You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LadyAnesjka

So Sick of the Lies of Match Maker.

30 comments in this topic

Members
1,674 posts
12,382 battles

4 Game in a Row of pure CV, 1 game of 2 CV ---- 

So Sick of CV in this game. 

Before of all this CV only have ability to spot DD and if they risk it bomb or torpedo.... with not much luck. But spot DD was enough for team mate to hammer DD.

Now  ???????

• have to worry of spot
  • have to worry of radar
  • have to worry of other dd
  • have to worry of rockets

There is almost NO BENEFIT to play DD in todays game.   Wargaming have effectivley kill off DD class to point of ZERO fun.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 10

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,612 posts
14,665 battles

Ya, it's not accurate. 

[INTEL]
Members
13,073 posts
36,078 battles
1 minute ago, LadyAnesjka said:

Before of all this CV only have ability to spot DD and if they risk it bomb or torpedo.... with not much luck. But spot DD was enough for team mate to hammer DD.

Now  ???????

• have to worry of spot
  • have to worry of radar

There is almost NO BENEFIT to play DD in todays game.   Wargaming have effectivley kill off DD class to point of ZERO fun.

CVs suck. But until you can convince the devs to actually give a damn about game play, we will just have to eat this garbage again and again.

I've curtailed my DD gameplay as well. It's not fun to be continuously spotted and griefed by an unethical mechanic that WG keeps in the game just to create additional damage.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 8

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,802 posts
4,631 battles
23 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

Wargaming have effectivley kill off DD class to point of ZERO fun.

I very much disagree.  I tend to avoid DD because I'm not very good in them.  But I have to admit that I'm having more fun in them recently.

OTOH, the MM loading screen makes me crazy, too.  WHY put up bogus sHt that just misleads?  A blank screen would be better.

• Cool 4

[WORX]
Members
10,708 posts
18,582 battles

WOWs has become a Anti-torp DD gaming platform.

People like easy games instead of depending on your cruisers to spot DDs.

• Confused 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,674 posts
12,382 battles

I go from that ---- to go play some ranked to get away from CV

Then have to deal with this.  Someone suggest to take break from this game. After seeing this behavior in ranked i think maybe is time.

20190810_030520_PBSC109-Neptune_23_Shards.wowsreplay

• Boring 1

Members
1,103 posts
38 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

Based on game stats, many players appear to disagree with your opinion.

Since AA was substantially revised with 0.8.5, overall game play is up more than 15%,  DD play has increased more than 35%, and CV play has dropped more than 35%.

I uninstalled in disgust when WG announced the NTC but recently resumed playing WOWS.  With the changes in 0.8.5 and 0.8.6, I rarely have significant problems with CVs, and then no more so than I encounter particularly skilled players in any kind of ship.

Members
176 posts
801 battles
53 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

I go from that ---- to go play some ranked to get away from CV

Then have to deal with this.  Someone suggest to take break from this game. After seeing this behavior in ranked i think maybe is time.

20190810_030520_PBSC109-Neptune_23_Shards.wowsreplay

I just played the 8.7 PT Round 2, and CV cancer is going to be worse than ever. The new AA sector is weak af, and they made the cancer squadrons bigger.

My break starts when the patch drops.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[INTEL]
Members
13,073 posts
36,078 battles
54 minutes ago, C14Alpha said:

I uninstalled in disgust when WG announced the NTC but recently resumed playing WOWS.  With the changes in 0.8.5 and 0.8.6, I rarely have significant problems with CVs, and then no more so than I encounter particularly skilled players in any kind of ship.

I  played several enjoyable DD games after 0.8.5 but I played Nicholas last week in a 2 CV crapfest. Spent the whole game being griefed by Sky Cancer, shot down 55 planes, had zero effect on their ability to grief me, eventually the rockets got me. Zero fun. Since then I have played DD only in Ranked.

Sick of eating that garbage because somebody in marketing decided they needed to move premium CVs... so I will wait until the Cancer level has falled to pre-ReBork days.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 5

[INTEL]
Members
13,073 posts
36,078 battles
2 minutes ago, CruiserSailor said:

I just played the 8.7 PT Round 2, and CV cancer is going to be worse than ever. The new AA sector is weak af, and they made the cancer squadrons bigger.

My break starts when the patch drops.

Thanks for this information.

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,459 battles

CVs are in no way equivalent to Cancer nor any other often terminal illness. 

Yes the 8.7 CV v AA change is just more stinky garbage. So bad the maggots are running from it.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 8

[-KIA-]
Members
3,475 posts
14,849 battles

I think the game only display ship currently waiting at your current tier.

And seriously, T8 CV vs T10 DD isn't the end of the world

• Cool 1

Members
1,429 posts
7,116 battles

This could be wrong but i was told those numbers only show your tier and +/- 1 tier. Two tiers below or above it does not show.

Members
817 posts
9,071 battles
2 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

I think the game only display ship currently waiting at your current tier.

