Jump to content
USMC2145

Why are top clans so toxic...??

112 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,243
Members
1,378 posts
7,116 battles

I was watching some streams of clan battles tonight and was noticing that many of the top clan battle clans are just toxic or insulting to less skilled clan they meet. The clans they beat will say something like GG or nice shot..etc and the response will be either toxic or insulting. I thought you top clans would be more respectful, but i see i was wrong and people wonder why clan battles is seeing a fall off of clans playing it. 

  • Cool 13
  • Confused 3
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,322
[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,079 posts
4,389 battles

You cant really make a blanket statement about all decent clans, but with a certain level of prestige must come a high level of competitiveness. Competeiveness breeds hate/drama, thus it is not uncommon to see drama and foul play occur in the higher ups. 

 

Again, not a blanket statement, just a trend. There are plenty of toxic less-skilled clans, and there are plenty of very good and respectable clans out there. 

Edited by _1204_
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,319
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,247 posts
13,830 battles

Their are elitists that consider anyone that is less than above above average as lower life forms that should be banned from the game.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,059 posts
6,189 battles
32 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

You cant really make a blanket statement about all decent clans, but with a certain level of prestige must come a high level of competitiveness. Competeiveness breeds hate/drama, thus it is not uncommon to see drama and foul play occur in the higher ups. 

 

Again, not a blanket statement, just a trend. There are plenty of toxic less-skilled clans, and there are plenty of very good and respectable clans out there. 

Theres also the intimidation/morale/psych warfare potential. Winning before the first shot is fired... or causing a rout.

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
70 posts
12 battles

All players in clans under our rating are beneath us.  They have a substandard IQ, insufficient awareness, unacceptable mannerisms, and a lower average life expectancy.

  • Funny 2
  • Boring 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,321
[WOLFB]
Members
3,372 posts
14,018 battles

I have found some toxic member among purple clan but haven't met a single clan full of toxic player. On the other hand I only found 1 toxic clan with barely good player, living up to their name during my entire WOWS life.

 

But so far I rarely had to deal with toxicity in CB. You can still find that one idiot claiming the clan win because RNG decided to let them win but in 6 vs 6 or 7 vs 7, if you lose it's most likely because you screwed up somewhere or got outplayed. And most clan I fought against understands that.

 

I suppose you just met the gathering of toxic member in that clan, most of time CB is fairly chill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
162
Members
393 posts
6,867 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

Their are elitists that consider anyone that is less than above above average as lower life forms that should be banned from the game.

I must admit I do find the people here with that attitude highly amusing. I mean since when did being really good at a video game actually mean anything outside of these forums? Has anyone ever gone into a job interview and boasted that they were a unicum at WoW? Did a girl ever put out once informed that a guy was a professional CSGO player? Did a Psychiatrist ever commit someone for a personality disorder because they didn't take the time to learn where the citadels are on a Neptune? :Smile_hiding::cap_haloween:

Edited by Terkoz
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
17 posts
456 battles
47 minutes ago, Doctor_RigaKOTS said:

All players in clans under our rating are beneath us.  They have a substandard IQ, insufficient awareness, unacceptable mannerisms, and a lower average life expectancy.

9Oth is a friendly clan and this sort of behavior is not appropriate and will not be tolerated. I have already reported you to LadyK.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,059 posts
6,189 battles
48 minutes ago, Doctor_RigaKOTS said:

All players in clans under our rating are beneath us.  They have a substandard IQ, insufficient awareness, unacceptable mannerisms, and a lower average life expectancy.

Their mothers also dress them funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,197
[SYN]
Members
27,066 posts
15,590 battles

Every clan has that player just like how every workplace has that co-worker. They are crap but they don't necessarily make the clan they are part of crap unless everyone there is like them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
780
[TMS]
Members
3,141 posts
31,170 battles
3 hours ago, Terkoz said:

I must admit I do find the people here with that attitude highly amusing. I mean since when did being really good at a video game actually mean anything outside of these forums? Has anyone ever gone into a job interview and boasted that they were a unicum at WoW? Did a girl ever put out once informed that a guy was a professional CSGO player? Did a Psychiatrist ever commit someone for a personality disorder because they didn't take the time to learn where the citadels are on a Neptune? :Smile_hiding::cap_haloween:

Gaming is not meant to prove anything about real life or anything outside of it except for training purposes.

