You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
USMC2145

Why are top clans so toxic...??

112 comments in this topic

Members
1,724 posts
10,757 battles
1 hour ago, NoloContendere said:

Or...maybe no one is talking it seriously at all dude.  If a streamer dunks on someone and wants to talk a little crap, why can’t he? He has to worry about that guys feelings on his stream? No. This the internet. There are no safe spaces here. Get a thicker skin or go home.  

The internet is the ultimate safe space. People can talk trash and know that they will experience no real world repercussions. If anyone thinks otherwise, they are free to dox themselves.

Members
1,724 posts
10,757 battles
11 hours ago, USMC2145 said:

I was watching some streams of clan battles tonight and was noticing that many of the top clan battle clans are just toxic or insulting to less skilled clan they meet. The clans they beat will say something like GG or nice shot..etc and the response will be either toxic or insulting. I thought you top clans would be more respectful, but i see i was wrong and people wonder why clan battles is seeing a fall off of clans playing it. 

People are nice to me *shrug*

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,786 posts
13,585 battles

As I said there are some of "those people" here but over all we have a very friendly environment.

Members
268 posts
4,128 battles
40 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

The internet is the ultimate safe space. People can talk trash and know that they will experience no real world repercussions. If anyone thinks otherwise, they are free to dox themselves.

Not like being an internet tough guy accomplishes anything.

Members
55 posts
5,931 battles
1 hour ago, LadyAnesjka said:

...and the prosecution rests. The defense have given us enough evidence by opening they own mouth.

https://hr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning-Kruger_efekt

Thanks for the link.  Quite true in many cases, probably most easily seen when you have a player out of the game but still ranting and raving in chat; and of course it is everyone else's fault that he was sunk

Also contains a humorous illustration --- " The identification derived from the cognitive bias evident in the criminal case of McArthur Wheeler, who robbed banks while his face was covered with lemon juice, which he believed would make it invisible to the surveillance cameras. This belief was based on his misunderstanding of the chemical properties of lemon juice as an invisible ink. "

Members
1,724 posts
10,757 battles
3 minutes ago, HP_Lovesauce said:

Not like being an internet tough guy accomplishes anything.

I don't think so either. I also don't think being a real world tough guy accomplishes anything.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,450 posts
56 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

That's very far from the truth. Quite a few people have lost their jobs and several have even been put in jail over what they said on the Internet. You are not really anonymous on the internet and it doesn't even take much of a detective, nor any specialized search software, to find out who someone is.

On another forum there was a kid that kept trolling, spamming, and flaming and just wouldn't shut up. At the time the forums were not being moderated due being in the interim between the closure of a gaming studio and the transfer of the moderation to another company.

I told this kid that he better behave because in a couple of years he would be wanting to get a job and his employer was going have someone do a background check on him and see his chat. The kid said that nobody could ever find out who he was, not even the FBI. It took me five minutes on Google to find him based on what he'd revealed about himself in chat. I PM'd him and told him who he was. He shut up after that.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/18/facebook-comments-arrest-prosecution

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/oct/08/april-jones-matthew-woods-jailed

I could create a lost with dozens of examples but you get the idea.   

Edited by Snargfargle

Members
1,724 posts
10,757 battles
1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

That's very far from the truth. Quite a few people have lost their jobs and several have even been put in jail over what they said in chat forums. You are not really anonymous on the internet and it doesn't even take much of a detective, nor any specialized search software, to find out who someone is.

On another forum there was a kid that kept trolling, spamming, and flaming and just wouldn't shut up. At the time the forums were not being moderated due being in the interim between the closure of a gaming studio and the transfer of the moderation to another company.

I told this kid that he better behave because in a couple of years he would be wanting to get a job and his employer was going have someone do a background check on him and see his chat. The kid said that nobody could ever find out who he was, not even the FBI. It took me five minutes on Google to find him based on what he'd revealed about himself in chat. I PM'd him and told him who he was. He shut up after that.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/18/facebook-comments-arrest-prosecution

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/oct/08/april-jones-matthew-woods-jailed

I could create a lost with dozens of examples but you get the idea.   

You are giving me examples of people doxxing themselves.

[CVBAD]
Members
51 posts
11,313 battles
12 hours ago, USMC2145 said:

I was watching some streams of clan battles tonight and was noticing that many of the top clan battle clans are just toxic or insulting to less skilled clan they meet. The clans they beat will say something like GG or nice shot..etc and the response will be either toxic or insulting. I thought you top clans would be more respectful, but i see i was wrong and people wonder why clan battles is seeing a fall off of clans playing it. 

i hope u enjoyed the stream :)

• Funny 3

[KAG]
Members
154 posts
8,962 battles
1 hour ago, Pytheas said:

I am using the phrase, “Safe Space,” to denote that there is no expectation that you will be free from offense on the internet. 

You are having a separate theoretical conversation with yourself about anonymity on the internet. 

Members
1,724 posts
10,757 battles
12 minutes ago, NoloContendere said:

I am using the phrase, “Safe Space,” to denote that there is no expectation that you will be free from offense on the internet. 

You are having a separate theoretical conversation with yourself about anonymity on the internet. 

Well, I'm glad you are participating.

