You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Toxygene

3 losses in a row...and exit

22 comments in this topic

[O2]
Members
226 posts

My new rule. It works. I get less depressed over the game and have more time to do other things in my day.

• Cool 4

[WOLF3]
Members
139 posts
13,061 battles

I'll keep going until I'm tired of playing.  Even with losses, I can still try to do something.  Maybe that means running away, dodging fire from five ships.  I've never been depressed by this game to where I just stop because of a string of losses.  I will not give W/R the power over me!

• Cool 3

Members
5,258 posts
9,936 battles

Can't count the number of times I lost 3-5 games in a row to then have at 60+% WR at the end of playing for the day.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,470 posts

Win and loss streaks happen.  If I quit every time I lost X number of games I would never get any of the mission rewards.

[SIAS]
Members
319 posts
13,610 battles

I play when I have time, which mostly coincides with off peak and weekends or both. Losing 8 in a row is often common. I have learned not to put too much stake in wins and losses and more in if players are polite and helpful in chat and trying their best. People play the game for lots of different reasons. I fully admit my first 2k games or so I was full potato charging in over my head in my new ship of the week. I then realized that was neither fun or contributing to winning and left me wanting more. I slowly became a better player and have improved to the point that more often than not I am top 3 in games that I play. Just keep plugging along, learning and getting better and wins along with enjoyment will hopefully  come.

• Cool 1

[WOLFA]
Members
806 posts
6,674 battles

The loss streaks have been way more prevalent in the last few weeks.

I just don't understand how I can get so many epically terrible players on my team battle after battle?

35% WR in the last 20 battles or so.

Edited by CorradoG60

[0456]
Members
3,594 posts
9,503 battles
2 minutes ago, CorradoG60 said:

The loss streaks have been way more prevalent in the last few weeks.

I just don't understand how I can get so many epically terrible players on my team battle after battle?

35% WR in the last 20 battles or so.

Welcome to the club...

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,592 posts
2 hours ago, Toxygene said:

My new rule. It works. I get less depressed over the game and have more time to do other things in my day.

Learn not to get too depressed, or too excited, over a video game. I've had a streak of more than a dozen losses and some streaks of ten or so wins. It all averages out in the long run unless you are one of those super good players that consistently can carry a team.

Edited by Snargfargle

[SIDE]
Members
4,653 posts
15 hours ago, Toxygene said:

I agree.

[SIDE]
Members
4,653 posts
13 hours ago, _ENO_ said:

Welcome to the club...

Can I join? Was top 3 most of my ranked battles last 2 days and took a dozen matches to get from 11 to 10.

Members
2,415 posts
5,339 battles
15 hours ago, aether_tech said:

most people use the 3 loss in a row exit strat.

I use the 8 wins in a row exist strat.

Oh you know it. You win 8 games in a row and exit game, WG will place you on crappy 3 teams in a row next time to you log in. ALWAYS HAPPENS

Edited by Legio_X_
  • Funny 1

[SIDE]
Members
4,653 posts
15 hours ago, CylonRed said:

Can't count the number of times I lost 3-5 games in a row to then have at 60+% WR at the end of playing for the day.

Sounds like time I dont have doing something I wouldn't if I did. I play a half dozen or so most days. None on others. If MM and RNG wanna screw things up and make it frustrating I'm happy to tinker around outside, wash the car or take the dog for a walk.

[0456]
Members
3,594 posts
9,503 battles
18 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

Can I join? Was top 3 most of my ranked battles last 2 days and took a dozen matches to get from 11 to 10.

Sure... loads of room. Membership is free. 

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,086 posts
18,898 battles
1 minute ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

giSMV8K.jpg