Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_rh5SCEZYT0fx

match making woes

11 comments in this topic

Members
13 posts

I am a sad sad panda...  started leveling Japs to get the CV and 12 straight games that were totally lop-sided I mean so bad only 1-2 ships at most were lost on the other team. (lost 10 of those 12)

i don't understand the matching system and you would think they would make it to where it was at least somewhat fair because noone likes losing 10 straight games.

• Funny 1

Members
3,582 posts
12,941 battles
1 minute ago, LadyKrickett said:

I am a sad sad panda...  started leveling Japs to get the CV and 12 straight games that were totally lop-sided I mean so bad only 1-2 ships at most were lost on the other team. (lost 10 of those 12)

i don't understand the matching system and you would think they would make it to where it was at least somewhat fair because noone likes losing 10 straight games.

MM doesnt do any skill MM. It just tries to divide the ships evenly per tier/ship type. 

Even if we did have some skill based MM, it wouldnt protect against random losing streaks. 

I do think there are improvements needed for MM, and it seems they are doing some type of "constant low tier" protection soon. 

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,485 posts

You are talking about skills based match making.

This game doesn't use it for a bunch of reasons.

One for example is increased match creation times.  WG wants you playing as many matches as possible.

Another example is that if it worked great, it would serve to force everyone toward a 50% win rate.

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,422 battles

But you would love 10 game win streaks!

[TDRB]
Members
5,123 posts
13,731 battles
21 minutes ago, LadyKrickett said:

There is no way to make even teams.

Members
13 posts
6 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

There is no way to make even teams. 

yet there has to be a way to make them better then what they are.  Sorry but lop-sided teams MOST games is NOT fun (win or lose) and i believe a sort of skill based SHOULD be implemented (though i know it wont)

One day maybe we will get a game company that actually cares about balance.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,485 posts
3 minutes ago, LadyKrickett said:

yet there has to be a way to make them better then what they are.  Sorry but lop-sided teams MOST games is NOT fun (win or lose) and i believe a sort of skill based SHOULD be implemented (though i know it wont)

In a way, they do care about balance, which is exactly why it is done the way it is.

I don't want skills based match making.  The RNG of it helps keep the game unpredictable and hence fun.  The player base in this game is not super large. I don't want to keep getting matched with the same people over and over.

[POP]
Members
1,573 posts
22,573 battles

don't worry, you will find the right match some day.

Members
5,261 posts
9,943 battles

Outside of evening radar ships - there is nothing else that can be done.  MM/WG doe snot care so much about 1 person that they/it makes sure they lose 10 games in a row.  You should be focusing on how to play and how to play better with less than 200 games.  You have barely scratches the surface of the mechanics in the game and those are far more important than W/L.

[TDRB]
Members
5,123 posts
13,731 battles
12 hours ago, LadyKrickett said:

You will have the exact same thing, numerous blowout games, with a skilled based MM. You will also have longer queue times.

Members
5,261 posts
9,943 battles
13 hours ago, LadyKrickett said:

Nothing to do about a company that cares - far more about not being able to determine 'skill' of an individual player in a game.  Even if they could - it would not be till level 15 - anything below will be heavily lopsided.

Sign in to follow this