You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MEANN

crazy idea for balance of clan wars

17 comments in this topic

[HATE]
Members
1,058 posts
15,851 battles

I know this will be crushed without mercy. But here goes. The biggest complaint on the forums is how op x ship is and how it is not available for everyone. 

Here is a very easy solution!

clan battles has 2 configurations for clan wars. 

Team A 

1 bb

1 dd

4 cruisers 

Team B

1 bb

2 dd

3 cruisers

WG at the beginning of the season will give each player each of the 6 boats that are to be only used in cb and training room. So a set of boats would be the same for all teams. So it is only skill that will make the difference. 

OR 

Axis vs Allies

Where teams will have use of only these Tech Tree boats. And the Clan has to Pick a side for each of  the cb sessions just like picking a server. 

Allies

American, British, French 

Axis

German, Russian, Japan 

I am open to all ideas on how to make this better. This a idea that I want the community to help evolve. 

• Boring 2

Members
1,092 posts
3 minutes ago, MEANN said:

I know this will be crushed without mercy. But here goes. The biggest complaint on the forums is how op x ship is and how it is not available for everyone. 

Team A 

1 bb

1 dd

4 cruisers 

Team B

1 bb

2 dd

3 cruisers

WG at the beginning of the season will give each player each of the 6 boats that are to be only used in cb and training room. So a set of boats would be the same for all teams. So it is only skill that will make the difference. 

OR 

Axis vs Allies

Where teams will have use of only these Tech Tree boats. And the Clan has to Pick a side for each of  the cb sessions just like picking a server. 

Allies

Axis

German, Russian, Japan 

I am open to all ideas on how to make this better. This a idea that I want the community to help evolve. 

The Russians were Allies not part of the Axis

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
3,711 posts
21,724 battles
12 minutes ago, MEANN said:

Team A 

1 bb

1 dd

4 cruisers 

Team B

1 bb

2 dd

3 cruisers

OR 

Axis vs Allies

Allies

Axis

German, Russian, Japan 

There is no one boat that will make or break a match. This whining over any boat being OP is just ridiculous and people need to grow up.

People will whine about anything and everything apparently.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles
41 minutes ago, MEANN said:

German, Russian, Japan 

Hahahaha! History much?

I think you should have Italy in the middle instead.

42 minutes ago, MEANN said:

So what is the point for players to work hard or spend money to get these "OP" boats? Which T8 ships are OP?

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
919 posts
10,128 battles
55 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

There is no one boat that will make or break a match. This whining over any boat being OP is just ridiculous and people need to grow up.

People will whine about anything and everything apparently.

For the current clan battles, tier 8 has no ships OP enough to make or break a match. There are, however, two ships for certain, and maybe a third, that at other tiers are definitely OP enough to break a match in competent hands. 

[PVE]
Members
6,130 posts
22,432 battles
2 hours ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

1 hour ago, geser98 said:

Hahahaha! History much?

I think you should have Italy in the middle instead.

His/her history is just fine...Russia started out allies (or at least aggressive to germany...although not necessarily fighting for the allies) then went "non aggression" w/the Germans just long enough for Germany to get a solid toe hold in Europe (while attacking allied nation's to get their cut of the agreed countries them & Germany agreed to split between them) before Germany betrayed them & they officially became "allies".

Not what I would consider an actual Ally...I'd lean more towards OPs viewpoint myself.

Kinda like somebody that committed treason being forgiven more out of need than actually being an ally.

But Italy would definitely be a more solid Axis option...but probably only because they were defeated before Germany could betray them too...let's face it...Italians (or the Japanese for that matter) don't exactly fit the Aryan prototype & eventually (if all had gone their way) they all would have been betrayed.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,412 posts
14,163 battles
2 hours ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

Not until June 22, 1941.

Members
177 posts
8,585 battles

There is a simple solution.

EU already has it due to European Union Legal Requirements..... All OP Premium boats are BANNED from EU Clan battles this season.

I have been rushing up my EU account like crazy so that next season I can play CBs in peace.

• Cool 2

Members
174 posts
566 battles
2 hours ago, MEANN said:

Team A 

1 bb

1 dd

4 cruisers 

Team B

1 bb

2 dd

3 cruisers

OR 

Axis vs Allies

Allies

Axis

German, Russian, Japan 

Sounds like someone didn’t pay attention in history class. Soviets weren’t with the Axis bud....

• Cool 1

[KNCOL]
Members
191 posts
5,791 battles
3 minutes ago, Melskiloco said:

There is a simple solution.

EU already has it due to European Union Legal Requirements..... All OP Premium boats are BANNED from EU Clan battles this season.

I have been rushing up my EU account like crazy so that next season I can play CBs in peace.

Yeah, EU dodged a bullet this time. WG trying to just force a pay to win meta by making clan wars tier 8 with a whole bunch of broken expensive premiums. I will admit though that I'm having a lot of fun dunking on poor premiumless EU clans during their primetime.

• Funny 1

[KRAK]
Members
3,711 posts
21,724 battles
6 hours ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

For the current clan battles, tier 8 has no ships OP enough to make or break a match. There are, however, two ships for certain, and maybe a third, that at other tiers are definitely OP enough to break a match in competent hands. 

Umm no.

[HATE]
Members
1,058 posts
15,851 battles
13 hours ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

That was a balance choice not historical

[HATE]
Members
1,058 posts
15,851 battles

As much as I love the idea of fact based play. My choice for the Russian boat was to balance radar. Can't have a team that has no radar. 

Members
1,872 posts
20 hours ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

Actually the Russians had a "Non Aggression Pact" with the Nazi's in 1939... which "sort of"  put them on the Axis side. Furthermore, Stalin coordinated with the Nazi's prior to or during the invasion of Poland and even had an agreement as to how to divide the country with the Germans...

But the Nazi's decided to invade Russia later on and arguably "back-stabbed" them. Which "sort of"  caused the Russians to cooperate with the allies. Italy is the third legitimate Axis member that is missing from the OP's post. And then Vichy France was cooperating with the Nazis as well... somewhat.

Russia was... independent of sorts lol. Neither Axis or Allies. Hence the Cold War that followed afterwards with America.  :)

Edited by ElectroVeeDub