Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Equus_Pallidus

Please Make Clan Battles go later

7 comments in this topic

[GLF]
[GLF]
Members
18 posts
13,014 battles

There's a lot of changes I'd like to see to the game, but none more than this. Please make clan battles 6 hours or maybe shift an hour. For folks in MST or PST that have families or jobs (i.e. people who are generally responsible players), it's often impossible to get online during the current times.  I know the overall levels are higher around 6 or 7 PST, but I think there are a lot of guys that are able to get online after dinner, kids put to bed, wife nods off (sorry, stereotyping here). 

Clan Battles are the best format by a long ways. Mostly because I can control the #1 variable (my team). Also no CVs. But it's just inaccessible to anyone that has responsibilities unless you are on the East Coast. 

Also for folks in that situation, they'll often spend money on the game since it's one of their few hobbies. Time is a more valuable commodity than cash to them often, but they can't get the time with that schedule, so why spend the cash?

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,152 battles

Start time is good, but I agree it needs to span 6hrs for those that want to do it.  I'm east coast, but the 830 to 1230 realm is even better for most of us.  Of course seasons / aka sunset also determines where people are likely to be if their reason is other than work. 

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,569 posts
2 hours ago, Equus_Pallidus said:

...or jobs (i.e. people who are generally responsible players)...

since CW starts for many of us at 0930 or similar, tell me again how an hour's change will make everyone happy?

[BTLST]
Members
607 posts
9,327 battles

I live in the Pacific Time Zone but to be fair to the most you need to set the start/stop time for the Central Time Zone, which I believe it is now.   Going to 6 hours a night for 4 nights a week is excessive in the eyes of most of my clan mates when we recently did clan brawls for 6 hours a night.   If anything I would keep the Wednesday, Thursday & Sunday night clan battles and cut out the Saturday night clan battle entirely.

[GLF]
[GLF]
Members
18 posts
13,014 battles

But the flip side of this  is, you don't HAVE to play CB when it's open. It's absolutely your choice to skip it. However, if someone has to say, work 8-6pm, come home cook or eat dinner, then get kids to bed by 9pm. Spend some time with the Mrs., then gets on at 10pm CST, you're SOL to play with your buddies. You might have a nice 2-3 hour window play,. 

But yes, Saturday is generally a tough night since this game's player base tends to skew older (especially outside of summer) and, at least in my clan, half the guys are 4 beers deep at their local sports bar when CB starts on Saturday. 

[GLF]
[GLF]
Members
18 posts
13,014 battles

0930? Assuming that means your in ANZAC or East Asia and playing the US server. I'm not quite as sympathetic since you could pick a different server or have your clan pick a different slot.  But still, I'd support a MUCH wider window. I'm just focused on an incremental request that WG might actually consider. 

Sign in to follow this