[AAA]
Members
1,728 posts
12,527 battles
2 hours ago, LadyAnesjka said:

...and the prosecution rests. The defense have given us enough evidence by opening they own mouth.

https://hr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning-Kruger_efekt

As an attorney, your lack of understanding of the legal system is truly shocking...

[PVE]
Members
3,667 posts
15,620 battles

Why are top clans so toxic?  If they are, and I don't play Clan Battles to have experienced this, because they can......!  Because there isn't anything to stop them.  And, does it really matter if a "few individuals" get off the rails and act a might anti-social?  Those behaviors go on each and every day in all modes.....  AND...............what has it done: no one knows?   Now, when we make the National news because something really bad happens.........that, is another story.

I could say the same for Ranked play.........  That Ranked breeds negativity, etc., etc., etc...   So, leaving human body parts out of the conversation, are we done with this topic yet?

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
11,894 posts
8,457 battles

So any screenshots? Or are we supposed to assume any clan at the top of the list is toxic?

[OO7]
Members
4,024 posts
9,425 battles
5 hours ago, Skpstr said:

Competitive clans generally exist for one reason. To win. As long as members aren't doing anything to get banned, or otherwise hurt the clan's chances of winning, the clan leader isn't going to care much.

There's no reason to expect better sportsmanship from a good clan than a bad one.

This isn't remotely true in my experience having been in several competitive clans.

[LOSC]
Members
529 posts

One group from Quebec is the main reason I locked my stats, for no reason that I knew of they started

stat shaming me, and even Pm'd me after the game, so after them and others in the past I just got fed up with it.

They are in Clan Battle and as stated above Guarantee they would not talk that way to my face. I'm old but weigh 220. 

Also it's the Younger ones that do this, can't prove it, but really mature folks just don't act like that. 

• Cool 1

[HRVAT]
Members
1,674 posts
1 hour ago, Noone_You_Know said:

Naaah, you just friend zoned us. :p

Most friend zone them self.  Wait to long to ask a woman out or let feelings known. By the time you think you ready to say something, she already have someone.
It is ok to say something, we do not bite, and what is worse we can say ? No  ? Is not end of the world !
Now you know you can move on and find another, just be sure not to wait around.

Rejection so over rated. I think men ( and some woman ) put too much worry into word " no "

It is better to ask quickly if you have attraction, and find out answer, than wait around for a year before asking for a date.

Edited by LadyAnesjka
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,190 posts
10,673 battles
17 hours ago, USMC2145 said:

some of the unicum clans think that just because they have purple stats theyre "above everybody" and that anyone under a certain WR is trash and shouldnt even be playing the game, as one unicum, who afaik, is no longer here called them "Human Garbage" not all Unicums are like that though, its just that you probably see these types more than the ones that are friendly

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 1

Members
2,257 posts
4,933 battles

Don’t most unicum players play in divisions 24/7 to keep their stats up? If they are so good why dont they carry crap teams by themselves.

• Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
27,082 posts
7,217 battles
4 hours ago, enderland07 said:

This isn't remotely true in my experience having been in several competitive clans.

Which part?

Can I get into a top clan if I'm a below average player, as long as I'm charismatic and an all around fun guy?

Is the clan leader going to ditch one of his best players for being toxic (but not enough to get banned by an actual WG person) in chat?

Why would you expect better sportsmanship from a better clan?

I'm not trying to say that all competitive clans are jerks, just that there's no reason for them not to be, (it's not like they're representing anything but themselves) and there's no reason to expect them to be held to a higher standard of behaviour than anyone else.

[WOLFG]
Members
8,236 posts
6,452 battles

I heard it is because of the diet of gunpowder and ten penny nails the top clans use to keep their competitive edge.

[Y0L0]
Members
274 posts
14,150 battles

Ha!  I actually know what you mean.  I joined a sub division of a purple clan and there weren’t 10 people in it yet, fine.  

What does the main clan do?  They set up discord so that the sub clan members can’t see into the main clans rooms, which are private.  

I played two days by myself on discord thinking that there was no one else on and wondering why, when in actuality there were plenty of people on, I guess they were too good to socialize with likes of myself. 

News flash:  this is a video game, lol.  I left obviously, I still chuckle at the arrogance.  Seriously that people would act like that, or act anyway like it is hilarious.  I was too amused when I was told about the locked rooms on discord to be angry.  It’s a video game!

[HOTH]
Members
32 posts
8,276 battles
On 8/11/2019 at 11:55 AM, Prattaratt said:

I think Doctor_RigaKOTS was trying to be humorously sarcastic, at least that was the way I took it.

Lady Kyptonite is that way and as the saying goes "crapflows down hill" shes also a cyber bully. 

• Cool 2

[RCWR]
Members
37 posts
3,990 battles
On 8/11/2019 at 11:29 AM, Big_Spud said:

Honestly the most toxic players I see are the 49-52%’ers who absolutely believe they are the best thing since sliced bread, and are more than willing to tell you about it. The super-unicums at the top who genuinely know what they are doing don’t actually care, they’re just in it for the memes.

Another ignorant comment claiming player skills is related to WR. Wr only shows one thing: he luck of the player with Mm.

Any claim to the contrary confirms the posters ignorance