You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

Still only one French DD bonus mission

41 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
5,136 posts
13,741 battles

I do hope WG rethinks the way they are running the French DD event. I cannot participate because of bad luck. I bought a few containers but no luck. Some have had good luck & have 2 or 3 French DD's. I'm happy for them. WG implies you can get the ships by winning containers. That is only a half truth. For a better relationship with the player base I do believe WG needs to change their marketing.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
Members
13,253 posts

Some haven't received any missions so count your blessings plus all the other free stuff you get from the event like coal etc.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[TDRB]
Members
5,136 posts
13,741 battles
7 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Some haven't received any missions so count your blessings plus all the other free stuff you get from the event like coal etc.

I'm grateful for the free stuff & I know some haven't received a bonus mission yet. My point is I feel WG implies you will get the ships instead of you having a chance.

6 minutes ago, NashW8 said:

They are tech tree DDs. I'll eventually get them all anyway.

While true, it is irrelevant to the point I'm attempting to make.

This is not a rant nor am I whining. I think WG could be clear about your chances of getting a ship. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

I just got   t6  mission.  already  had 5 and 7.  (7 was from one premium crate I bought)       have to unlock it though for 12k .  and play it for 15k for the token.     this one came from the 20 daily mission  3 crate (on the third one)

Members
3,583 posts
12,963 battles
20 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I'm grateful for the free stuff & I know some haven't received a bonus mission yet. My point is I feel WG implies you will get the ships instead of you having a chance.

While true, it is irrelevant to the point I'm attempting to make.

This is not a rant nor am I whining. I think WG could be clear about your chances of getting a ship. 

You need to be more clear/concise in what you are asking.

Are you asking for actual percentage drop rate chances of items per lock box? Are you just asking for more clear clarification in their wording/marketing? Both? Something different?

[-AGW-]
Members
978 posts
13,513 battles
30 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

It is not in their interest to make it clear.

You are supposed to come to your own conclusion, which is to throw money at the problem.

Frustration is what makes someone open their wallet.

[PHD]
Members
1,511 posts
6,439 battles
32 minutes ago, NashW8 said:

It is not in their interest to make it clear.

You are supposed to come to your own conclusion, which is to throw money at the problem.

Frustration is what makes someone open their wallet.

I just noticed in the French directive "get five ribbons, capture, defend or cause a flood" fine print- only in a French DD tier 7 ,8 or 9. Just don't happen to have one of those only tier 5 or 6.

I will not open my wallet just ingnore WG's "events' from now on. Relly tired of the WG [edited] tonight.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,611 posts
14,656 battles

I mean this is how it always is: you either whale or grind.

[DTB]
Members
264 posts
1 hour ago, centarina said:

(7 was from one premium crate I bought)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's there's sfa and no chance of getting the high tiers through the normal crates.

[AK-47]
Members
280 posts
7,619 battles

Well, I haven't purchased any premium containers yet. However, I think I got most of the free ones, besides like 2 or 3 from the national credits earning mission.

Still, I only got 2 missions in total.

Members
194 posts
1,137 battles
2 hours ago, kgh52 said:

I do hope WG rethinks the way they are running the French DD event. I cannot participate because of bad luck. I bought a few containers but no luck. Some have had good luck & have 2 or 3 French DD's. I'm happy for them. WG implies you can get the ships by winning containers. That is only a half truth. For a better relationship with the player base I do believe WG needs to change their marketing.

No, is not reliable, but first crate did give me Le Fantasque, and 3&4 gave me Jag and Guep, using Doubloons I had leftover, some people are unlucky, others aren't.

Didn't mean to Lucksacc here but....I agree is flawed.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,627 posts
4 hours ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

If you received one, that's one more than I have. 

I got the tier V and VI French DDs from personal missions. Is it just random chance whether or not you get them?

Edited by Snargfargle

[DTB]
Members
264 posts
6 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I got the tier V and VI French DDs from personal missions. Is it just random chance whether or not you get them?

Yes.

[TDRB]
Members
5,136 posts
13,741 battles
4 hours ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

You need to be more clear/concise in what you are asking.

Are you asking for actual percentage drop rate chances of items per lock box? Are you just asking for more clear clarification in their wording/marketing? Both? Something different?

Both. That way we would be able to judge if the event or what part of the event is worth our time.

[WOLF3]
Members
27,044 posts
23,838 battles

The only mission drop I got was for V Jaguar.

This doesn't surprise me.  It's to nudge you in paying up for the premium version of these crates.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[4HIM]
Members
3,020 posts
12,603 battles
5 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Don't know.  I haven't gotten one of these 'missions' since the pre-release missions for the French BB's.  Didn't get one for the RU BB's.  

I don't think WG likes me.

[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
990 posts

I haven't gotten any of the regular free mission drops . And I really don't mind, they will be available very soon enough so meh in trying to grab them . The only thing I see is the grind for the free premium. There is always a wall of grind for the people who can't play all day everyday .

Meh my two cents .

Cheers. o>

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,578 posts
20 hours ago, kgh52 said:

You have much better luck than me. Can I have your one ship please?

[TDRB]
Members
5,136 posts
13,741 battles
53 minutes ago, Dareios said:

You have much better luck than me. Can I have your one ship please?

I think I'll keep my French DD.

I do not understand why there are people who have not gotten a single ship. These are tech tree ships, not premiums.

[CAST]
Members
4,990 posts
3,513 battles

This is absolutely the single worst event Wargaming has ever created. Period. Nothing comes close to the absurdity and greed exhibited here.

Got one DD mission myself from 21 premium crates and 25-30 regular ones.

• Cool 1