Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
blopplop_2019

Salvo Disperse

9 comments in this topic

[TACT]
Members
56 posts
9,158 battles

Is there a way to prevent my shots from spreading so much?   Is that a captain skill thing?

I had a couple chances to broadside another BB tonight and was bummed that my shots spread out like drunk birds in flight.  I was using my Dunkerque, but also noticed it happens quite a bit in my Tirpitz.

TIA

Members
3,585 posts
12,985 battles
12 minutes ago, blopplop_2019 said:

Is there a way to prevent my shots from spreading so much?   Is that a captain skill thing?

I had a couple chances to broadside another BB tonight and was bummed that my shots spread out like drunk birds in flight.  I was using my Dunkerque, but also noticed it happens quite a bit in my Tirpitz.

TIA

Some modules do it.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Upgrades#Main_Armaments_Modification.C2.A01

Look at those tables. Some of the modules that effect dispersion have restrictions though. 

Like Artillery Plotting Room Modification 2, only is available for T9+ USN BBs.

The Dunkerque would have the Aiming Systems Modification 1 in the slot 3 module.

Other than that. Camos (which all give the same bonus, if it has the dispersion bonus I mean). You are still gonna have those RNG moments every now and then. But just practice your aim and use these things.

The Dunk in particular, I have no experience with. So I cant really guide you.

The KM BBs just in general sometimes have wonky dispersion along with their smaller caliber shells in particular tiers. 

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma

[WOLFG]
Members
29,069 posts
8,322 battles
8 hours ago, blopplop_2019 said:

I was using my Dunkerque, but also noticed it happens quite a bit in my Tirpitz.

That's part of the issue right there.

Dunkerque is known for "meh" dispersion, and Tirpitz is infamous (like all T6+ KM BBs) for downright bad dispersion.

You need to get closer with these ships.

Members
3,100 posts
6,691 battles
11 hours ago, Skpstr said:

That's part of the issue right there.

Dunkerque is known for "meh" dispersion, and Tirpitz is infamous (like all T6+ KM BBs) for downright bad dispersion.

You need to get closer with these ships.

I actually have really good luck with Dunk. The turret's close proximity and quad gun array seems to help. 

[WOLFG]
Members
29,069 posts
8,322 battles
10 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I actually have really good luck with Dunk. The turret's close proximity and quad gun array seems to help. 

I know what you mean. Gneis has a bad rap for dispersion, but unlike the other KM BBs, I find it rarely as bad as it's supposed to be. (or as bad as the others)

Edited by Skpstr

Members
3,100 posts
6,691 battles
26 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I know what you mean. Gneis has a bad rap for dispersion, but unlike the other KM BBs, I find it rarely as bad as it's supposed to be. (or as bad as the others)

I hear you there. I got Dunk from the PTS summer season rewards, so it was something of random ship, but I use it in operations a lot, and at the ranges you see in operations, especially Aegis, and with the downtiered enemies and their lack of WASD hacking, I have blapped many cruisers and BBs with a single volley. The horizontal dispersion at under 14k seems to neatly plaster ships from bow to stern. When I was grinding the French credit objective for the event, I ran an Aegis where I insta-blapped one of the two secondary objective BBs from 10k , full broadside, with three penetrations and three citadels, which was deeply satisfying.

I only have Shiny Horse in the KM BB line, but my experience with her is that it's not awful most of the time, but occasionally you're at 8k and all you manage to do is get your target's deck wet, but fortunately, about fifteen seconds later, your secondaries are plastering him, so there's that.

[WOLFG]
Members
29,069 posts
8,322 battles
2 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

but fortunately, about fifteen seconds later, your secondaries are plastering him, so there's that.

Heh, Gneis 128mm specced for secondaries is evil at 8km....:cap_rambo:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this