You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
USMC2145

Why are top clans so toxic...??

112 comments in this topic

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,108 posts
On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:04 AM, USMC2145 said:

I was watching some streams of clan battles tonight and was noticing that many of the top clan battle clans are just toxic or insulting to less skilled clan they meet. The clans they beat will say something like GG or nice shot..etc and the response will be either toxic or insulting. I thought you top clans would be more respectful, but i see i was wrong and people wonder why clan battles is seeing a fall off of clans playing it. 

Because their parents failed.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,108 posts
On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 6:01 AM, TwoLate51 said:

Thanks by the way I am a 66 year old man and married for 42 years. Wife says I still have a child's funny heart. 

Yes, it's in a jar on his dresser.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,410 posts
On 8/10/2019 at 10:09 PM, _BBaby said:

You cant really make a blanket statement about all decent clans, but with a certain level of prestige must come a high level of competitiveness. Competeiveness breeds hate/drama, thus it is not uncommon to see drama and foul play occur in the higher ups. 

Again, not a blanket statement, just a trend. There are plenty of toxic less-skilled clans, and there are plenty of very good and respectable clans out there. 

The real question is why the elite players bother with a game full of casual older players....

It's kind of like a college athlete going down to the senior center and cleaning up in a game of flag football.:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,709 posts
7,764 battles

Was not aware there were any 'Top Clans'.  Always thought there were just a lot of clans and some of them had players that failed in real life. Therefore all they had left was their e-pen, so they always make attempts to flaunt it. Thing is, no one really cares. Once they are a loser in life, they are always a loser in life.

• Cool 2

[NSF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,300 posts
9,105 battles
3 hours ago, thejoker767 said:

Another ignorant comment claiming player skills is related to WR. Wr only shows one thing: he luck of the player with Mm.

Any claim to the contrary confirms the posters ignorance

You are the only constant.

[-AL-]
[-AL-]
Members
715 posts

Being toxic can be fun.

Either you're part of the wolf pack or you're just a sheep. Best to find your own wolf pack and bark at other wolf packs.

• Boring 1

Members
4 posts
21 battles
40 minutes ago, Pulptenks said:

Being toxic can be fun.

Either you're part of the wolf pack or you're just a sheep. Best to find your own wolf pack and bark at other wolf packs.

Say that when you join a top tier clan

[-AL-]
[-AL-]
Members
715 posts
Just now, MY_CITADEL_IS_READY said:

Congratulations, you're a necrophiliac. 

Nice a new title! Thank you!

[-AL-]
[-AL-]
Members
715 posts
6 minutes ago, MY_CITADEL_IS_READY said:

Your fetishes are somehow worse than your ingame performance.

That would requires to me care about it. Which I don't! But thank you for caring for me, I'll keep doing whatever I want on a 8k player base game that will never really matter.

Oh by the way, you got garbage tastes.

Edited by Pulptenks

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,896 posts
4,578 battles

It’s probably due to the fact that they are super competitive and have to be at the top of their game for clan battles. Anyone under a lot of stress tends to be toxic in one way or another.

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
2,330 posts
14,722 battles

Top clans are "so toxic" because they don't properly vet their members.  They recruit the in-game toon (ship tiers, WR, WTR, PR, battles total, etc.) instead of actually spending time to recruit the person who has his buttocks in the seat behind the computer screen.  Honestly, all they want is the numbers.... so they just let any 'ole personality into their ranks so long as his percentages are good.

As with everything, this process is not 100% effective.... but if they would develop a recruiting process and start recruiting the actual person (mentality, personality and attitude)... and not just the digital in-game toon, then the level of toxicity would be greatly reduced.  This can NOT be accomplished in merely 2 or 3 days. people can "put on a good mask" and "pretend" for that amount of time. The TRUE colors of their personality will only reveal itself over time as they become tired of the charade (or simply forget to maintain their game face). It takes a minimum of a couple of weeks to "evaluate" an applicant/recruit and properly "test" them to see if their personality and attitude are a fit with your organization.  So the short (and clear) answer to the OP's question is that the Toxic clans don't bother to do these things. Essentially, it boils down to the fact that they don't really care about their members, only their members' "toon".

FWIW... just my $0.02  (not very expensive)  lol!  

597b9c75ccb42_TacticalStrikeGroup4(250x245).png.231b8d6e92fe7c3a639a78e7b93bc897.png

• Cool 6

[-RNG-]
Members
43 posts
19,602 battles
On 8/11/2019 at 4:01 AM, TwoLate51 said:

Thanks by the way I am a 66 year old man and married for 42 years. Wife says I still have a child's funny heart. 

