You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dimzzy

So why exactly Kronshtadt was removed?

77 comments in this topic

[-1]
Members
696 posts
9,949 battles

I've checked stats on wows-numbers and it does not look like a very popular ship. Musashi is played three times more often. Azuma does noticeably more damage on average. Yes, Kronshtadt has a bit better WR, but it's less than Black and quite comparable to Alaska. Actually I think it has slightly better WR because Musashi was preferred choice for people that had to choose only one ship so only more experienced people got both, so Kronshtadt just has better players. It seems that Jean Bart becomes a very popular ship. So why not bring Kronshtadt back? If 750k fxp was a problem just make it 1mil--I think people will understand.

[WOLF3]
Members
27,081 posts
23,857 battles

Kronshtadt wasn't wildly popular because it's a RU ship.

It also didn't help her reputation when the ship was new, some people tried to play her like a Battleship and got deleted for trying to do so.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,578 posts

They cycle ships in and out to create rarity and demand.  This drives sales while it is available.

Just like a store's sale ad saying "Act now, sale ends on X date" or "while supplies last" etc.

• Cool 4

[--K--]
Members
1,343 posts
10,212 battles
8 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

They cycle ships in and out to create rarity and demand.  This drives sales while it is available.

Just like a store's sale ad saying "Act now, sale ends on X date" or "while supplies last" etc.

But it’s not available, and hasn’t been for close to a year or more? 

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,578 posts
3 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

But it’s not available, and hasn’t been for close to a year or more? 

Dunno.  WG decides when to cycle ships in.  It's possible they may never cycle it back in but I imagine they will at some point.

[--K--]
Members
1,343 posts
10,212 battles
6 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Dunno.  WG decides when to cycle ships in.  It's possible they may never cycle it back in but I imagine they will at some point.

Not that I’m pining for it or anything but the option would be nice.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,039 posts
10,089 battles

My understanding was that it performed too well.  This is backed up by the statistics we got to see when they analyzed Siegfried.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 4

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,136 posts
5,017 battles

These ships are becoming extremely popular for their tier, and to avoid Tier IX battles becoming packed with them, as well as to maintain diversity, we decided to remove the possibility of purchasing or obtaining these ships for an indefinite period. As such, they have already been replaced with French Tier IX battleship Jean Bart, with plans in progress to introduce another ship of the same tier in future.

(quote of quote from the news post)

Likely case? Just fancy talk for what Mrs. Mouse said. 

[RMRGD]
Members
455 posts
22,749 battles
16 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

My understanding was that it performed too well.  This is backed up by the statistics we got to see when they analyzed Siegfried.

This is what I heard as well.   I actually like the Kron but she is very "trollish"    that dispersion makes me sad sometimes.    Its like Mikasa but with more guns LOL.   But at the right angles tanking 3million potential in her is really easy.   And I think this is why people think she is a little OP.   She gets random citadels but its pure luck then skill.    She is fun. I don't think there was a good reason to remove her honestly. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,014 posts
22,574 battles
56 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

I've checked stats on wows-numbers and it does not look like a very popular ship. Musashi is played three times more often. Azuma does noticeably more damage on average. Yes, Kronshtadt has a bit better WR, but it's less than Black and quite comparable to Alaska. Actually I think it has slightly better WR because Musashi was preferred choice for people that had to choose only one ship so only more experienced people got both, so Kronshtadt just has better players. It seems that Jean Bart becomes a very popular ship. So why not bring Kronshtadt back? If 750k fxp was a problem just make it 1mil--I think people will understand.

Well for one, the Kron is crap. I have 70 or 80 premium ships and Kron is the only one I have buyer's remorse over and the only ship that disgusted me so much I contacted Support for a refund on. Of course they were "unable" to help which of course means "unwilling". Definitely left a nasty taste in my mouth that I will not forget. It was also the moment when I realized I could not trust Wargaming to do the right thing. LWM's review was wrong, the ship is not very good even in Co-op as its slow reload, poor maneuverability and lack of hydro gimps it into absolute turd status. That is on top of Mikesa like gun dispersion. 

Unless you just have loads of free xp that you want to get rid of, the Kron is a pass, a hard pass. 

• Cool 6
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 7

[RMRGD]
Members
455 posts
22,749 battles
Just now, Taylor3006 said:

Well for one, the Kron is crap. I have 70 or 80 premium ships and Kron is the only one I have buyer's remorse over and the only ship that disgusted me so much I contacted Support for a refund on. Of course they were "unable" to help which of course means "unwilling". Definitely left a nasty taste in my mouth that I will not forget. It was also the moment when I realized I could not trust Wargaming to do the right thing. LWM's review was wrong, the ship is not very good even in Co-op as its slow reload, poor maneuverability and lack of hydro gimps it into absolute turd status. That is on top of Mikesa like gun dispersion. 