And seriously, T8 CV vs T10 DD isn't the end of the world

1 hour ago, USMC2145 said:

This could be wrong but i was told those numbers only show your tier and +/- 1 tier. Two tiers below or above it does not show.

the larger number on the right, ( 60?) shows the number of ships available for MM for the selected ship ( usually a 3 tier span ) ( for 1-4T, 2tier span, for tier 5-6 can be either 3 or 2 tier span )

the smaller number shows the ships, already hand-picked by the MM for current ship. Both numbers can change rapidly, and many times, as more or less ships becomes available, and MM keeps changing the picked ships, for a better match.....so we can have the usual 1 sided blowout game...we love so much...

• Boring 2

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,136 posts
5,028 battles

I find that the only time it is ever good to look at that counter is the early rank 5 queue where it takes a few mins to get a match. If you are a DD and see a wave of cruisers you might wanna bail out. 

[SALVO]
Members
24,838 posts
25,932 battles
6 hours ago, LadyAnesjka said:

image.thumb.png.4e9bfc8ea95ccfc6ad427b213f6bfa3b.pngimage.thumb.png.80296abd2f1e694a374394b32b5b2d00.png

I think that this happens when the MM queue is waiting for enough ships to fill teams and 2 CVs show up at the last second.  I think that the instant that MM can fill a team, it doesn't bother updating the queue numbers we see, and just forms them and drops us into battle.  Frankly, it's nothing to get hot and bothered about.  Jeez.

• Cool 1

Members
5,263 posts
9,967 battles
4 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I think that this happens when the MM queue is waiting for enough ships to fill teams and 2 CVs show up at the last second.  I think that the instant that MM can fill a team, it doesn't bother updating the queue numbers we see, and just forms them and drops us into battle.  Frankly, it's nothing to get hot and bothered about.  Jeez.

^^^^^ The above is truth and it is common sense to boot - maybe that is why this thread exists.

[SALVO]
Members
24,838 posts
25,932 battles

Also, for what it's worth, I think that I see more CV play on weekends than during the week.  Part of this could just be normal weekend casual players playing CVs.  And part of it might be the effect of Naval Battles players trying to get their NB stars in CVs.  I know that I don't play CVs much during the week, but will play them for the sake of Naval Battles.

[DTB]
Members
264 posts
6 hours ago, LadyAnesjka said:

Wargaming have effectivley kill off DD class to point of ZERO fun.

Really?

Its pretty much my main now. Much more fun than BBs or cruisers.

[PVE]
Members
6,181 posts
22,432 battles
51 minutes ago, VonSmallHausenn said:

the larger number on the right, ( 60?) shows the number of ships available for MM for the selected ship ( usually a 3 tier span ) ( for 1-4T, 2tier span, for tier 5-6 can be either 3 or 2 tier span )

the smaller number shows the ships, already hand-picked by the MM for current ship. Both numbers can change rapidly, and many times, as more or less ships becomes available, and MM keeps changing the picked ships, for a better match.....so we can have the usual 1 sided blowout game...we love so much...

As it says in the queue, "ships w/in your range".

For a T10 that leaves 3 tiers...8-10.

For a T7 (as an example) that would be 5 tiers...5-9 as all of those tiers are w/in the range of T7 (excluding failed divs).

I believe the large number is all of the players that have the same mode (random/co-op/etc) selected as you & have a ship selected in port w/in your range & the smaller number is the number of ships that have actually hit the ready button & are queued up already (although just because the queue shows 24 ships queued up in your range doesn't mean that they are all w/in each other's ranges-like if you're in a T7 some of those ships may be T5s & other's T9s).

W/ranked queued the ships are all the same tier so the types of ships are usually pretty accurate as to what will be in the battle but in randoms it may show a lot of a certain type of ship but only have a couple in the match due to most of them being different tiers (say a bunch of T9s queued up whereas your T7 got pulled into a T5-7 match) or it may show none of a certain type (such as happened to OP) & they drop in from a game that just ended & MM just dropped them in & started the match before the queue could register them.

[FERAL]
Members
87 posts
5,390 battles

I have only played T8 randoms 18 times in my Baltimore (my only T8 ship) and I think I have only played against CVs twice. It seems that T8-T10 CVs are not played as often when I play, which is mostly 2100-0100 any day of the week. Played T3-T4 German CLs last night and had double CVs every game. I know I will likely not play CVs much after I get to T6.

Hard to play Kolberg getting uptiered with double CVs every match.  Why have a ship with no AA that has to huddle closely to others trying to avoid focus fire from above with no defense?After two matches, I just free XPed to Karlsurhe to end the misery. I do though, kinda like the CV rework, just don't want to play with no counter option.

Edited by JayRow2018

[REVY]
Members
2,287 posts
12,298 battles
On 8/10/2019 at 2:25 AM, LadyAnesjka said:

Now  ???????

• have to worry of spot
  • have to worry of radar

On 8/10/2019 at 2:27 AM, pikohan said:

Ya, it's not accurate. 

On 8/10/2019 at 6:14 AM, Shoggoth_pinup said:

It happened because the queue suddenly filled up, simple as that. When a match ends, there is a sudden surge of requeueing.

having a CV in a battle is not the end of the game. It just means you need to play smarter. Adapt to the conditions and move on.

As for the Queue screen, It launched the battle based on available ships and when it does so the queue screen usually freezes. While it gives you an idea what ships are out there, it is not a true 'real-time' counter in that sense.