And a child's....  never mind. :)

[-RNG-]
Members
43 posts
19,602 battles
On 12/1/2019 at 8:33 PM, SPAPtasticles said:

At least Clan Battles has quality teams verse the fecalized stew that is Ranked. Ranked is toxic for your health. 

+ 100...stopped playing it due to the frustrations.  Wll play sprints because they're short, but longer season ranked are torture.

[SLDS]
Members
726 posts
5,209 battles

On 8/11/2019 at 6:41 AM, LadyAnesjka said:

Average age : 18-24
Average brain age: 4 - 9

One thing i learn on the internet as a female is 99 % of the so call " Men " online are just boys in a older body. Most of them never mature, not have very good social skill, do not know how to talk to another person, and take competitive game waaaay to far because they think they better than they actually are, add this with severe immaturity ( thank you spell check )

..and what you get is competitive games filled with socially awkward manchildren. 

As for you other men who are actually mature. Do not get mad i say 99 % --- out of 1 billion male online 99 % is 990 million. 

Which mean there is 10 million good decent man online. Sadly most of you are taken 

:cap_book:

Good answer.  Some of us (well - I know myself, but I'm sure there are others) don't play games to be competitive.  We play just for social camaraderie and enjoyment.  While it's frustrating to lose and elating to win, to assume that a game must focus on only those 2 poles is not to understand the true purpose of games - i.e. just to have fun.  Many of the older flight sim games from 10-20 years go understood that.  The various squadrons were competitive with one another, but in the end, the thing that united all of us was our love of aircraft.

I've had to adjust somewhat for WoWs.  This game isn't really about ships.  It's merely an FPS using ships.  Given the lack of strategic gameplay, the predictable end result is a focus on the sandboxes we play in called 'battles'.  WoWs (heck any WG title) is not (and never was) intended to be a simulation where historical acts can be played out or strategic goals managed.  It's basically a twitch game.  However, if that context is remembered, it can be fun.  It's one reason I always say "Good luck" at the beginning, and try to compliment people for play throughout.  I also tend to be pretty liberal with karma points though unfortunately of little practical value.

Some of the people I've met online in here remind me of a seminar on computer coding I attended some 30 years ago.  The presentation was open to all attendees, some of whom were very young.  During the post-presentation conversation, one attendee commented about learning C++.  A rather arrogant little jerk (about 12) loudly commented "Well - I already know C+++!!" as though that determined his superiority, then stood dumbfounded as some of us began laughing.  When the first attendee asked us why we were laughing, we quietly told her "C++ means an incremental improvement over C.  There's no such thing as C+++.  His comment indicates he has no clue what he's talking about."

To your point, however, I'm also reminded of an incident in one of my classrooms.  I substitute taught for a year before I formally joined a school.  One day, I was subbing in a 7th grade math class.  Things went well until one young man decided to act out.  I walked over to him and gently put a hand on his shoulder and said "Time to go out in the hallway" to which he jumped up, flailed his arms around and shouted "Don't touch me.  You touch me, and I'll kill ya!"  I tend to have a sarcastic streak, so I held out one finger and tapped him on a shoulder, which solicited a repeat of his former antics after jumping backwards about 50cm.  Alternating shoulder taps guided him across the room and out the door with him never apparently realizing it.  Once he was in the hallway, I said "Now that you're out here, you can stay out here for a bit."  The class burst into laughter.  What made it all so special and memorable was after school, I was filling out paperwork, and one of the female students from that class came in, sat down, and suddenly asked "Are all boys that stupid?"  All I could do was to grin inwardly and reply "Yes.  Eventually, they'll catch up, but right now, they are all that stupid."

• Cool 1

[O7]
Members
2,004 posts
16,306 battles
On 12/2/2019 at 7:02 PM, Nocona said:

Top clans are "so toxic" because they don't properly vet their members.  They recruit the in-game toon (ship tiers, WR, WTR, PR, battles total, etc.) instead of actually spending time to recruit the person who has his buttocks in the seat behind the computer screen.  Honestly, all they want is the numbers.... so they just let any 'ole personality into their ranks so long as his percentages are good.

I have to disagree with this. There are bad apples here and there, but there is a reason a lot of the top clans and groups of players stick together for so long, it is not just because they have purple stats, even if that is a prerequisite to enter.

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
2,330 posts
14,722 battles
2 hours ago, Kebobstuzov said:

I have to disagree with this. There are bad apples here and there, but there is a reason a lot of the top clans and groups of players stick together for so long, it is not just because they have purple stats, even if that is a prerequisite to enter.

And that "reason" is.... what??

1,829 posts
2,957 battles
4 minutes ago, Nocona said:

And that "reason" is.... what??

What reason could a group of similar, like-minded people willingly associate with each other for long periods of time for many years.

Goodness, y'know I think that might just be too hard to solve.

• Funny 1