Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

game economics

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,105
[TDRB]
Members
5,136 posts
13,741 battles

Yesterday I bought the Iowa. My NC had the 175K XP & I get a 14% discount from the clan ship building yard. By the time I upgraded my Iowa I had spent over 25 million credits and more than 150K FXP. I will not take a ship into a random without fully upgrading it. I need every advantage to improve my performance.

I ran a couple of coop's to get acquainted with the ship. I was scared to look at what it cost to run even though I did not do bad in the coop's. 

Now I start the grind to the Montana.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,252
[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,103 posts
4,084 battles

Welcome to high tier gameplay.

The price on the Iowa looks about right. My estimate is always around 30M for a T10 ship. And yeah, I'm with you on upgrading a stock ship with FXP and at T9 it's not cheap.

A match will probably cost you around 100K in resupply. Just looked at a GA game. I spent right around 100K. I earned, before flag but including the camo bonus around 200K. That was a 90K damage game, and a without bonuses would have netted 130K. So do OK and you'll break about even. A bad loss is going to expensive though. You'll have to grind at lower tiers or a premium if you want to gain the 20M for the Montana. That's working as intended though. The only way to profit at high tiers is to have premium ships or perma camoes. With the perma camo on my Montana and the Missouri, I have no credit problems anymore.

The Iowa isn't a grind though. It's a great ship. Good guns, great AA, great speed, decent armor. Should be a fun 220K XP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,985
[ARGSY]
Members
20,067 posts
14,307 battles
29 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Yesterday I bought the Iowa. My NC had the 175K XP & I get a 14% discount from the clan ship building yard. By the time I upgraded my Iowa I had spent over 25 million credits and more than 150K FXP. I will not take a ship into a random without fully upgrading it. I need every advantage to improve my performance.

I ran a couple of coop's to get acquainted with the ship. I was scared to look at what it cost to run even though I did not do bad in the coop's. 

Now I start the grind to the Montana.

I think you're a fool for burning the FXP and not having the guts to fight her stock (as many are forced to do). 

T9 is the expensive one; possibly the worst in some ways, because even if you take permacamo the service cost discounts don't keep pace with the costs themselves. You do well or you come home in the red. But because she was built, served (for so long) and fought, the Iowa, possibly even more than Montana, is the US batttleship that draws the moths to the flame.

  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,524
[HINON]
Members
13,253 posts
33 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I think you're a fool for burning the FXP and not having the guts to fight her stock (as many are forced to do). 

That's a bit harsh. Many players save freexp for just this purpose. I tend to have freeXp on hand as I usually don't skip up lines and freely use it on ship modules as needed and I still have plenty to buy freeXp ships.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,105
[TDRB]
Members
5,136 posts
13,741 battles
49 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I think you're a fool for burning the FXP and not having the guts to fight her stock (as many are forced to do). 

T9 is the expensive one; possibly the worst in some ways, because even if you take permacamo the service cost discounts don't keep pace with the costs themselves. You do well or you come home in the red. But because she was built, served (for so long) and fought, the Iowa, possibly even more than Montana, is the US batttleship that draws the moths to the flame.

Discretion is the better part of valor, not foolhardiness. No one is forced to fight her stock, they choose to. I waited until I could fully upgrade her before I purchased the ship. 

I have the Benham, Jean Bart & Georgia but they all came with camos & the perks of being premiums. The Benham is a "coop only" ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,704
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,520 posts
6 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

The Benham is a "coop only" ship.

I am finding the Benham to be one of my best performers in the current ranked season.

She is also a blast in randoms.  I play a good bit of coop as well but I would never regulate the Benham to just that game mode. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,105
[TDRB]
Members
5,136 posts
13,741 battles
1 hour ago, AJTP89 said:

Welcome to high tier gameplay.

The price on the Iowa looks about right. My estimate is always around 30M for a T10 ship. And yeah, I'm with you on upgrading a stock ship with FXP and at T9 it's not cheap.

A match will probably cost you around 100K in resupply. Just looked at a GA game. I spent right around 100K. I earned, before flag but including the camo bonus around 200K. That was a 90K damage game, and a without bonuses would have netted 130K. So do OK and you'll break about even. A bad loss is going to expensive though. You'll have to grind at lower tiers or a premium if you want to gain the 20M for the Montana. That's working as intended though. The only way to profit at high tiers is to have premium ships or perma camoes. With the perma camo on my Montana and the Missouri, I have no credit problems anymore.

The Iowa isn't a grind though. It's a great ship. Good guns, great AA, great speed, decent armor. Should be a fun 220K XP.

The cost at T8 is a bucket of ice cold water in the face and cost is more to run T9 & T10. I've studied the economics in the wiki. I wish I checked before I got a T8 ship.

I'll need to rebuild my FXP stash before I get a T10. I also need another 19pt commander to help build my elite commander points. That is as much a part of the ship's cost as the modules, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,105
[TDRB]
Members
5,136 posts
13,741 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

I am finding the Benham to be one of my best performers in the current ranked season.

She is also a blast in randoms.  I play a good bit of coop as well but I would never regulated the Benham to just that game mode.

You would if you were as poor of a DD player as I am. I'm working to get better but for the team it is best I stay in coops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
539
[POP]
Members
1,573 posts
22,578 battles
13 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

The cost at T8 is a bucket of ice cold water in the face and cost is more to run T9 & T10. I've studied the economics in the wiki. I wish I checked before I got a T8 ship.

I'll need to rebuild my FXP stash before I get a T10. I also need another 19pt commander to help build my elite commander points. That is as much a part of the ship's cost as the modules, etc.

   Watch for days that have extra bonuses, be they first match or all day on ships. If you get an operation you are comfortable with and can generally place top in you can also grind FXP there. Last but not least, as you grow to know the game better you can mitigate most of the costs even at high tiers and you may even be able to turn a profit even without premium. Congrats on your Iowa!

Edited by Alabamastan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
921
[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,631 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I think you're a fool for burning the FXP and not having the guts to fight her stock (as many are forced to do). 

T9 is the expensive one; possibly the worst in some ways, because even if you take permacamo the service cost discounts don't keep pace with the costs themselves. You do well or you come home in the red. But because she was built, served (for so long) and fought, the Iowa, possibly even more than Montana, is the US batttleship that draws the moths to the flame.

Uh... no. Playing a stock ship is foolish, and is a detriment to your team. Wait until you can FXP stuff, especially at high tiers. You're right about Iowa being the attraction for many and about the repair costs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×