bads are stuck circling rank 15 or so it seems.

I get to 10, get the flag and call it a day.

[PVE]
Members
4,274 posts
18,658 battles
11 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I'm with you and have stopped playing for a few days.......  It's too much of a crap show at the moment with the Jean Bart's and Izumo's "nose camping" all game long.....  Sigh.....  Like you, I'll play to 10, if the game quality gets better, and call it a day....

[KSE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,732 posts
17,358 battles
6 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

I'm with you and have stopped playing for a few days.......  It's too much of a crap show at the moment with the Jean Bart's and Izumo's "nose camping" all game long.....  Sigh.....  Like you, I'll play to 10, if the game quality gets better, and call it a day....

Musashi is the solution to that equation, combined with some good DD play.

[KAG]
Members
154 posts
9,045 battles
1 hour ago, Legio_X_ said:

Ahh, you see the trick is to perform regardless of team. That’s how you make it to 1.  If you are/think you are team dependent it will be a loooooong season for you. 

• Cool 1

[KAG]
Members
154 posts
9,045 battles
22 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

And they should and really could do something about this, if they wanted - the transition from one star per rank to four stars per rank that takes place at Rank 10 makes for lots of wallowing and churning at Ranks11-9 for average to “modestly good” players.

WG could easily round off the curve over four tiers without adding or subtracting the total number of stars needed to rank out.

Why should they do something about this?

Lots of people enjoy ranked Sprint which is fine. I hate it.  It’s full of irrevocable ranks, there is no challenge, there are no table stakes and the play is bad.  If you enjoy this great. Have fun when your seasons roll around. 

In my opinion, big boy ranked is obviously superior as it address all of these issues. Let’s just accept that the audience for these two modes is not the same. Please WG do not try to change one into the other.   

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[USFF]
Members
434 posts
6,957 battles
1 hour ago, Legio_X_ said:

I watched our two Yugumos torp each other last night and argue in chat. Of course we lost. These types of players should not be able to play. They ruined a competitive match before both sides.