You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WanderingGhost

Team Killing Penalty Confusion

8 comments in this topic

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,022 posts
11,568 battles

So, other day at this point, was playing a match in D'aosta, enemy ship was getting closer, and knew I had a friendly UK cruisers a couple km away near me, looked, saw he was reversing, so figured he was backing off and took the shot. Low and behold he of course decides after the fish are in the water to suddenly reverse and he has the stuff needed to get to speed quick right in to one of my torps. What was a safe shot suddenly wasn't, said "sorry, thought it was clear cause you were reversing", he said "it happens" and he took maybe 1000 points of damage give or take, it wasn't much. This part in that regard is not confusing - I did hit him with a torp.

My confusion comes from what it typically takes to gain the status based on my understanding of the system. The last time I turned pink was 8 months ago because the game wouldn't load me in to a match that ended in 5 minutes and even on my new laptop the game has load issues at times, even if not as bad. From the start of the year, I've had maybe a couple not so friendly fire accidents - beyond the usual ships running in to each other. Now, my understanding was that the way the system worked - these occasional one off "DOH'!!!" moments wouldn't turn a player pink. Hell I've seen plenty of friendly fire not result in it, some of it blatantly intentional.

So did I miss a change in the system that made it way more trigger happy or something? I'm just legit curious how it came to me getting the penalty based on how I understood the system. Turning pink isn't a big deal cause A: it's colours on a screen, B: I did hit him regardless, and C: 2/3 matches to work it off the red team helped because it was me in D'Aosta, a DD that hid behind the rock not spotting, and then me finding out after a red DD spots me and 8/12 enemy ships open fire on me and delete me pretty fast.

[WORX]
Members
10,612 posts
18,506 battles

The automatic system tracks how many times you hit a teammate.

SO, any ordnance touches a friendly... Pink points are given (these points are seen in the "details" tab at the end of the the match).

These pink points also stats how much of a pink warning a player will receive... Accumulate a lot of pink pts then, you turn orange (about after the 15 day mark).. Keep on getting pink while on probation (orange), Heavier sanctions like bans will be given.

Its an automatic system, so far no one has been innocent of a pink. So its a good system...

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,418 battles

@WanderingGhost That damage may have been a large enough percentage of his hit points to trigger the TK status even if you didn't have a current high Team Damage count against you.

There is actually nothing to understand. Do enough team damage you get and unsporting conduct warning. Do a little to much a sterner warning. Continue to do so or outright sink an ally even worse and immediately and further damage to an ally is reflected to your ship. Keep it up get turned brown, restricted to co op only and team damage gets reflected to your ship and the restriction period increases. Don't stop then you get suspended and possibly perma banned.

Edited by CAPTMUDDXX
Crap edit wont let me change brown to orange!

[0456]
Members
3,602 posts
9,527 battles
1 hour ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@WanderingGhost That damage may have been a large enough percentage of his hit points to trigger the TK status even if you didn't have a current high Team Damage count against you.

There is actually nothing to understand. Do enough team damage you get and unsporting conduct warning. Do a little to much a sterner warning. Continue to do so or outright sink an ally even worse and immediately and further damage to an ally is reflected to your ship. Keep it up get turned brown, restricted to co op only and team damage gets reflected to your ship and the restriction period increases. Don't stop then you get suspended and possibly perma banned.

Brown was actually used for cheaters awhile back but not on NA servers since they didn’t want to citadel any cheaters’ sensitive feels. 

I don’t think brown is in our color scheme but orange is.

[HINON]
Members
13,240 posts
13 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

Brown was actually used for cheaters awhile back but not on NA servers since they didn’t want to citadel any cheaters’ sensitive feels. 

I don’t think brown is in our color scheme but orange is.

However orange is only apparent to the orange player.  They appear pink to everyone else.

• Cool 1

[0456]
Members
3,602 posts
9,527 battles
12 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

However orange is only apparent to the orange player.  They appear pink to everyone else.

Ooooooooh really? Was wondering why I hadn’t seen one. Actually I think I’d seen one last year... maybe they changed that so it’s only on their side.  

Anyway regardless thanks for the clarification. 

Edited by _ENO_

[--K--]
Members
1,342 posts
10,164 battles

WG holds to the automated system, and will send you that response even if a teammate blatantly sabotages games.  They’re quick to react to bad words but when it actually comes to the game experience they sit on their hands.

[W-P-A]
[W-P-A]
Members
242 posts
13,205 battles

Wow! I've never been orange, but I've been pink, just 2 days ago. I was in a heated battle with ships and splashes all around. I accidentally sunk one of our dd's. He said, "What the hell and my reply was oops, sorry". I was in a Fiji, heavy gunfire going on everywhere. Two game penalty.