You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ericmopar

Wonder Why You Sometimes Lose in Co-op, No Matter How Well Your Team Plays..?

13 comments in this topic

[VN]
Members
227 posts
5,428 battles

I found one of the bot cheats, pretty graphic. lol
Look at what a Sinop's maximum HP pool is supposed to be, vs what it took for me to kill one...
Oh, and that 74k damage is what I inflicted, with 6 torpedo hits and HE from my Yorck.
Who knows if someone else might have also inflicted damage besides me. LOL

World of Warships 8_10_2019 11_20_20 PM.png

World of Warships 8_10_2019 11_20_50 PM.png

Edited by Ericmopar

[VN]
Members
227 posts
5,428 battles

Heal... maybe, but I hit it with 100% of it's HP and according to the math, the six torpedoes from a single salvo should have blown it out of the water before it could heal. I accounted for the 16% torpedo protection on the Sinop

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,174 posts
9,512 battles
7 minutes ago, Ericmopar said:

Heal... maybe, but I hit it with 100% of it's HP and according to the math, the six torpedoes from a single salvo should have blown it out of the water before it could heal. I accounted for the 16% torpedo protection on the Sinop

Damage saturation

• Cool 2

[VN]
Members
227 posts
5,428 battles

Okay, someone else explained Damage saturation to me.
Sounds like another hidden stat. Apparently a lot of ships actually have more than their advertised HP pools in reality.

That explains why some ships take a lot of hits but don't die when you expect, or exactly the opposite, they seem to die way to easily.

Edited by Ericmopar

[RLGN]
Members
14,245 posts
25,085 battles

Then you get nice, 'convienient' stupidity where it's me in and Enterprise, and the only other human in a Missouri, and the six Green bots die like dogs.

The Red bots that were still alive decide to play 'Hump the carrier,' so I run off to drag them in front of the Mo so he can get broadside shots.

Throw in a few suicide runs where my planes take off and are already under AA fire, and we wipe them out.

I'm about 1/2 health, the Mo about 3/4.

Mo already capped C, takes A, and I'm heading C.

I'm lighting the bot CV (Implacable,) up so it can get shelled, it is getting shelled, and suddenly the Mo just dies.

The Red CV had already been effectively deplaned; ONE STINKING TORPEDO PLANE flies out, gets through a Missori's AA, and dets him.

Yeah right WG; that's such a load of bovine byproducts it's not even funny.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
19,968 posts
14,258 battles
4 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

The Red CV had already been effectively deplaned; ONE STINKING TORPEDO PLANE flies out, gets through a Missori's AA, and dets him.

Yep, it can happen even in co-op. Too conveniently sometimes.

RNG and bot cheats like torp dodging, post-mortem launching and knowing when you have loaded AP are to account for the fact that their tactical AI is incapable of dealing with anything except baby seals and six year olds. Take those things away and it'd be a shooting gallery.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,459 posts

I had the opposite happen to me yesterday:  A Missou game where I was the only human.    I had landed ONE shell in the time it took the green bots to wipe out 2/3 of the reds.   After that,  the remaining bot BB's ran away from me to the furthest cap, hiding behind islands all the while.  

I had charged the B cap btw.    My bot companions just killed everything that quickly.   (and also RNG had messed with my first 3 or 4 salvos)

Ended up charging the CV and killing it, since the BB's wanted to act like scared cats.  

Plus, Shokaku totally deserved it, as he'd been focusing on me the entire match- 50 some odd plane kills, lol.

The green bot cruisers ended up wiping out the BB's anyway.

Lol- I think MM switched the bots, and put them on the wrong teams.

[PVE]
Members
11,777 posts
24,397 battles
6 hours ago, Ericmopar said:

I found one of the bot cheats, pretty graphic. lol
Look at what a Sinop's maximum HP pool is supposed to be, vs what it took for me to kill one...
Oh, and that 74k damage is what I inflicted, with 6 torpedo hits and HE from my Yorck.
Who knows if someone else might have also inflicted damage besides me. LOL

World of Warships 8_10_2019 11_20_20 PM.png

World of Warships 8_10_2019 11_20_50 PM.png

Damage saturation and/or DCP + heal. 

Even when enough torps hit to exceed a ships max HP, and taking into account TDR%, you don't always get the kill due to damage saturation. Try hitting a DD with 2-3 torps and NOT killing it then get back to me when a BB survives when it shouldn't LOL. 

Also, your torps are launched in 2 waves from Yorck and it leaves enough time in between them reaching target for the bot to hit DCP + heal. This can save it just as it does us.

Sometimes 1 torps takes out a ship (I detonated a GK with a Midway torp for example) and sometimes a whole rack of torps doesn't get it done when statistically it should.

WG = fun and engaging. :Smile_veryhappy:

If all 6 torp hits wee on the Sinop then damage saturation played into the results for sure.

[RLGN]
Members
14,245 posts
25,085 battles
25 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Damage saturation and/or DCP + heal. 

Even when enough torps hit to exceed a ships max HP, and taking into account TDR%, you don't always get the kill due to damage saturation. Try hitting a DD with 2-3 torps and NOT killing it then get back to me when a BB survives when it shouldn't LOL. 

(snip)

If all 6 torp hits wee on the Sinop then damage saturation played into the results for sure.

Somewhere out there is an infamous gif of a destroyer soaking up and surviving 12-15 point blank torpedo hits in the stern.

Most in your face visual of damage saturation I know of.

[PVE]
Members
11,777 posts
24,397 battles
40 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Somewhere out there is an infamous gif of a destroyer soaking up and surviving 12-15 point blank torpedo hits in the stern.

Most in your face visual of damage saturation I know of.

I have seen that I believe although for some reason I recall it being to the bow but whatever. I know I have had a DD come in close and I sent all my torps at it, hitting with tons of them and not killing it. I mean what??? :Smile_facepalm:

EDIT - this might be the one you mean and it is the stern as you said...

gu9C1l5.gif

• Funny 2