Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tigerspook

Wyoming (8/2019)

2 comments in this topic

Members
163 posts
4,405 battles

I am working through the US BB line now.  I just finished the Wyoming.

My impression is that it is a brutal CA-killer but not very effective against other BBs, even other Wyomings.  Kaiser will spank it all day long.

The reason is that the guns aren't individually accurate. They're individually awful, in fact.  But there are twelve of them.  Probability says there is a good chance a few of those are going to land in the right place.  And a few do. Usually.  It only takes one citadel to take the fight out of a cruiser. Then they go defensive and probably die to a Kill Securer before your next salvo. This is fine of course.  If you are not a good shot, the craziness of the guns can work in your favor. Like the Fuso or Izmail, the things a shotgun.

I finished the Wyoming last night.  Unfortunately, I never citadelled a BB in the entire time. Plenty of pens, but no knock-down.  In return, tier IV peers punched right through my citadel on multiple occasions.  Kaiser was the most dangerous tier IV foe; its turtleback armor laughed at my 12" shells.  Be prepared to switch to HE if you are fighting tier IV and V BBs. Burn them down. I got really good results doing this. One salvo lit three fires on one BB.  That's good points.

Anyway, I recommend the Wyoming. It is a great tier IV ship. Bully the cruisers with AP. Fade away and harass the BBs with HE. 

Oh, and if DDs get too close, introduce them to 12 HE salvos. It will make them note poor life choices.

Edited by Tigerspook
  • Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
10,278 posts
17,456 battles
41 minutes ago, Tigerspook said:

I finished the Wyoming last night.  Unfortunately, I never citadelled a BB in the entire time.

This got me thinking, I have no idea how many ribbons each ship has earned in total. It also seems that this may be an actual stat that could be mined from the WG data base. I take it that you kept track of how many citadels you didn't get with the Wyoming.

My thoughts were, how hard would it be to include the total ribbons earned in the profile/summary for the individual ships? As you can see there would be room for it right under the other stats.

shot-19_08.10_11_13.19-0279.thumb.jpg.bc59968e92a0917229ead999ca7fa5aa.jpg

So how about it @Femennenly , @Kami is this something that could be easily done? On a side note you guys could make an @WG alert that any WG staff can check and send to the proper staff member for perusal, that way anyone trying to get your attention could just type @WG or maybe @WOWS.

Sorry about the slight diversion of your thread OP. This would help to assess individual ship abilities though.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this