You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Powerwrecker

DEVASTATING STRIKES with Juliet Charlie flags

7 comments in this topic

[VO_0V]
Members
2 posts
3,456 battles

Not sure quite what is going on, but twice in the past two days I have used Juliet Charlie flags on my ships and I have been killed by DEVASTATING STRIKES from the enemy hitting my magazine areas. What is going on? The most recent battle where this happened was with USS North Carolina (tier 8) on 11AUG2019.

• Funny 2
  • Confused 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,160 posts
19,031 battles
4 minutes ago, Ravtec235 said:

dev strikes and detonations are two different things.

This. Detonations are your ammo storage blowing up regardless of hitpoints, dev strikes happen when you're hit by enough ordnance at the same time to chew through all your hitpoints without detonating your ammo storage.

IE, if your ammo storage gets hit by a 5000 damage shell when you have like 25.000 hitpoints left, and you fail your saving throw, your ammo storage gets detonated and you blow up regardless.

But when you have 25.000 hitpoints (out of 35.000) left and you take three 10.000 damage shells to your citadel, you've just lost all your hitpoints and are dev struck.

JC flags stop the first example, not the second.

• Cool 3

[HINON]
Members
13,272 posts

What they said above is correct. If you doubt what was said, put up the replay and we will verify.

• Cool 1

[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
990 posts

Run the flag and at 75% of your ships health one lucky shot into your magazine stores won't setoff your charges/ammo.

Devastating strikes are heavy damage taken by your ship . As Fem said through a full salvo of shells hitting your ships citadel,full spread of torpedoes on your ship or the lucky bomb penetration's from the deck.

There isn't a flag for that.

Keep the side on the NC out of  harm's way . It sounds like you got a side out too far and got punished. .

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles

If you get an achievement you were detonated, if you don't it was a dev strike. Either way you are dead, deal with it and play again.