Unless you just have loads of free xp that you want to get rid of, the Kron is a pass, a hard pass. 

LOL we posted at the same time and both compared her guns to Mikasa..   High Five! lol

I would take a Kron any day over Neustrashimy so much wasted steel.   There are least 3-4 DDs I would take over her at Tier 9.  And its a toss if I would take Kidd over Neustrashimy.   So bad such remorse.   Oh well. 

Members
3,585 posts
13,004 battles
3 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Are any of the battlecruisers any good for co op? Might as well just play a BB or a faster firing cruiser in that environment. 

[-KAK-]
Members
585 posts
10,936 battles

Officially, I think WG said it was too popular (Which was an abosolute joke compared to Musashi). Unofficially, I suspect it was either what LWM said (It was performing better than they wanted) or so that they could push the FXP ships up to 1M FXP without any legacies left at 750k or having to justify raising the price.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,680 posts
7,496 battles
3 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Are any of the battlecruisers any good for co op? Might as well just play a BB or a faster firing cruiser in that environment. 

Yeah, you pretty much want DPM in coop if you can't just overmatch blap things. I like Kron in randoms, though. She's about as accurate as an Iowa (same rough dispersion curve) and fires faster.

As for why she was removed, I bet it was artificial scarcity, although her performance has always been pretty good statistically.

Edited by MnemonScarlet

[RMRGD]
Members
455 posts
22,749 battles
2 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Alaska is pretty fun.  But I dont really like any of the "super" cruisers.   They feel squishy, slow firing guns.   I dont feel like I get more citadels with them they I would any other old ship.   I honestly dont take Azuma, Alaska, out much at all.    I actually would entertain Zieg only for the fact she may get bismark style secondaries.  Which i find to be some of the most fun ships. 

Members
3,585 posts
13,004 battles
5 minutes ago, MnemonScarlet said:

Yeah, you pretty much want DPM in coop if you can't just overmatch blap things. I like Kron in randoms, though. She's about as accurate as an Iowa (same rough dispersion curve) and fires faster.

As for why she was removed, I bet it was artificial scarcity, although her performance has always been pretty good statistically.

4 minutes ago, deresistance said:

Alaska is pretty fun.  But I dont really like any of the "super" cruisers.   They feel squishy, slow firing guns.   I dont feel like I get more citadels with them they I would any other old ship.   I honestly dont take Azuma, Alaska, out much at all.    I actually would entertain Zieg only for the fact she may get bismark style secondaries.  Which i find to be some of the most fun ships. 

I went to see how I performed in co op in the battle cruisers. I never played them there, which is odd, since I thought I did for the french flakes. But I guess I didnt. lol

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,014 posts
22,574 battles
13 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

I only have Kron and Yoshimo to be fair. The IJN ship does better IMHO because of its torps and it does not feel crappy,  just feels like a heavy cruiser with a big butt.. I do like it, don't love it, but like it enough to be happy with the purchase. BTW after a long time of hating the heavy cruisers like Indianapolis and the tech tree ones, I have grown to love them. Not sure why, maybe we just clicked finally. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[SIM]
Members
4,934 posts
8,014 battles

It got pulled for the same reason that the Type 59 was pulled in World of Tanks: It was slightly overperforming and it was absolutely everywhere in its tier. One of the two is acceptable, but combined it creates a problem. I do hope that they cycle Kronstadt and Musashi back in at some point, so that folks who missed them the first time around have a chance at them.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,046 posts
13,308 battles
1 hour ago, dimzzy said:

If 750k fxp was a problem just make it 1mil--I think people will understand.

The 750,000 FXP price tag WAS the problem, and yes, people WOULD have understood, and that would have ADVERTISED the problem:

...putting it and the premium shop side by side with the Alaska would show the change in T9 FXP price from from 750k to 1M FXP was a contrived concern, a canard, whether they raised the Kronshtadt’s price, or not.

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,738 posts

It was only a problem in that it would have made the nonsense about "inflation" all the more transparent if they'd left it in with Alaska.

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
3,046 posts
13,308 battles
7 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

It was only a problem in that it would have made the nonsense about "inflation" all the more transparent if they'd left it in with Alaska.

Exactly my point.

Members
3,097 posts
12,268 battles
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

Well for one, the Kron is crap.

Kron is one of the best performing ships at it’s tier, which is saying a lot if you take into consideration how many good premium ships there are at T9.  Of course it’s potential to shine vs human opponents is lost on you, since you prefer to sink brain dead bots instead.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 2