Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DD_Connoisseur

Horrible progression system for new players

12 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
45 battles

I don't understand why would I need to play at least 300 battles just to unlock everything that I need to make my game more comfortable, especially the commander ones. 

Screenshot (39).png

Screenshot (38).png

• Confused 1

[-KAK-]
Members
584 posts
10,870 battles

What do you unlock with the last couple of levels? It's been a while since I looked, but I'm thinking it's stuff like clan/ranked battles which you wouldn't be able to participate in anyway (Locked to ships of a certain tier, and even if you bought such a ship you really don't want to be going there right away anyway).

As for upgrades, captains, camos, signals, etc - I think it was intended to limit the amount of stuff coming at you right away, which might overwhelm newer players (Rightly or wrongly of course). It's definitely frustrating starting out, but I would say that it's not too bad if you run your initial game through coop mode (since the games against bots tend to be a bit easier and much quicker). You could definitely play 10 battles in coop there (to get commanders) within an hour, where it could take 2-3 in randoms if the games run long.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,086 posts
18,898 battles
2 minutes ago, TheOmegaDuck said:

I think it was intended to limit the amount of stuff coming at you right away, which might overwhelm newer players

It is, and it would. Though personally I wish they didn't lock training room behind account lvl 15.

• Cool 1

Members
9,159 posts
11,172 battles

Methinks this is someone's alt.

Anyway, the point is to allow a new player to become comfortable with the new things they receive and can do, instead of having it all at once and having no idea what to do with any of it.

Of course, we have players with over 10k battles that are still dazed and confused, so I have no hopes this will help in any way.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
602 posts
8,262 battles
1 hour ago, DD_Connoisseur said:

I don't understand why would I need to play at least 300 battles just to unlock everything that I need to make my game more comfortable, especially the commander ones. 

World of Warships, World of Tanks, and World of Warplanes aren't your standard game to play for 40 hours and unlock and beat everything.   These are games you play for the long haul with lots of patience.

[ARGSY]
Members
19,962 posts
14,258 battles
6 hours ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Methinks this is someone's alt.

I am inclined to agree. Sixteen battles and he's already in the Hosho? He needs to grind through Hashidate, Chikuma, Umikaze, Wakatake and Isokaze to do that, and while I know it's possible to do it by loading up every damn XP flag there is, slapping on a Mosaic camo and having one really good Random game in each ship*, I remember what my progress was like at those tiers as a newbie.

He's either incredibly gifted or he's been here before.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,009 posts
22,560 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I am inclined to agree. Sixteen battles and he's already in the Hosho? He needs to grind through Hashidate, Chikuma, Umikaze, Wakatake and Isokaze to do that, and while I know it's possible to do it by loading up every damn XP flag there is, slapping on a Mosaic camo and having one really good Random game in each ship*, I remember what my progress was like at those tiers as a newbie.

IIRC you could get around 80k of Free XP when you got an invite code and started the game. Not sure if they still do that or not but it could be that is what was done a while back and then just started playing recently. 

[ARGSY]
Members
19,962 posts
14,258 battles
2 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

IIRC you could get around 80k of Free XP when you got an invite code and started the game. Not sure if they still do that or not but it could be that is what was done a while back and then just started playing recently. 

Wow. Now that I didn't know. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,009 posts
22,560 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Wow. Now that I didn't know. 

The old invite a friend deal was far better than what they got now for a new player. You would get the Diana, 80k of free xp, credits and maybe some premium time just by playing one game. When you hit tier 6 and played a match, you got Texas and some other goodies. One of my biggest regrets when I started was not getting an invite code. When I realized I could have had so much Free XP, it drove me nuts. I always made a point of telling new players to get a code because they wanted that free xp even if they didn't know they wanted it... 

Members
2 posts
45 battles
31 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I got the Hosho from the invite code I got from youtube channels. They gave me a free Hosho + 100 doubloons + 1 mil credits if I'm a new player.

[ARGSY]
Members
19,962 posts
14,258 battles
8 minutes ago, DD_Connoisseur said:

I got the Hosho from the invite code I got from youtube channels. They gave me a free Hosho + 100 doubloons + 1 mil credits if I'm a new player.

Aha. Explanation accepted. My apologies for misjudging you.

I hope you're having fun in it.

Sign in to follow this