You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Phydeux

Yamato short range

4 comments in this topic

[FFG33]
Members
13 posts
12,083 battles

I have been playing the Yam for a couple weeks now and I notice that if I am less than 6km from my target, i miss almost every time.  Like this last battle I was 4.5 km away from a fully broadside Iowa.  I aimed right at the water line and all 6 shells missed.  Is this a Yam thing, or a me thing?

Edited by Phydeux

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,626 posts
4,984 battles
6 minutes ago, Phydeux said:

I have been playing the Yam for a couple weeks now and I notice that if I am less than 6km from my target, i miss almost every time.  Like this last battle I was 4.5 km away from a fully broadside Iowa.  I aimed right at the water line and all 6 shells missed.  Is this a Yam thing, or a me thing?

It is an IJN BB dispersion table thing.  Before the Georgia, Slava and Ohio existed the IJN BB's were the most accurate at range, but very inaccurate at close range in comparison to other BBs.  This is why the Mikasa and Kawachi are so terrible, they have the same dispersion table but lack the range to get shells out to where the table is good.

Now, it ought to be more accurate close than it is at long range, just not nearly so much as other nation's BBs.

• Cool 2

[CAPCO]
Members
1 post
6,053 battles

Personally, I did a lot of reading before I put significant time into Yamato (as it was my first t10 and I didn't want to come across in games looking like an idiot) and one of the tips that I've consistently used (now 830k on my yammy) is to try to aim more for the middle of the hull as opposed to the waterline. It helps give your sizable shells a bit more armor to pierce through to in order to arm and generally seemed to work to help improve my accuracy as well.

[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
987 posts

You sure they weren't overpens. As the speed of your shell at that distance is close to maximum. And yammie has a tendancy to op alot on softer targets . Then again the dispersion is kinda wonky at close range ...just not German wonky.

Edited by Versili