Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Thanks Again for the Mass!

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

7,861
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,626 posts

A final thank you for the Mass. She's a fine ship and has become my favorite BB. I remembered I had an unspec'd spare 19-point captain and made her into a mid-range secondaries brawler. Those secondaries simple eat ships. With Adrenaline Rush you should see the wall of fire coming from the ship's secondaries when it's on low health. :Smile_veryhappy:

 image.thumb.png.81144d7e54507dda41b7858d27836608.png

image.thumb.png.a5376003cf18a056e53b35f9fe49c7e2.png

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,265
[WOLFC]
Members
2,874 posts
16,276 battles

Ah, THAT Mass.  I saw the title and thought ... surely Snargfargle knows how to spell Maass ... but why is he thanking WG for a tech tree German DD?

Well, yes ... I did just wake up from a nap.  Why do you ask?  :Smile_sceptic: :Smile_veryhappy:

Seriously, very nice game ... Congratulations!  Now you're making me want one.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[SEAST]
Members
11 posts
3,428 battles

Great game! Congratulations! :cap_horn:

Is this the optimal secondary build? I'm still on the way training a captain on the Mass...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,861
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,626 posts
7 minutes ago, x_gandalf said:

Great game! Congratulations! :cap_horn:

Is this the optimal secondary build? I'm still on the way training a captain on the Mass...

You know, I don't really know. I just took everything that related to secondaries and added Demolition and Adrenaline Rush for a greater fire chance and a higher rate of fire when low on health. I thought about taking IFHE but that option was grayed out and I hear they are considerably nerfing anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,861
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,626 posts
23 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

Ah, THAT Mass.  I saw the title and thought ... surely Snargfargle knows how to spell Maass ... but why is he thanking WG for a tech tree German DD?

Well, yes ... I did just wake up from a nap.  Why do you ask?  :Smile_sceptic: :Smile_veryhappy:

Seriously, very nice game ... Congratulations!  Now you're making me want one.

It's because I have a hard time remembering how to spell Massachusetts. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
639
Members
1,170 posts
11,397 battles
20 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

You know, I don't really know. I just took everything that related to secondaries and added Demolition and Adrenaline Rush for a greater fire chance and a higher rate of fire when low on health. I thought about taking IFHE but that option was grayed out and I hear they are considerably nerfing anyway.

I could be wrong but doesn’t IFHE let your secondaries pen CL’s? Much lolz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,861
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,626 posts
Just now, n00bot said:

I could be wrong but doesn’t IFHE let your secondaries pen CL’s? Much lolz.

I'm pretty sure it does, which makes me curious as to why WG saw fit to gray it out for BBs. From what I've seen though IFHE is going to get a nerf from 30% to 20% extra penetration and a nerf to the chance of setting fires of 50%. There is also a lot of confusing info as to specific ship changes too.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/195178-st-inertia-fuse-for-he-shells-and-plating-changes/?page=1  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
326 posts
13,896 battles

I think the IFHE is grayed out on BB's because it's not optimum for the main guns.  On some, as people have pointed out, it is useful for the secondaries (but not sure what the rework will do).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,223
[YORHA]
Members
4,997 posts
9,992 battles

You want IFHE.  Period.  You melt most CAs and CLS with it.

You also want the extra consumables.  Massachusetts' real strength is not her secondaries, it's her ultra fast cool down on damage control.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,861
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,626 posts
7 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

You want IFHE.  Period.  You melt most CAs and CLS with it.

You also want the extra consumables.  Massachusetts' real strength is not her secondaries, it's her ultra fast cool down on damage control.

 

It really depends on how the IFHE rework goes. There are too many possible proposed changes to it to even consider it right now. I hope that the update comes with a respec as many people are going to have to reevaluate their Commander choices after the rework.

I'll have to check pout that damage control cool-down. I'm really new to the ship. I do notice that it seems pretty tanky. I usually end up getting sunk but not until I sink two or three of the enemy first.

They are doing away with Premium consumables or making all consumables Premium or something. At least that's what I've heard. Sometimes there are too many changes to keep up with.

Edited by Snargfargle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,346
[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,134 posts
5,001 battles

Yeah, IFHE let's you chew on cruisers iirc. I dont think it's worth it as most your secondary targets are gonna be BBs and DDs anyhow, and you can smack around cruisers anyhow.  

 

As for DE, that's a new one. I suppose its viable since it boosts secondaries too... but I have never really seen that one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×