Being good at gaming is to prove you are good at gaming and the logic needed for it and nothing else which is perfectly fine.

Good logic and strategy in real life can carry over to good gaming.

Edited by Final8ty
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,387
[O-PN]
Members
2,626 posts
5,798 battles

Had a match where it was flowing both ways.  If someone is going to get worked up over some comments in a chat window in a game, they've got bigger issues going on.....  Respond, don't respond, just keep it legal and/or ignore it.  There are people out there where this is literally the only thing they're good at.  I've seen a clan CIC that literally the only thing he's ever been in control of is the clan, and he's horrible at it (other CIC left and he some how ended up in control).  Treats people like little children -- says things that would get him an ambulance ride IRL, but that's so 2 clans ago.

Edited by NoSoMo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,748
[HRVAT]
Members
1,674 posts
11,001 battles
5 hours ago, USMC2145 said:

I was watching some streams of clan battles tonight and was noticing that many of the top clan battle clans are just toxic or insulting to less skilled clan they meet. The clans they beat will say something like GG or nice shot..etc and the response will be either toxic or insulting. I thought you top clans would be more respectful, but i see i was wrong and people wonder why clan battles is seeing a fall off of clans playing it. 

Average age : 18-24
Average brain age: 4 - 9

One thing i learn on the internet as a female is 99 % of the so call " Men " online are just boys in a older body. Most of them never mature, not have very good social skill, do not know how to talk to another person, and take competitive game waaaay to far because they think they better than they actually are, add this with severe immaturity ( thank you spell check )

..and what you get is competitive games filled with socially awkward manchildren. 

 

As for you other men who are actually mature. Do not get mad i say 99 % --- out of 1 billion male online 99 % is 990 million. 

Which mean there is 10 million good decent man online. Sadly most of you are taken 

:cap_book:

  • Cool 14
  • Funny 2
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
173
[THOR]
Members
433 posts
5,577 battles
14 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:



..and what you get is competitive games filled with socially awkward manchildren.

Can I use this as a quote on signature? 
:cap_book:

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,748
[HRVAT]
Members
1,674 posts
11,001 battles
Just now, TwoLate51 said:

Can I use this as a quote on signature? 

lol is fine

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
173
[THOR]
Members
433 posts
5,577 battles
1 minute ago, LadyAnesjka said:

lol is fine

Thanks by the way I am a 66 year old man and married for 42 years. Wife says I still have a child's funny heart. 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
758
[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
1,226 posts
4,464 battles

Probably just trolling/sh*tposting... You guys just take it literally because you don't understand how it works or lack a good sense of humor.

 

 

  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
130
[ONE]
Members
324 posts
20,257 battles
11 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

Probably just trolling/sh*tposting... You guys just take it literally because you don't understand how it works or lack a good sense of humor.

 

 

Yeah, such an immature excuse for rude behavior.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
281 posts
4,443 battles
4 hours ago, Terkoz said:

I must admit I do find the people here with that attitude highly amusing. I mean since when did being really good at a video game actually mean anything outside of these forums? Has anyone ever gone into a job interview and boasted that they were a unicum at WoW? Did a girl ever put out once informed that a guy was a professional CSGO player? Did a Psychiatrist ever commit someone for a personality disorder because they didn't take the time to learn where the citadels are on a Neptune?

Exactly. ..........................For some reason I never get yelled at.......well maybe twice in 2800 games. I keep a 41% win rate.....everyone must be just ignoring me.....at 41% I'm not worth the effort.

But that is my sheep's clothing (if you just got blapped by me.)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
281 posts
4,443 battles
45 minutes ago, TwoLate51 said:

Thanks by the way I am a 66 year old man and married for 42 years

lol...congratulations, glad to see you. I'm 68 and married 44 years ....and it is never TwoLate.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
435
[VFW]
Members
1,367 posts
27,772 battles

My take...blame the Clan leadership for not policing their ranks.  Leadership sets the tone.

vr, 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×